Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

...and Brett Sutton confirming they're counting people who 'died with' covid as 'dying from' it.. Including those in palliative care, without a timid media even questioning his bullshit or this lock down as a result.
Link?

...and Brett Sutton confirming they're counting people who 'died with' covid as 'dying from' it.. Including those in palliative care, without a timid media even questioning his bullshit or this lock down as a result.
If covid hadnt come along would they have lived longer....

What a bunch of morons running Dan's dynasty. Latest news is that many security guards received equality and diversity training and no infection control training before starting their jobs. FFS. Clowns to the left, greenies to the right, welcome to melbourne

Meanwhile, Dan threatens to keep the lockdown going. This will be absolutely disastrous if this happens. The job losses, business closures, suicides, mental health is already out of control.

Meanwhile, Dan threatens to keep the lockdown going. This will be absolutely disastrous if this happens. The job losses, business closures, suicides, mental health is already out of control.
It’s not a threat. It is going to go for at least 3 more weeks and all the right wing snowflakes are going to have to suck it up and sacrifice some of their prosperity for the lives of others. Wouldn’t have thought that was a hard decision for anyone to make but here we are.

We’re going to have to stop using the phrase ‘avoid it like the plague’ because it is becoming clear people don’t actually always try to avoid that.

He has to threaten that, people will too quickly start flaunting the advice if they think we are over it and the third wave will quickly come.

Hit it hard now, beat it, and don't go back to stage 4 again. That must be the strategy even if lockdown gets extended.

Are we shutting down an entire economy so palliative care patients might last a few more days?

Ummm, where to start? Such a short statement, but with such big consequences/implications.

First, yes, the economy should always be secondary to human life/wellbeing. Even if in many instances it contributes to both of the former.
Second, the moral and I'd guess the legal consequences of just letting people die.

I'm not at al sure you thought your statement through.

Are we shutting down an entire economy so palliative care patients might last a few more days?
If that's not enough for you, then we are also shutting down the economy so that we can open up properly without risking the lives of people who should have more than half their lives to go. Left unchecked coronavirus WILL overwhelm hospitals and it doesn't matter how young or healthy you are - if you need a ventilator, and can't get one - you are dead.

It’s not a threat. It is going to go for at least 3 more weeks and all the right wing snowflakes are going to have to suck it up and sacrifice some of their prosperity for the lives of others. Wouldn’t have thought that was a hard decision for anyone to make but here we are.

We’re going to have to stop using the phrase ‘avoid it like the plague’ because it is becoming clear people don’t actually always try to avoid that.
Wow your empathy for people who have lost their businesses, jobs, relationships, loved ones due to suicide and suffered extreme levels of mental stress due to the lockdown is truelly inspiring........

But I assume everyone one of these people above who have suffered was a "right wing snowflake" so they don't deserve our pity?

I am not against the lockdown but it really p......s me off when people downplay the negative effects this lockdown is having on Victoria and Australia as a whole.

We have to be allowed to debate and weigh up the pros and cons of the lockdown without terms such as "right wing snowflake" bring thrown around.

Most of the people who are being hit the hardest from the lockdown (women, students, younger workers in gig economy, single parents, etc) hardly fit the stereotype of a "right wing snowflake".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you might want to look at how countries with covid running rampant through them are going

Then compare them to states in your own country that have it under control.

We are running free in wa

Wow your empathy for people who have lost their businesses, jobs, relationships, loved ones due to suicide and suffered extreme levels of mental stress due to the lockdown is truelly inspiring........

But I assume everyone one of these people above who have suffered was a "right wing snowflake" so they don't deserve our pity?

I am not against the lockdown but it really p......s me off when people downplay the negative effects this lockdown is having on Victoria and Australia as a whole.

We have to be allowed to debate and weigh up the pros and cons of the lockdown without terms such as "right wing snowflake" bring thrown around.

Most of the people who are being hit the hardest from the lockdown (women, students, younger workers in gig economy, single parents, etc) hardly fit the stereotype of a "right wing snowflake".
I'm in that group. When I go back to doing what I would normally do, I don't want it taken away from me within a month again. That feeling is worse than an extra week or so of lockdown at the end.

Are palliative care patients the only victims of covid?

If you wish to discuss things with the adults, try exploring concepts a little more advanced than those of a toddler.

If that's not enough for you, then we are also shutting down the economy so that we can open up properly without risking the lives of people who should have more than half their lives to go. Left unchecked coronavirus WILL overwhelm hospitals and it doesn't matter how young or healthy you are - if you need a ventilator, and can't get one - you are dead.
And it will lead to more deaths from other acute medical problems because when people go to hospital with other illnesses, there won't be available beds, intensive care beds, ventilators, etc. Its not just COVID, its the flow on.

Are palliative care patients the only victims of covid?

If you wish to discuss things with the adults, try exploring concepts a little more advanced than those of a toddler.

In 99.9% of cases the elderly with conditions leaving them vulnerable to numerous other infections endangering their life are the victims of covid.

You're a fool.

Tell you what does my head in.
It doesn't matter how old somebody is, how sick somebody has been or any other insensitive shit.
Even if somebody is 100 the last 6 months in this world has been rubbish. I would like to think that its not all just to save them because frankly it's barely worth it under these circumstances. I watched my Dad pass away last month and it was ****ing terrible because he was dying, he knew it, we all knew it but he had to spend it sitting in the house just waiting to die, couldn't go anywhere, couldn't hardly see anyone and finally died. At home mind you with my mum and I doing all the care with a palliative nurse dropping in. He didn't physically see a doctor for the last 4 months, too dangerous!
The day after he died we went to tougher restrictions again so there has been no funeral, and now my mum alone for the first time in her life has a large family on both sides who have not been able to see her, console her etc. She cant go anywhere or do anything, just stuck in her house with a box of her husbands ashes for the last 6 weeks.
She's going awesome.
The irony of it which i never realized and many still don't is the people we are supposed to be protecting we are actually causing the most grief and suffering.

We quarantined and tested international arrivals too yet here we are. My worry is that you aren't worried (not you specifcally of course). Have other states learned from the Victorian experience or is there complanceny that it hasn't happened here so it can't? It seems that's the SA view. At least WA has made ammendments so quarantines can't just walk out of their hotels anymore. Are hotel workers and security tested twice a week? Are they allowed second jobs? Are they considered close contacts so must abide by close contact protocols? Are opposition parties asking these questions?

Having lived in both places.
Perth does not have anywhere near as much of the demographic that we saw spreading it most prevalently.

Including palliative care, doesn't mean ONLY palliative care. Stop parroting the dumbest stuff that the dumbest Americans have been saying for months.

..that the death count is complete bullshit.

Do you need a transcript?
If you are in palliative care for cancer with Weeks/ months left to live and someone shoots you in the head and kills you - what do you die of?

What if its a cyclone and it rips the roof off and you are crushed by debris?

If theres a fire and you get smoke inhalation?

What if someone injects you with an overdose of heroin?

Or if the nurse injects the wrong drug?

Or a doctor prescribes something you are allergic to

What if you break your hip in a fall and die under anaesthesia?

What if someone visiting has influenza and you die after catching it off them?

In every single one of these cases, you died of the individual circumstance - not cancer.

If that circumstance hadnt come about, you would have lived for days/ weeks/ months more.

On the death certificate you cause of death will be the individual circumstance listed.

Not cancer.

In many if them cancer will certainly contribute. But cancer has also gone into remission in terminal cases for no known reason.

Do you see the difference?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back