MRP / Trib. Crowley guilty of Pinching

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on Crowley and the club for forcing the issue. If the system is going to be that reports can be made based on a player whinging plus a "probability" then it's better that we know it now. Or there's always the possibility that the MRP will see sense.

The Wizard got done (12 games) for eye gouging on the word of Norf, MJ got 4 weeks for Hansen attacking his bottom, both in the same preseason game, ruined the 2007 season .

That is the historical incident I was trying to remember. From memory the Norf medical staff went to town saying that their player could have been blinded, but thanks to a miracle cure he was right to play the next week. Overall I prefer that we didn't go tit for tat over an incident 6 years ago. I would have, but that's why I don't get to run an AFL football club.

Farmer only got six weeks for the eye gouge, another six was added on top of that because he decided to be an idiot during his suspension.

Ballantyne got fined 900 for pulling O'Brien's hair.

Surely Boomer should get the same for Mzungu

That's correct, "only six weeks" :eek: I forgot about that , but the point still stands. Pratt got more players than the Wiz rubbed out though.

It was four weeks with early plea but then the club took it to the tribunal and he copped the full six.

Christ the club was stupid back then.

PINCHING?! Seriously?! :rolleyes: Wow. I complained about that once -- at age 7, to a school bus driver, about a cheeky seatmate.

Glad to see Ryno (my nickname for Crowls) fight the charges.

Video shows Harvey knocking Ryno down at least twice, including that open hand chop to his throat, tearing his jersey and also pummeling Tendai Mzungu.

The video I saw of Drew Petrie raking Zac Clarke's eyes in their skirmish brought back memories of '80s World Wrestling Federation star, Rowdy Roddy Piper attacking Hulk Hogan!

Saw the verdict on the freo website where they discussed the mrp decision. Harvey's chop is assessed as chest height 'sliding' up the throat. High contact and free kick given is sufficient! Come'on, if the chop is on nic nat that would be another 6 weeks for him.

Really upset with Petrie's decision. The eye gorge is judged simply as 'high contact'! "Umpire should have given a free kick and its unfortunate he did not see it in that instance"...
Speechless....

Saw the verdict on the freo website where they discussed the mrp decision. Harvey's chop is assessed as chest height 'sliding' up the throat. High contact and free kick given is sufficient! Come'on, if the chop is on nic nat that would be another 6 weeks for him.

Really upset with Petrie's decision. The eye gorge is judged simply as 'high contact'! "Umpire should have given a free kick and its unfortunate he did not see it in that instance"...
Speechless....

Chris Judd would have loved this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How? Club trust word of player and backs them up. Exactly the same in my view.

The club took both the Johnson and Farmer suspensions to the tribunal and lost them. Farmer got an extra two weeks and Johnson an extra week. It wasn't about trusting the players it was about getting them off.

They were right to try for the Johnson one, ridiculous suspension, but Farmer should have taken the four weeks.

Crowley has credibility. He plays hard and generally fair. The odd free kick goes against him, but his reputation from most fair minded people in the game is that he does what he does as a tagger, but generally within accepted guidelines. Very disciplined in the way he approaches his career.

Farmer was just an unhinged individual that happened to be a great footy player.

It was four weeks with early plea but then the club took it to the tribunal and he copped the full six.

Christ the club was stupid back then.

The Johnson one was the first player to be charged under the new interpretation of the rule, nobody knew how the tribunal would read it.

Typical cheap shot Harvey. Everybody knows its easy to get under his skin. I throughly enjoyed watching your boys do that at the ground on Sunday! Well done.

The Johnson one was the first player to be charged under the new interpretation of the rule, nobody knew how the tribunal would read it.

Yeah, later I clarified that I thought challenging the Johnson suspension was fine.

Farmer, not so much.

Pretty sure Pratt used to keep a diary of grievances. Never a more aptly named arseh*le. Was so funny when Majak Daw stole his girlfriend.

Once Harvey and Firrito retire North will jump up a couple of rungs.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Crowley guilty of Pinching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back