Could Carlton be a serious contender in this random season?

Remove this Banner Ad

The win over the Bulldogs was very good and but for a 1-min lapse in brain capacity, we should have rolled Port. We were in the mix for a bit but we were shown up last night as still having too many deficiencies.

That Port game is such a misnomer.

Port were the better team an should have won comfortably by 3-4 goals. Their inaccuracy in front of goal almost cost them the win.

Carlton can't play better than that game, and yet they still lost to a wasteful Port Adelaide outfit.

Port were the better team an should have won comfortably by 3-4 goals. Their inaccuracy in front of goal almost cost them the win.

Carlton can't play better than that game, and yet they still lost to a wasteful Port Adelaide outfit.

They gave us the opportunity to win it, we weren't mature enough to know how to win it at the death.

They gave us the opportunity to win it, we weren't mature enough to know how to win it at the death.

Yep. That was an opportunity they gave you through their poor execution.

Good teams take those chances to win games when the opposition presents them, just as Port did.

That's why Carlton are still in the bottom reaches of the ladder, and will be for the foreseeable future.

What was dumb was you over stating where Carlton sit in the league.

You have to now admit what you said about Hawthorn was well off the mark, last night's results shows that even an over the hill Hawthorn team are streets ahead of Carlton.

Perhaps you should keep this in mind next time you try and talk down about other teams.

I get so much schadenfreude when the wheels inevitably come off the Carlton bandwagon and supporters end up with (Hawk) egg all over their faces.
So we've decided to have a bit of a troll this morning have we? You got it all wrong, my comments were right at the time. You should be quoting me on what i said and say last week and next week instead of being a smartarse and quoting something i said in the past. Any one can be a hindsight poster but it takes an idiot who wakes up one morning and decides he wants to be a troll. Show me a post that i made this week that puts Hawthorn down.

So we've decided to have a bit of a troll this morning have we? You got it all wrong, my comments were right at the time. You should be quoting me on what i said and say last week and next week instead of being a smartarse and quoting something i said in the past. Any one can be a hindsight poster but it takes an idiot who wakes up one morning and decides he wants to be a troll. Show me a post that i made this week that puts Hawthorn down.

You'e somehow trying to say that your posts remarking on how poor other teams are not relevant when that same team overturn a 5 goal deficit and keeps your team to 2 goals in 3 quarters of football.

That doesn't really make sense.

I hope you learn to be a bit more humble in your assessments of other teams before you shoot off about how poor they are.

You appear to be in a never ending cycle of being seduced into believing Carlton actually good, only to be let down once again.

You'e somehow trying to say that your posts remarking on how poor other teams are not relevant when that same team overturn a 5 goal deficit and keeps your team to 2 goals in 3 quarters of football.

That doesn't really make sense.

I hope you learn to be a bit more humble in your assessments of other teams before you shoot off about how poor they are.

You appear to be in a never ending cycle of being seduced into believing Carlton actually good, only to be let down once again.
That's got to be the dumbest post i've ever read on Big Footy, come on everybody lets all be nice.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As are your mob.

Bunch of one-way runners.

Can't take a mark inside 50, can't be arsed defending.
Comes out of the woodwork after his team starts performing. Congratulations troll. Go talk about west coast. Your mob was absolute trash until they got home to WA. Worst west coast team since it’s inception.

That's got to be the dumbest post i've ever read on Big Footy, come on everybody lets all be nice.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
He’s a ****ing troll. West coast were irrelevant until last week. Blues have just spent 3 weeks in Queensland in a quarantine then were sent to WA and kept out of their hotel till Wednesday but you don’t see us making excuses like other coaches are doing in pressers. Let this dick have his moment but when the real stuff happens between our two clubs next week he could very well be eating his words.

Comes out of the woodwork after his team starts performing. Congratulations troll. Go talk about west coast. Your mob was absolute trash until they got home to WA. Worst west coast team since it’s inception.

You mean the team that won a Premiership in the season before last and has has the longest active streak for consecutive top 8 finishes (5 and soon to be 6)?

Carlton supporters could only dream of the success West Coast has achieved under Adam Simpson.

West Coast's worst team since inception >>>>>> Carlton's best team of the last 20 years.

Feelsbadman ;)

He’s a ******* troll. West coast were irrelevant until last week. Blues have just spent 3 weeks in Queensland in a quarantine then were sent to WA and kept out of their hotel till Wednesday but you don’t see us making excuses like other coaches are doing in pressers. Let this dick have his moment but when the real stuff happens between our two clubs next week he could very well be eating his words.

I'll bookmark this post for next weekends laughs and giggles 😘🥳😍

**** me. Move on.

Most Carlton supporters had us outside the 8 at the start of the season. We win a couple of games and we get excited I see us finishing 10th.

Initially I had us pencilled in for 12th-14th but after a couple of decent wins I was falsely seduced into thinking we could go a couple of rungs higher.

Last night was a reality check on how far we still have to go and finishing 12th-14th is a more realistic expectation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the team that won a Premiership in the season before last and has has the longest active streak for consecutive top 8 finishes (5 and soon to be 6)?

Carlton supporters could only dream of the success West Coast has achieved under Adam Simpson.

West Coast's worst team since inception >>>>>> Carlton's best team of the last 20 years.

Feelsbadman ;)
Once again. Stop bringing up the past. I’m pretty happy to remind you about ours. Nothing in history of your cardboard club compares to ours. I’m talking about this season. Worst west coast team since inception. Your club is in for a big fall with its list. We’re heading in very different directions.

carlton still has 12 first round draft picks running around in scratch matches or injured. Your best team (which is past its peak 2018) is only getting worse. Just go watch round 1-4 again for recent evidence.

The win over the Bulldogs was very good and but for a 1-min lapse in brain capacity, we should have rolled Port. We were in the mix for a bit but we were shown up last night as still having too many deficiencies.
Could have also very easily lost the Cats and Bombers game, the Blues aren't bad at all and they definitely have it in them to win against most teams when they are playing well. I don't think anyone should have thought they were a genuine contender this season though, even in a 'random season'.

Once again. Stop bringing up the past. I’m pretty happy to remind you about ours. Nothing in history of your cardboard club compares to ours. I’m talking about this season. Worst west coast team since inception. Your club is in for a big fall with its list. We’re heading in very different directions.

Once again. Deluded Carlton supporters led down the garden path by their rabble of a club.

Let's see how Patrick Cripps feels about our "cardboard club" when he realises his only chance of ever playing finals is to leave via free agency.

Once again. Deluded Carlton supporters led down the garden path by their rabble of a club.

Let's see how Patrick Cripps feels about our "cardboard club" when he realises his only chance of ever playing finals is to leave via free agency.
You couldn’t afford his left shoelace.

Most Carlton supporters had us outside the 8 at the start of the season. We win a couple of games and we get excited I see us finishing 10th.

I thought 4 to 6 wins. Really should be 6 to 8 wins.

8 would be 9th or 10th?

6 may be 14th.

Going to be a massively tight season. % means a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Carlton be a serious contender in this random season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back