Crows - A Class Act

Remove this Banner Ad

May 15, 2006
Werribee
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What a game today! Such a contrast from the tripe dished up last night by Sydney & St.Kilda. It's a shame that today's game wasn't a draw; no team deserved to lose.

Just wanted to say what an absolute class act I thought the Adelaide Football Club was after the game in acknowledging Brad Johnson's 300th game, with players forming a guard of honour.

You can imagine after a gruelling contest like that where all players would have been both physically & mentally spent, the easiest thing in the world to do would have been to just walk off & head to the rooms.

Thank you AFC, great to see such sportsmanship! :thumbsu:

It was a good game, even though I'm not over the moon about the result, I think it was a good outcome for Johnson, he is an underrated player and in my opinion a champion and deserved no less of a game to celebrate his 300th.

the crows always do that for sides, its great.

I find it annoying the same respect was not shown for the crows great skipper in his last game v hawthorn in 07, yet a week later the kangaroos gave vandenberg a guard of honour.

So football was the winner? I didn't notice cos I turned off the tv in disgust but yeah that is great. Still, I guess close losses a par for the course for the blokes these days so maybe they weren't as gutted as we think :rolleyes:

So football was the winner? I didn't notice cos I turned off the tv in disgust but yeah that is great. Still, I guess close losses a par for the course for the blokes these days so maybe they weren't as gutted as we think :rolleyes:

Someone has to lose mate - I'd rather lose to Western Bulldogs than most of the other sides.

I find it annoying the same respect was not shown for the crows great skipper in his last game v hawthorn in 07, yet a week later the kangaroos gave vandenberg a guard of honour.
was a bit annoyed that Ricciuto didn't get the respect from the Hawthorn football club. Even if it was Vandenberg...just shows that Kangaroos are also a class act; and Hawthorn aren't. Crows are class!

Have to agree - must have especially hard given both sides could mount a claim for deserving the points. :thumbsu:

What a game today! Such a contrast from the tripe dished up last night by Sydney & St.Kilda. It's a shame that today's game wasn't a draw; no team deserved to lose.

Just wanted to say what an absolute class act I thought the Adelaide Football Club was after the game in acknowledging Brad Johnson's 300th game, with players forming a guard of honour.

You can imagine after a gruelling contest like that where all players would have been both physically & mentally spent, the easiest thing in the world to do would have been to just walk off & head to the rooms.

Brad Johnson deserved the guard of honour. He is a good character and a good player.

I am shattered that we lost but it was a top game.

I certainly appreciated the crows guard of honour

A class act:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Also I want Brett Burton on the dogs list now, he is a freak

You already got Hudson and Welsh.....:eek:

I good game, gonna be hard to top it. Pity Bock couldnt kick that last goal to make it a great one;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sudjai cook >>>>> richie vandenberg

hahaha

seriously

It was good to read on afc.com.au that the players took it upon themselves to form the guard of honor. Good lads!

I have to say... I just came back from SA yesterday,After our game Vs Port,I Met a bunch of Crows players at the Airport while we were all waiting for our flight, What a bunch of top blokes, They could all tell i was a Geelong fan Via my nice new members cap :),But still had the time of day for a chat, then to watch the game today, And see the way they went about things after the game....Well all i can say is Well done Crows you are a Class Act for sure :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I also Seen "The Crow Shed" for the 1st time, and was thinking what a great idea. Does anyother team have this kind of thing ?

I would like to think that my club (AFC) is a very honorable club and has never resorted to dirty underhand tactics to win games or to play the game.

My memory must be failing me but I do not remember my club on the field doing anything that would embarrass the club or its supporters.

However there are clubs that should be ashamed. They know who they are!

For example dirty tactics of taggers, tanking or physically intimidating new or injured players.

I would like to think that my club (AFC) is a very honorable club and has never resorted to dirty underhand tactics to win games or to play the game.

My memory must be failing me but I do not remember my club on the field doing anything that would embarrass the club or its supporters.

However there are clubs that should be ashamed. They know who they are!

For example dirty tactics of taggers, tanking or physically intimidating new or injured players.

Ask Daryl Wakelin;)

I have to say... I just came back from SA yesterday,After our game Vs Port,I Met a bunch of Crows players at the Airport while we were all waiting for our flight, What a bunch of top blokes, They could all tell i was a Geelong fan Via my nice new members cap :),But still had the time of day for a chat, then to watch the game today, And see the way they went about things after the game....Well all i can say is Well done Crows you are a Class Act for sure :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I also Seen "The Crow Shed" for the 1st time, and was thinking what a great idea. Does anyother team have this kind of thing ?
Thanks for the support mate:thumbsu: And too every other opposition supporter on this thread too:thumbsu:

I dont think another team has a shed like us but it would be good to find out!

I think the game was fantastic! Well done to BJ! First quarter I couldnt see him BUT he won the games for you guys!
I wish Bocky kicked that goal but it was better for you to win for BJ

Thanks for the support mate:thumbsu: And too every other opposition supporter on this thread too:thumbsu:

I dont think another team has a shed like us but it would be good to find out!

I think the game was fantastic! Well done to BJ! First quarter I couldnt see him BUT he won the games for you guys!
I wish Bocky kicked that goal but it was better for you to win for BJ
I would of thought that all those "non franchise" traditional clubs would of had an area where their supporters can go back and see their players????After all going back to the "club" and having a players presentation is a tradition.

Or does that not happen and it is only the elite supporters who can do that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows - A Class Act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back