Creating a North Man Cave

Remove this Banner Ad

I am moving into a new house shortly and I have won approval to use the double garage as a games room put a pool table in and put some stuff up on the walls. Got a couple of questions wonder if anyone has any experience..

If I put up for example Framed Weg Premiership posters, a couple of panoramic prints I have of the 96 and 99 Grand finals. Will they be damaged in some way, maybe by damp... I presume the garage is fairly dry, modern house garage attached to it. I wont ever put the car in there.

I have an old circa 93 football jumper signed by all the stars of the day who went onto become premiership players. Unfortunately it was also the jumper I wore for kick about and to game etc when I was a young teen. I would like to frame it and put it up on the wall but, its in really dirty, if I chuck it in the wash (haven't washed since signed) will the texter come out along with the dirt?

I also have an old footy, also from about 1994 also signed by all the star players. Unfortunately it was kept for years deflated and the leather has now gone rock hard, is there a way I can soften this up so it can be pumped up again?

Bit of baby oil on the footy would help but I dunno how it would effect the signatures. Maybe test a tiny bit on the end of a sig, just a tiny bit with a cotton bud. If it's ok then oil that baby up.

Doing up my garage at the moment too. Walls done and ceiling half way. Pumped! Good luck with it!

Assuming you live in Melbourne you will certainly get damp air in the garage during winter. Hang the good stuff in the lounge room, and buy a big arse NMFC flag and pin it over the wall in the garage. Win win.

My brother, a bombers fan, has a fridge painted to look like a dons guernsey. You should do that (with North colours, obviously).
Why paint a fridge in North colours when you can have a real one?

96GF_3.jpg

And no North man cave is complete without one of those life size cardboard Wayne Carey cut-outs from the mid '90s. Anyone got one? :D

I suspect of ypu put the prints in sealed case wi5h a small bag of fuji/silica gell on it they will be fine. Even a few grains of rice would prolly do the trick.
With regard to newsprint I suspect uv light would effect them more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am moving into a new house shortly and I have won approval to use the double garage as a games room put a pool table in and put some stuff up on the walls. Got a couple of questions wonder if anyone has any experience..

If I put up for example Framed Weg Premiership posters, a couple of panoramic prints I have of the 96 and 99 Grand finals. Will they be damaged in some way, maybe by damp... I presume the garage is fairly dry, modern house garage attached to it. I wont ever put the car in there.

I have an old circa 93 football jumper signed by all the stars of the day who went onto become premiership players. Unfortunately it was also the jumper I wore for kick about and to game etc when I was a young teen. I would like to frame it and put it up on the wall but, its in really dirty, if I chuck it in the wash (haven't washed since signed) will the texter come out along with the dirt?

I also have an old footy, also from about 1994 also signed by all the star players. Unfortunately it was kept for years deflated and the leather has now gone rock hard, is there a way I can soften this up so it can be pumped up again?

Me too...settlement tomorrow...the 1996 GF hard board poster goes back up!

Did you win approval from Mrs Wolf?

I too recently got a house for the first time. In the many times I've moved from rental properties I've lost most of my gear (Roosistance poster - would love one of those back, poster from Archer's 300th when Drew kicked a bag in the first quarter against the dogs at the G etc.)... But this thread has got me thinking I may need to accumulate some gear again.

Here's what I've got floating around in my bedroom, for some ideas

Sorry for massive pics

2d11rp2.jpg

Some good stuff there, but is that your actual bedroom? What do chicks think when you bring them home?
Yes this is my actual bedroom, one thought it was cool a few weeks ago so, I guess it's ok?

Remove this Banner Ad

Creating a North Man Cave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back