Cousins suspended indefinitely - according to SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS, the whole "budgies" thing is getting old... In at least 75 per cent of your posts... some new material wouldn't go astray. As a troll, you're pathetic and boring. And that's from a neutral!

Please tell me exactly how long you have to be on Big Footy to not be considered a troller?

Is there a time frame for this, or do we just wing it?

Welcoming little bunch aren't you?

svEAGLES_wideweb__470x323.jpg

Actually, if we could just cut Coxy out of that picture and replace him with Dalton Gooding, the key players in this weeks discussions would all be nicely in the one shot! :thumbsu:

Spot on, nicely observed.

It's like a Rennaissance painting. Dig the symbolism:

Judd, their official leader, standing there looking proud, but also nonplussed, with one hand on his hip, slightly aghast at his over-exuberant teammates, not entirely comfortable or sure of his place.

Cousins, the spiritual leader, carrying on like a pork chop, one hand on the cup, the other hand pointing downwards to the devil, as a portent of his demise.

Benny's "guardians" Embley and Chick both wrestle each other. Embley looks like he wants to be closer to Benny, while Chick fends him away.

Meanwhile Woosha lurks in the background, looking pleased with his achievement, but also with his eyes off the ball, distracted. He tries to command an aura of authority up on the podium, but soon he'll be pushed further into the background by his stampeding Eagle charges.

I suppose Dalton Gooding is the big swinging dick of the West Coast Eagles and so he is represented by big Cox.
Or maybe this symbolises how the players are running the club and big Cox represents the team, the true, big, swinging dicks of Perth.

Kicking Cousins is a low act!

I dont care whether he has bought it on himself or not. But to kick a guy when he is laying on the ground is a low dog act!

99.9% of you would not know him from diddly squat and would have absolutely no idea what has happened, is happening, is going to happen.

But hang on your all in the know somehow. Why because media trying to sell advertising are making it out that they know! Spare me.

Yet your all lineing up to sink the slipper!

Whether its true or not is not the point.

Its pathetic and like I said a dog act to kick a man when he is down!

Like tell me, what did he do to you that you feel so upset that you need to kick him in the guts?

Dont tell me he has ruined the game! Spare me the dribble. Bought disrespect to your game? Yeah right, you wont care as soon as you win your first game of the season.

Dog act like I said.

SHANE Warne has expressed sympathy for shamed West Coast player Ben Cousins, whom the Eagles have suspended indefinitely so he can conquer personal problems.
Warne, who endured numerous controversies during his time as a star cricket player - including accepting money from a bookmaker, being suspended after a positive drug test, and a string of infidelities - saind on Channel Seven today: "My heart goes out to Ben and if I can help in any I'm happy to help him.
"What's the most important thing?
"It's Ben Cousins, that he's OK.
"Rather than condemn him and do all those type of things, the thing with him is to make sure he's OK.
"Health's the No.1 issue."
Warne, who retired from international cricket in January, said that people should support Cousins instead of criticising him for his extravagant lifestyle.
"People should go and support him and not try and condemn him," Warne said.
"Who knows what the actual truth is?

Well said Warney!

Thats EXACTLY right.

Re: Kicking Cousins is a low act!

snip, snip, snip

Dog act like I said.

After which indescretion should I have stopped and felt sorry for him? After how many "chances" he was given by his club and team-mates. His last warning was SEVEN MONTHS ago ... surely enough time for him to get his act together and move forward, but obviously not enough.

Keep making excuses for him. That's why he has found himself in the position he is in today. Too many people making excuses for what is essentially, bad behaviour. You may not think it brings the game into disrepute, but I do.

After which indescretion should I have stopped and felt sorry for him? After how many "chances" he was given by his club and team-mates. His last warning was SEVEN MONTHS ago ... surely enough time for him to get his act together and move forward, but obviously not enough.

Keep making excuses for him. That's why he has found himself in the position he is in today. Too many people making excuses for what is essentially, bad behaviour. You may not think it brings the game into disrepute, but I do.

Careful, having your own opinion could be seen as trolling.

FFS, the whole "budgies" thing is getting old... In at least 75 per cent of your posts... some new material wouldn't go astray. As a troll, you're pathetic and boring. And that's from a neutral!

I've been calling them the budgies for as long as they've been in the comp. It's habit now.
Although, these days, I'm warming to "West Coast Criminals". Has a better ring, don't you think?
Seriously, have you ever seen a blue and yellow eagle??

I've been calling them the budgies for as long as they've been in the comp. It's habit now.
Although, these days, I'm warming to "West Coast Criminals". Has a better ring, don't you think?

Some of my players might of! :eek:

Why should people be especially supportive of Cousins.

He had it all, premiership, huge pay and likely to grow, set up for life and in a position we'd all envy, hot women on tap (men if he's that way inclined, no doubt). Most of us here won't earn in 10 years what he gets in a year and his contract was probably backended next year so we'd be lucky to get next years income in 20 years.

and HE stuffs it up. I pity him for being stupid enough to attempt to fling it all away because he thought he was the sh*t. But the problems seem to be of his own making so for that he gets not much sympathy from me.

Ramanauskas gets my sympathy, Cousins has sown the seeds of his own demise, so not so much.

So he deserves your kick in the guts? Is that it? Do you know him, can you enlighten me as to why you think he deserves you to kick him in the head?

You just dont get it.

Can you point to where I made excuses for him?

You obviously know exactly what happened, is still happening, is going to happen. And because you know all this detail you sink the slipper? Is that it?

I never said I felt sorry for him!

I just said its time to leave him alone.

You know the Linch mob went out of favour a long time ago but I guess you wish it didnt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he deserves your kick in the guts? Is that it? Do you know him, can you enlighten me as to why you think he deserves you to kick him in the head?

You just dont get it.

You obviously know exactly what happened, is still happening, is going to happen. And because you know all this detail you sink the slipper? Is that it?

You know the Linch mob went out of favour a long time ago but I guess you wish it didnt!

You know, if someone (anyone from his management or the club) had enough balls and kicked him in the head SEVEN MONTHS ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

I don't know what happened. I'm going by what Woosha and Gooding said to the media ... just like everyone else, AND I'm adding Cousins "colourful" history, and voicing my opinion. Just like everyone else.

I bagged Davis something bad when he got dropped from our team last year for not toeing the line. There are rules in this game, and in order for it to work properly for everyone else, everyone has to follow them. No player is above a bagging.

Have I hit a nerve? Oops. Sorry.

You just dont get it.

No, I think you dont.

We can have whatever opinions we like about him. We dont have to 'protect' him, or 'shield' him. Hes not our child.

Cousins deserves to be suspended from the club until they see fit to bring him back = Everyone agrees with this.

Cousins has made foolish decisions, he has let down the club, the supporters and the AFL, this makes him a fool = Everyone agrees.

This is not a troll. I hope he gets 'better' quickly, but i'm not sure what he needs to recover from. Is he addicted to drugs? Unlikly, not is the sense heroin addicts need hits all the time. He could be addicted in the hollywood way, that is, got pissed a few times and did some dodgy things and that means they need to be sent to Betty Fords clinic because they are alcos. So why does he need to get better? Is it depression? I don't know, know of us do. I think he's dug his own hole though.

I'm so looking foward to Round 1 ... it's been a long six months, hasn't it??

Longer for us here on the West Coast. :D

Nah Im sure you have waited just as long. :thumbsu:

Smoother maybe.... no definately.

I don't know what happened. I'm going by what Woosha and Gooding said to the media ... just like everyone else, AND I'm adding Cousins "colourful" history, and voicing my opinion. Just like everyone else.

Enlighten me.

What did they say?

What that he had private issues he needs to deal with? So tell me what are you assuming and what do you know is true or fact?

So thats right kick him, quick before you miss the chance.

And of course everyone else knows exactly what happened dont they?

You just dont get it.

Are you sure you support Port Adelaide????:D

Wow, calm down. I bet your the type of guy in the 1500s that accused every woman of being a witch because they didn't fall for your chessy pick up lines.

Have you met Swantastic?:D

Seriously, he's right. If it was BBBH in the limelight, everyone would be kicking him in the guts. It's footy nature.

In five years time, we'll all sit back and say, "cousins ... oh yeah, he was the guy whose world was an oyster, yet he still managed to order the catfish."
:D

Hopefully, all the other players (from all the other teams as well) are sitting up and taking notice, you know, learn by others' mistakes. I can only hope that the other clubs take the same stance as the budgies and fall down hard on their charges.
You may well have a good point here about learning from others mistakes. Our incidence of gang rape is way down thanks to the example set by MO'L.:thumbsu:
I find it hard to believe that you have been following AFL for 20 years for some reason. :confused:

Our colours are representative of the blue sky and golden sands of the West Coast, not the colour of eagles. I bet you have lots of red and white swans over Sydney way though dont you?

Have you met Swantastic?:D

Seriously, he's right. If it was BBBH in the limelight, everyone would be kicking him in the guts. It's footy nature.

In five years time, we'll all sit back and say, "cousins ... oh yeah, he was the guy whose world was an oyster, yet he still managed to order the catfish."
:D

No doubt people will remember cousins for more then his football. Bit like Carey.

'Great player Carey, possibly the best CHF that ever lived'......'Eh, pity he was such a knob and picked up his best mates misses'....'yea, what a ****'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back