Cousins suspended indefinitely - according to SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kicking Cousins is a low act!

i suspect that in two weeks the eagles haters will be far more dissapointed with the outcome of this story than the eagles supporters.

even more disappointed by the end of september i hope....

I agree with you, but just on the down low. Its not our job to pretend he is our son. I mean we could take that angle with anything. What if Osama Bin Laden was your son? Bit rough yes, but we as supporters can't just wave our finger at Cousins, we have a right to critise. Its part of the circus that is football.

I know what your saying and yes I guess I have been dragged away from my original intent.

Basically being, we dont know what has happened, is happening, is going to happen, or for that matter what else is happening that no one has a sniff of an idea about. We only know what the papers/journalists say and they are not factual. They sell papers.

His worst humiliation is only someone else's momentary entertainment

OK, on Sports Tonight on Ch10, the "tempter" for what's coming up was "Woosha admits Cousins may not play for eagles again" (or words to that effect). That's what's been reported since 6pm here in Sydney.

The Australian said the same thing this arvo, as did the Sydney Morning Herald, the West Australian, the Herald Sun and the Daily Terror. I think I predicted that comment late last night or early today, and was blown down.

Surely, they're all not owned by the one person who is just out to make money? Or do you think they are reporting FACTS that came straight out of woosha's mouth?

EDIT: Don't swans have red eyes?? Anyone???

What so you think those media organisations are out to lose money?
THEY SELL ADVERTISING SPACE.

Fact is of secondfary importance to each and every one of them.

Show me the facts.

What so you think those media organisations are out to lose money?
THEY SELL ADVERTISING SPACE.

Fact is of secondfary importance to each and every one of them.

Show me the facts.

Well, there's this ... from the West Australian ... ('cause they love the eagles so much, it's gotta be right, eh?)

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=145&ContentID=24019

Quoted from the article ....

There is also growing disquiet among sponsors with at least one seeking recent talks over the off-field behaviour of high-profile players.

... that's gotta be bad!!

Here's another one ....

Suspension without pay could cost Cousins, who is in the first year of a three-year contract worth about $600,000 a year, about $12,000 a week.

$12K a week. You'd think he'd buy a house or something.

any publicity is good publicity and the eagles brand has skyrocketed.

our sponsors thank you for you interest :D

HeaderImage.jpg

I thought they paid him to play football??:confused:

Every kid dreams of being in the position that Ben Cousins was in before his fall from grace. Fabulous decorated footballer. Lotsa money, lotsa fame, lotsa free drinks, lotsa women, etc., etc.

When you sign a contract for professional football, along with the good (as mentioned above), there is also the "bad". The media, the football papparazzi, the fact that you have to be a "role model" (even though it's not specified in your contact), the opposition and their fanatics, etc.

Like it or not, for professional sportspeople, there's always going to be some kid out there who is going to look up to you ... that's what it's really all about. I'm sure a lot of you boys out there dreamt of making it big for your team, and how you'd always have time to sign an autograph for a kid. We're a sports-loving nation who idolise our sportmen (I love ya Goodsey!!), but we also morally draw a line when it warranted.

i suspect that in two weeks the eagles haters will be far more dissapointed with the outcome of this story than the eagles supporters.

even more disappointed by the end of september i hope....

Then its confirmed - the eagles are road kill

any publicity is good publicity and the eagles brand has skyrocketed.

our sponsors thank you for you interest :D

HeaderImage.jpg

Hungry Jacks is a franchise of the multinational Buger King.
Their corporate code states -

As a global organization, we are committed to being a good corporate citizen wherever we operate. We have our Go Forward Plan to guide our business planning and identify our objectives, and we add to that this Code of Business Ethics and Conduct to guide the way in which we will achieve those goals. Simply put, we will achieve our business goals by Doing What’s Right.

Doing What’s Right means that everything we do must be done with the highest standards of ethics, honesty and integrity. This Code provides guidelines on the laws, rules, regulations and Company policies that govern our business and how we conduct it each day. When it comes to ethics, there is no compromise.

I, and each member of the Executive Team, are committed to high ethical standards, and we pledge our full commitment to the principles set out in this Code. Thank you for your personal commitment to ensuring that those principles continue to be part of your business conduct as well

Cuzz, Fletch, the angry ant, chicken man etc, etc - not happy jack

As a global organization, we are committed to being a good corporate citizen wherever we operate. We have our Go Forward Plan to guide our business planning and identify our objectives, and we add to that this Code of Business Ethics and Conduct to guide the way in which we will achieve those goals. Simply put, we will achieve our business goals by Doing What’s Right.

Doing What’s Right means that everything we do must be done with the highest standards of ethics, honesty and integrity. This Code provides guidelines on the laws, rules, regulations and Company policies that govern our business and how we conduct it each day. When it comes to ethics, there is no compromise.

I, and each member of the Executive Team, are committed to high ethical standards, and we pledge our full commitment to the principles set out in this Code. Thank you for your personal commitment to ensuring that those principles continue to be part of your business conduct as well.

G O L D:D

can I just go through all the rumours and cr@p we've got in this thread so far:

here's what we know for sure:
- Ben was suspended by the club for missing training
- Ben took a drug test
- we won't know the results for weeks
- Ben broke up with his gf

here's what's been made up or guessed so far:
- Ben missed the training to avoid being tested
- the club knew about the tests beforehand
- the club didn't know about the tests beforehand
- it's already well known it was a positive test
- ben had a domestic with his gf
- ben is staying with chick
- ben is staying with his parents
- embley and chick had a fight about cousins, or his gf, or both (sounds like this one is a definite but the number of different reasons given for it make me laugh)
- Judd gave an ultimatum to suspend him or he'd sit out the whole season
- cousins will be back for rd 1
- cousins will be back for rd 3
- cousins will be back for finals
- cousins won't be back
- cousins was actually sacked
- cousins wouldn't go into rehab and that's why chick and cousins were fighting
- cousins is addicted to Ice
- cousins is addicted to coke
- cousins will be banned for 2 years
- cousins will be banned for 6-12 months
- it's his 1st strike
- it's his second strike
- it's his 3rd strike
- he was high the night before the grand final (this one is almost the most ridiculous)
- apparently he is now a drug cheat (even if none of the drugs enhance performance)
- "We're flying high" - GET IT!! HAW HAW
- isn't it ironic the coach is a pharmacist - GET IT!! HAW HAW
- last but not least, everyone has the inside scoop, and we haven't heard the last of it! But we can't say anything until after it comes out, then we'll strut around saying we already knew about that days ago.

as for my views on the subject, it's all been said. Is there a drug problem at west coast? there is definitely an off field discipline problem, which needs to be fixed, as it is now affecting the club's image and will inevitably affect team performance. If it involves drugs as well then I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't have the facts. I'm glad the club is doing something about it, even if it costs us in the short term.
As for cousins himself, I hope he comes back and proves us all wrong as he's a wonderfully gifted player and I love watching him play. If not then I hope he at least overcomes his demons, whatever they are.

I didn't mention it yesterday because I was worried it would be inappropriate, but I can now confirm that I have absolutely no inside scoop whatsoever. All that I've heard on the matter has come from shameless bigfooty posters and the (shameless) mass media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I, and each member of the Executive Team, are committed to high ethical standards, and we pledge our full commitment to the principles set out in this Code. Thank you for your personal commitment to ensuring that those principles continue to be part of your business conduct as well.

1. Hungry Jacks is not owned by Burger King. Hungry Jacks is an Australian Master Franchise of BK. Meaning it has a sublicence and is run separately. Hence why there were BK outlets in the international airports and the like.

2. Anyway, WTF does the ethical standards of BK have to do with Ben Cousins? Why are you Sydney people so desperate to use this Ben Cousins thing as a way to bring up all this crap on WC? Oh, yeah, thats it...

3. If you want to talk about ethical standards or lack thereof in relation to sponsors, why don't you Google "Citibank" and either "lawsuit" or "fined".

Eagles knew for five years
22 March 2007 Herald-Sun
Mike Sheahan

JOHN Worsfold was in his first weeks as West Coast coach when warned of a drug culture in the club.

cuzzywoosha
Where Eagles dare: West Coast coach John Worsfold hopes premiership star Ben Cousins will be back within a month.
Shortly after his appointment late in 2001, then prominent player manager Ron Joseph met the rookie coach specifically to tell him he was disturbed by rumours of drug use among the Eagles.

A source said yesterday: "He told 'Woosha' (Worsfold) all he was hearing in Perth was that drugs were rife at the Eagles.

"He didn't really know him, just wanted to help him."

Asked for his version of the story last night, Joseph, now a Kangaroos director, said: "Oh, s..t no. Nuh, I'm not going to comment on that."

What is known is that the veteran administrator, then a resident in Perth, telephoned West Coast and left a message for the new coach only days after his appointment.

"Would he like to have a cup of coffee some time?" Joseph asked in his message.

He had met Worsfold a couple of times in his role as an adviser to Fremantle in its search for a coach, and was highly impressed.

Worsfold went right to the line before withdrawing from the Freo exercise, and was promptly appointed by his old club to replace Ken Judge.

Chris Connolly was appointed Fremantle coach at the same time.

Joseph, a noted players' man, wanted to share with Worsfold the intelligence he had gathered at Freo and in Perth in his time there on the invitation of Dockers chief executive Cameron Schwab.

He told Worsfold he was alarmed by the amount of what he regarded as informed intelligence suggesting the problem was "rife".

What "rife" means in terms of a number of players is vague, but it does suggest a disturbing number.

More than five years on, Worsfold's comment -- "I'm very, very confident that we are bordering on being a club that is totally clean from drug use" -- is scoffed at in Perth and among the clubs.

Right or wrong, it is commonly accepted West Coast has a drug problem.

Of all the colourful stories emanating from Perth in the past two days, the pick of them _ and it comes with ``guaranteed'' authenticity _ is based on West Coast players, girls, films, illicit substances and a stoush on Sunday.

Its accuracy is like that of dozens of items filtering out from the west: guesswork, but it's out there.

Worsfold yesterday disputed the observation his club was in disarray, as you would expect of a coach, yet the evidence is mounting.

Chad Fletcher's near-death experience in Las Vegas late last year remains unclarified, Ben Cousins is suspended indefinitely, and his housemate Daniel Chick and teammate Andrew Embley have had a punch-up.

Chick, like Cousins, failed to turn up to Monday morning's training session.

Hardly an ideal lead-in to West Coast's start to its premiership defence in Sydney on March 31.

One time the Eagles might be happier playing away than at Subiaco.

0,1658,5424742,00.jpg

COUSINS IN DRUG REHAB

This recent pic from the HUN website.

Sure he's playing footy but he doesn't look healthy..

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21425041%5E20322,00.html

Good to see he seems to be getting the help he needs. Shame it came to this, he seemed to have the whole drug thing under control for a while. I know plenty of people that get ****ed up every weekend and still go to work at respectable jobs 5 days a week, I guess getting ****ed up just started to take too much of his time!

I don't reckon he looks that bad anyway. He looks fine there and I spoke to him at the Lucky Shag about 2 weeks ago (on a Friday admittedly) and he looked much healthier than some people would lead you to believe.

1. Hungry Jacks is not owned by Burger King. Hungry Jacks is an Australian Master Franchise of BK. Meaning it has a sublicence and is run separately. Hence why there were BK outlets in the international airports and the like.

2. Anyway, WTF does the ethical standards of BK have to do with Ben Cousins? Why are you Sydney people so desperate to use this Ben Cousins thing as a way to bring up all this crap on WC? Oh, yeah, thats it...

3. If you want to talk about ethical standards or lack thereof in relation to sponsors, why don't you Google "Citibank" and either "lawsuit" or "fined".

1. Please read the first line of my humble missive - slowly (you can use your finger under the words and speak the words out loud if it helps)

2. Corporate sponsors expect the recipients of their considerable capital flows to enhance the commercial viability of their brands. At the moment Cuzz would be as popular at BK/HJ as a fart in a lift.

3. You have got it arse about. The Bloods are ethical but their sponsors aren't. The Eagles aren't ethical and their sponsors are trying to be.

Thanks for the trifector non-sequitor

1. Please read the first line of my humble missive - slowly (you can use your finger under the words and speak the words out loud if it helps)

2. Corporate sponsors expect the recipients of their considerable capital flows to enhance the commercial viability of their brands. At the moment Cuzz would be as popular at BK/HJ as a fart in a lift.

3. You have got it arse about. The Bloods are ethical but their sponsors aren't. The Eagles aren't ethical and their sponsors are trying to be.

Thanks for the trifector non-sequitor

You're a good-un mate!!;)

I didn't mention it yesterday because I was worried it would be inappropriate, but I can now confirm that I have absolutely no inside scoop whatsoever. All that I've heard on the matter has come from shameless bigfooty posters and the (shameless) mass media.
yeah right! thats the biggest pile of crap iv ever seen.

plainly you DO have the inside scoop and you are just sitting on it.

give us your baseless and invented rumour and and start bignoting yourself this instant. this is bigfooty, goddamn it

yeah right! thats the biggest pile of crap iv ever seen.

plainly you DO have the inside scoop and you are just sitting on it.

give us your baseless and invented rumour and and start bignoting yourself this instant. this is bigfooty, goddamn it
If you want to bury your head in the sand don't read the thread. Pretty simple really.

Over the past 24 hrs apparantly Cousins has been to a counselling session, a meeting with the club, locked in his house with his family and a drug rehab clinic. Lets be honest. The media have no idea where Cousins is. If they did his picture would be on the news tonight and all over todays paper but they arnt. Theres a reason there using old footage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back