Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to the protesters from last weekend ;)

The 44 players are sports participants, the vast majority have no career prospects outside of football ;)
Yeah never heard of well payed AFL players from richmond or Collingwood not falling into property investment.

All Votes Matter strikes during an election year once again, but this time it coincided with the death of a 7 time jailed felon who once robbed a pregnant woman in her home with a gun.

Thanks for bringing politics into teh sporting spotlight once again AFL....

Can you give example how a quota helps a talented kid that doesn't have a chance?
Quotas never work if education and % of demographics are not considered. Hiring quota have never worked however educational and identifying talent has never really been pushed.
Quotas for "hey look we have 10% of our police force as non whites" looks great in a report but unless you are truly identifying whats the barrier to a level playing field. Yeah its shit. The barrier is often poverty and oppotunity

Quotas are a pretty new concept. SA has varying degrees. I disagree with say, example of 56% have to be coloured, however at a junior level you need to push for inclusion and funding can be accessed to help get a young aboriginal kid who may be extremely talented but lacking in a stable home a leg up to the level playing field. Even usin cricket as an example, fees and equipment can be a massive barrier for youth. And yes 100% its not just a blacl/white issue, and class comes back to it where it isnt just a black/white issue

All Votes Matter strikes during an election year once again, but this time it coincided with the death of a 7 time jailed felon who once robbed a pregnant woman in her home with a gun.

George will be sadly missed by his many compatriot rioters and street thugs and also white middle class soy boy statue destroyers, i feel quite a few have posted their wise words of wokeness in this thread.

Didn't realise the sentance for that was to be choked to death under a knee a few years later?

Don't forget the vigils...

At the same time a police officer (of african american origin) was murdered during the protests...

Of course the greatest irony of all is to attend a mass protest during a time of pandemic for a virus which seemingly kills a much higher portion of the people that you are protesting to support...

If you wanted to virtue signal, chase likes or improve your brand equity surely it would have been more sensible to pour a cold bucket of ice on your head and be done with it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George will be sadly missed by his many compatriot rioters and street thugs and also white middle class soy boy statue destroyers, i feel quite a few have posted their wise words of wokeness in this thread.
Quite a lot of shit has been posted in this thread indeed.

My issue is they take the knee and then 2 months later when the issue isn't social trending it gets forgotten and then 5 years later here we go again...
That's why there has to be so much focus and energy attached to this. Shit cant keep happening. You saw the candidate of the presidency call Colin a son of a bitch for it and it goes away it needs to continue for months before meaningful chance will even be negotiated

On a salary of 500m PA i would
Admit there are issues Scomo just said we Never had slavery in Australia. Thats a lie. Whites camr here shackled and used for free labor. Sounds like slavery? Stricter control of alcohol sales and a system which doesnt punish vendors yet funnels moneyback into substance detox then indexed revenue . Alcohol syndrome is not a black/white issue but effects the poor much more then the wealthy and needs to be at the forefront of a lot of attention as it ruins lives before they even have a chance. More dedicated outlets for sport in regional and remote communities as an outlet and identifying kids with potential.

Dedicated and what people call quotas for training/education for 5/10 years for a circuit breaker for kids who are talented bur just dont the chance.

Funding for police but strictly for education and training. A nurse goes to university for 3 years. Police are trained for 6 months for an often horrific job that is.mentally more taxing then people admit. But departments separate from them to oversee and be more transparent with complaints.
A mistake rather than a lie - he’s not intending to deceive or hoodwink anyone. The convicts weren’t slaves, they served their sentences as labour for the settlers and were then freed. The real slaves were the South Sea islanders that were rounded up and brought here to work by various means.

It may not hurt anyone. But what happens if a player refuses to do it? We will see I guess.
Most clubs are pretty much on the front foot when it comes to racism, having players from a variety of backgrounds and wanting to be inclusive. Jason Johannisen has spoken out about his experiences, he will be well supported by all his teammates.

A mistake rather than a lie - he’s not intending to deceive or hoodwink anyone. The convicts weren’t slaves, they served their sentences as labour for the settlers and were then freed. The real slaves were the South Sea islanders that were rounded up and brought here to work by various means.
I'd argue the indigenous people who were never actually given their wages (had it held in 'trust' for them i believe) and couldn't travel freely would also be on the borderline of the definition of slavery. Perhaps indentured servitude may be a term that better reflects the reality (as opposed to the specific definition).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back