Crows a chance next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

More confident against the Saints than Geelong. Its a match up thing as I also think St Kilda are better than Geelong and more of a chance to win the flag.

Hope that makes sense:confused:

I think you feel confident because these teams have a history of performing against one another on the road. We seem to play our best away football against the Crows and you always seem to play well against us at the dome.

Saints always rate the Crows as an opposition even when we're at home.

Clearly the form team of the AFL after beating Fremantle, Richmond, Sydney & the Kangaroos.

A win is a win is a win! You can only beat the teams you play cant you? :rolleyes:

The question was "Are the Crows a chance of beating St Kilda next week?" Short answer, possibly. Four weeks ago I would have said, not a chance. St Kilda are stronger, older and more experienced. But I think we know what it is we have to do. Whether we learnt anything out of our original encounter with the saints and are able to convert that into scoreboard pressure, remains to be seen. Can we win? Sure! Will we? No idea!:D

Big time. I actually put the crows game down as our first loss of the season a few weeks ago (actually it was our second because I also had us losing the Geelong match)

In factm, I'm still tipping this as a loss. Espeically if we win tomorrow. Just got that feeling.

Regardless, it should be an incredible game!

Clearly the form team of the AFL after beating Fremantle, Richmond, Sydney & the Kangaroos.

Not our fault who we play in this run. I'll refrain from having a shot at the Pies here and leave it for Bay 13

We knew at the start of the season that this was going to be the good run for us. We have a tough road home and had a toughish start to the season

For us to have 7 on the trot is fantastic and has set us up quite nicely and we have given ourselves every chance of playing finals now.

Will be a very clear indicator of where we are next week

I think it'll be won or lost in matchups. A few interesting ones - who goes on Milne and Riewoldt - Milne in particular, small crumbing forward who can be a pain in the arse and kick quite a few goals. Not sure we have a great matchup for him. Truck doesn't have the speed to go with Riewoldt, Bocky would have to take him. Obviously plenty of other matchups that will be crucial too.
We have a good show against them, wouldn't be at all surprised if we do take them.

Had to laugh at this:

Another Collingwood supporter who just can't handle it that another side is in at least as good form as his mob and someone has started a thread about them.

Before this round, Collingwood had beaten Essendon, Fremantle, Sydney, Melbourne, Port and West Coast - the last 5 are all bottom 8 sides, including 15th and 16th!!! Great posting though!!!!

Probably be one of the few games I go to this year not feeling very confident of the win.

Obviously both play very well at the Dome. I think a win will see us equal our record winning streak at the dome, so we got something to play for.

Expect a pretty tight and relatively low scoring 80-70 kinda scoreline.

For memory Kozi was damaging last time we played st Kilda earlier on in the year, If i remember correctly he was crashing packs and Rutten had a bit of trouble stopping him. I think it will be important for us to top he from doing his crashing style of game if possible. He is very damaging when in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows structure is the best it has been for years. Even though you cant gauge a game against witches hats. This is a great opportunity given the circumstances.
Crows are a chance, but not expected to win.

We are a slight chance of causing an upset.

Saints are near unbeatable at "what ever stadium it is now called" & i fear a walk in the park game against the dockers is not the right entree for a game against the league leaders.

We were 5 points down at 3 quarter time the last time we played the Saints and lost by 32. We are still struggling to play 4 solid quarters and must rtify this if we are to be a chance next week. We played witches hats yesterday FFS and still had a shit 3rd quarter.

Will we beat the Saints? Not this time.

IMO the Crows and Saints match up pretty well against each other and the crows have an excellent record at Docklands so it should be a fantastic contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows a chance next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back