Could Carlton be a serious contender in this random season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows how little you watch our team. Kennedy was by far the form player of the two in the back half of 2019.
Wait so Kennedy plays one half decent game at the age of 23 and now he’s not a bust? Looked better as a forward last year but don’t think that’s a long term option. If he’s one of your starting over the next few years you will struggle big time

Is the OP Sam Mclure by any chance? Or any of his Carlton media coorts masquerading as 'super serious' journalists?
ANY opportunity to pump up this cheating scum rabble of a club. FFS.
You'll fall flat on your clacker, again, and again, and again. And every time it just gets sweeter and sweeter.
Look forward to watching you FAIL, as you have for the last 20 years, and still get plaudits for being 'so full of talent' (but sh*t) or 'just around the corner' (and the corner after that)
And should this scumbag club, by some remote, remote chance stumble into finals, Steven Bradbury style, it counts for nothing as it's such a messed up season and is akin to winning the Wizard cup (your last great triumph! lol)
What you're cooking smells a lot like sh*t....
While I'm not as optimistic of immediate success as some other carlton supporters and agree there is scope to further refine our list, this comment is just pure trash. Adds nothing of value, is bitter and honestly reeks of jealousy.

Wait so Kennedy plays one half decent game at the age of 23 and now he’s not a bust? Looked better as a forward last year but don’t think that’s a long term option. If he’s one of your starting over the next few years you will struggle big time
I think Kennedy needed to dramatically improve his aerobic capacity and mobility. Last year he was serviceable as a forward but to play midfield he needed to move better. He does seem leaner this year with some better burst pace from stoppages. However I'd like to see a greater body of work before forming a judgement on his long term viability as a midfielder at afl level.

He would be playing over at Dad's army

At the very least, I'm pleased that my club is playing a decent standard of football that is enjoyable to watch. Watching teams like Hawthorn, Sydney and Collingwood is terrible at the moment. Especially Hawthorn. Dragging down the standard of the competition with tactics that destroy the fabric of the game.

Those threads where before opening them posters pray someone who supports their team isn't the OP?

That.
And alternately, when seeing the OP supports that team.

B06-C8-ACA-2488-4-DAA-BF96-25808-A03-A337.gif

He would be playing over at Dad's army
Haha your team wasn’t much younger than the one we put out on the weekend. You also only have one less 30 year old on your list. The only thing is our over 30’s aren’t the ones holding our team up unlike yours. And no he wouldn’t get a game at hawthorn, he’s slow as a wet week and has poor skills. He’s a good depth player and I hope for your sake that that’s all you ever have to use him for

Haha your team wasn’t much younger than the one we put out on the weekend. You also only have one less 30 year old on your list. The only thing is our over 30’s aren’t the ones holding our team up unlike yours. And no he wouldn’t get a game at hawthorn, he’s slow as a wet week and has poor skills. He’s a good depth player and I hope for your sake that that’s all you ever have to use him for
The only player over 30 that's critical to carlton is betts.

Is the OP Sam Mclure by any chance? Or any of his Carlton media coorts masquerading as 'super serious' journalists?
ANY opportunity to pump up this cheating scum rabble of a club. FFS.
You'll fall flat on your clacker, again, and again, and again. And every time it just gets sweeter and sweeter.
Look forward to watching you FAIL, as you have for the last 20 years, and still get plaudits for being 'so full of talent' (but sh*t) or 'just around the corner' (and the corner after that)
And should this scumbag club, by some remote, remote chance stumble into finals, Steven Bradbury style, it counts for nothing as it's such a messed up season and is akin to winning the Wizard cup (your last great triumph! lol)
What you're cooking smells a lot like sh*t....
Carlton living rent free inside your head, and why not there's plenty of room in there.

Big difference in the way the two teams played on the weekend. Hawthorn were dreadful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only player over 30 that's critical to carlton is betts.
I’d almost say curnow could be included there, and casboult has been your best forward this year, but he’ll be overtaken by c curnow over the next few years. You really need to find some midfield help to cover curnow and Murphy winding up, setterfield looks promising but you need a couple more.

Big difference in the way the two teams played on the weekend. Hawthorn were dreadful.
No doubt we were horrendous and we know that, I loved watching you guys last night, and hoping that it’s abit of an awakening for the rest of the coaches that it’s still possible to play attacking footy. We literally have no dare or ability to take the game on with impey and scrimshaw out of the team. Burgoyne and Breust are our creativity forward of Centre and they were sorely missed.

first time in top 8 for 7 years.
now a contender for the flag? please.
jesus wouldnt be like carlton fan to overrate and over hype their list would it? lmao
2020 has been weird, but not that weird...

I’d almost say curnow could be included there, and casboult has been your best forward this year, but he’ll be overtaken by c curnow over the next few years. You really need to find some midfield help to cover curnow and Murphy winding up, setterfield looks promising but you need a couple more.

Curnow has the type of body and mindset that’ll allow him to play until he’s 34/35, especially with his brother at the club. Murphy will be tough to replace but isn’t the player he once was, hopefully can transition into a flanker and do something similar to what Ablett is doing at Geelong (obviously not to the same quality).

If Carlton can’t find midfield replacements/support out of Fisher, Stocker, Kemp, Dow, Philp and Ramsey + the kids already in the side, something is incredibly wrong. There’s plenty there.

I agree on the Curnow comment but he's only just turned 30. Still got a few years left. 30 isn't the brick wall to end sports careers that it used to be.

Murphy is classy but he's almost exclusively an outside mid now. I genuinely don't think we'd lose much if Zac Fisher replaced him tomorrow. Happy for murphy to be winning some games though, he's stuck around through some real bleak times.

I agree Carlton's rebuild is overrated as they aren't putting young sides on the park. The only sides to put out older 22 this week were Geelong, Hawthorn and Port Adelaide.

They have to find replacements for Betts, Murphy, Jones, Simpson, Curnow and Casboult over the next 2 years whilst also upgrading on your Newnes/Gibbons style battlers if they're gonna challenge for the top part of the 8.
Ludicrous comment, we're only old because of Betts and Simpson. You've pointed it out there, really only 6 players who are ANY chance of retiring soon and of those 6:

Eddie is very important, yes, hend why we're targeting small forwards - Paple and Charlie Cameron (if you believe the rumours which I don't)
Jones and Casboult are both lynch-pins of our side but neither will be retiring within three years. Likewise, Curnow is a hard-running tagger, can't see him retiring early, could go for plenty more seasons. Therefore, out of those 6 its really only Murphy and Simpson.

Simpson's replacement was alreayd playing out there - Tom Williamson who will own the back flank with Nic Newman once Simpson retires and as for Murphy, we need to find a genuine midfield star out of Fisher, Philp, Kemp. Dow, Stocker, Ramsey etc. Alternatively we're also looking at your Brad Crouch types.

I'm very very comfortable where the Carlton rebuild is at.

Ludicrous comment, we're only old because of Betts and Simpson. You've pointed it out there, really only 6 players who are ANY chance of retiring soon and of those 6:

Eddie is very important, yes, hend why we're targeting small forwards - Paple and Charlie Cameron (if you believe the rumours which I don't)
Jones and Casboult are both lynch-pins of our side but neither will be retiring within three years. Likewise, Curnow is a hard-running tagger, can't see him retiring early, could go for plenty more seasons. Therefore, out of those 6 its really only Murphy and Simpson.

Simpson's replacement was alreayd playing out there - Tom Williamson who will own the back flank with Nic Newman once Simpson retires and as for Murphy, we need to find a genuine midfield star out of Fisher, Philp, Kemp. Dow, Stocker, Ramsey etc. Alternatively we're also looking at your Brad Crouch types.

I'm very very comfortable where the Carlton rebuild is at.

Ludicrous comment?? Because you think they’ll go on 1 year longer than I do?

Carlton had 5 blokes who over 30 against the Bulldogs only Geelong and Hawthorn had more.

Competitive and (at times dominant) in almost every game.
Docherty, Weitering and Jones gelling great defense.
Struggle traditionally @ Marvel- not a problem this year.
Less Reliant on Cripps this season.
Kreuzer (hopefully) to return-would be a huge addition.
Potent forward line with three talls all hitting form and Betts on fire.
Such a crazy season anythings possible.
Looked so good tonight, only Brisbane and PA have looked so good in games.
Many more things could be said...

Thoughts?
Probably not. Still a mid-range team that won't consistently beat the top teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Carlton be a serious contender in this random season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back