News Crows eye Walker, Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your "one eyed Blue" tag is all the proof we need that you're off the reservation.

Sellar and Jacobs are barely different in rating - Jacobs marginally better because of the Sydney performance. They're both developing, they're both potential.

Carlton needs a defensive KP, Adelaide needs a ruck. It's not going to be pick 14, not even close.

It'll be a swap for Sellar (despite the boast of some anonymous threadgoer, he didn't get invited over to the club for no reason) with a pick upgrade in the second/third round OR it'll be the Bock pick - and you'll be lucky to get that, because Jacobs ain't worth Bock.

That's the realistic scenario.

Pointless comparison because Bock is worth more than the Bock pick. If Bock was in the draft this year, he would not get through to our first pick at 18, let alone the 36 or whatever you are getting for him. Unfortunately for your club, you don't get to negotiate the deal you get for him.

Having said that, Jacobs would also not get through to pick 36 in this draft either, so he is also worth more than that pick. Pick 14 is a good starting point and if you ask why, please refer to the many reasons given, in particular the very good comparison already in this thread about recently trade rucks. Unfortunately for your club, we DO get to negotiate the deal for Jacobs.

As for Sellar coming over for a medical (if true), it would be negligent of our club not to check him out if he has been offered as a trade but has not been playing senior footy due to injury. It does not mean we are interested, it just means we are being cautious about who you are offering.

The problem with being overrun by Adelaidians is that I'm very close to having the entirety of my posts consist of

'Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!'

Seriously, Adelaide. Shape up. :mad:

Crows morons do not a city make (though there are plenty of them)

Can someone summarise... every time i click to watch the video, it plays the first 5 seconds then just freezes...

Basically said that Jacobs was gone but not necessarily to Adelaide if they wont play nice.
We have looked into getting Tarrant.
Thornton is likely to go.
Walker may stay unless we trade to fill a "deficiency".
We need a key defender.

Basically said that Jacobs was gone but not necessarily to Adelaide if they wont play nice.
We have looked into getting Tarrant.
Thornton is likely to go.
Walker may stay.
We need a key defender.
thanks... and all that is music to my ears...

Edited post for accuracy regards Walker and reason he may stay. Couldn't remember so went back and watched it again. Ratten was firm that if we couldn't get a trade that would fix a problem, it wouldn't happen and Walker would stay with us.
Looks like we are making all the right noises anyway.;)

PSD draft idiot means you don't have to deal with other clubs...Richmond have said they want a quality ruckman so Jacobs could go there if he gets to the PSD.

Which was my point - Richmond won't bother negotiating for a trade if it looks like they can use the PSD to benefit from a breakdown in negotiations with other clubs.

Also, $1mill over 3 years - $333,333 a year if split evenly - isn't exactly a titanic amount of money, considering the average wage in 2009 for an AFL player who played a minimum of one game was $241,436

Which was my point - Richmond won't bother negotiating for a trade if it looks like they can use the PSD to benefit from a breakdown in negotiations with other clubs.

Also, $1mill over 3 years - $333,333 a year if split evenly - isn't exactly a titanic amount of money, considering the average wage in 2009 for an AFL player who played a minimum of one game was $241,436

You're right, so just send me an extra $90,000 a year and I'll put under my bed for savings as I already have enough.

On and Sellar isn't a KPP, he is an undersized ruckman (which is where he has played when in the Crows side and in the reserves) so stop trying to flog him off as one .............

Back to front mate; he's a KPP who we've been forced to play as a mobile ruckman due to structural and injury issues within the side.

I would have thought that Talia would be pretty nervous about getting games at CHB given the esteem Davis is held in. And if you list the so-called untouchables on the Adelaide list over 190cms, there is more than a goal to goal line there too. Further, he probably won't get to play much senior footy at all given how Craig likes to develop talls.

So surely we'd be talking to Talia's manager and suggesting a reasonable - not over the top pay increase - and much more game time. Much in the same way Ricky Nixon realised that Hendo wasn't going to get much game time when Fev went there.

Talia could come back to Melbourne, get a pay increase and more game time. So let's hope we are talking to him and his manager and his manager requests a trade to Carlton in the coming week.

Then it's pretty simple: Jacobs for Talia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still shit either way.

You're being harsh - I've said I don't have huge wraps on him, but he is still very young, especially for a KPP. When he's 23/24, he'd want to be a hell of a lot better than he is now, and he needs to show a lot of improvement next year, but he has got enough potential to justify a spot on a list.

You're being harsh - I've said I don't have huge wraps on him, but he is still very young, especially for a KPP. When he's 23/24, he'd want to be a hell of a lot better than he is now, and he needs to show a lot of improvement next year, but he has got enough potential to justify a spot on a list.
I'm glad to hear it. Keep him then, might help you get out of the shit position your club is in.

Listen King_Muppett......you won't be getting Jacobs for pick #736 and Sellar......get over it and pi$$ off

Where have I said we would? I haven't made any outlandish trade suggestions; I think the Bock pick is around the money, you think it's shy of true value - but I'm not coming in here making stupid calls about a 4th rounder and Jacky.

Sin, happy to keep him at our shit Club, which, since it's formation, has been more successful in every area than yours.

Trade week is soon, I'll stay out of this thread until then.

If we trade you our first rounder for Jacobs, I'll come back and take my medicine.

Sin, happy to keep him at our shit Club, which, since it's formation, has been more successful in every area than yours.

I actually like your club (starting to hate the supporters though) but you have to realise the days of being happy with your list are over. This year you slid nearly as bad as Brisbane and that's been followed by losing 5 of your greatest ever players and your ruckman. The days of thinking you have a list full of untouchables are over, the club knows it can't afford to become as irrelevant as Port and will have to address it's deficiencies.

I'd like to apologise for some of the less rational Adelaide supporters who've been posting here lately - particularly SurfingTheVoid..

That said, there's no chance Carlton will be getting pick #14 unless it's part of a larger deal which sees pick #18 headed back our way. Adelaide will NOT be trading out of the first round in this draft.

Carlton will start off by demanding pick #14. Adelaide will refuse. Eventually the deal will be done, probably for the Bock compensation pick. Jacobs is worth a pick somewhere in the 20s, given the values placed on Jolly & Mumford just 12 months ago. Adelaide's 2nd round selection (somewhere in the 30s) is too low - and I can understand Carlton's reluctance to accept Sellar as the sweetener. Adelaide's 1st round selection (pick #14) is too high. The Bock compensation pick is right on the money.

I actually like your club (starting to hate the supporters though) but you have to realise the days of being happy with your list are over. This year you slid nearly as bad as Brisbane and that's been followed by losing 5 of your greatest ever players and your ruckman. The days of thinking you have a list full of untouchables are over, the club knows it can't afford to become as irrelevant as Port and will have to address it's deficiencies.
Adelaide slid because we had a ridiculously long injury list, which was very rarely less than double digits in size. Many of the players who were injured, or down on form as a direct result of injury, were our next generation of gun players.

Do not underestimate the quality of Adelaide's list based purely on what happened in 2010. Having lost the first 6 games of the season, Adelaide won 9 of their last 16, including victories over Fremantle (5th), Geelong (3rd) and St Kilda (2nd). They also pushed Footscray and Collingwood to the limit, losing by 8 and 3 points against teams which finished in the top 4.

Adelaide's playing list remains happy - unlike Brisbane which appears to be imploding as a result of Voss' failure to show any loyalty at all during trade week last year.

Adelaide slid because we had a ridiculously long injury list, which was very rarely less than double digits in size. Many of the players who were injured, or down on form as a direct result of injury, were our next generation of gun players.

Do not underestimate the quality of Adelaide's list based purely on what happened in 2010. Having lost the first 6 games of the season, Adelaide won 9 of their last 16, including victories over Fremantle (5th), Geelong (3rd) and St Kilda (2nd). They also pushed Footscray and Collingwood to the limit, losing by 8 and 3 points against teams which finished in the top 4.

Adelaide's playing list remains happy - unlike Brisbane which appears to be imploding as a result of Voss' failure to show any loyalty at all during trade week last year.
You did have your injury troubles, but so did Carlton, Fremantle, Sydney, Bulldogs and Hawthorn and quite a few other teams this year. There are a lot of things that didn't work for Adelaide this year that weren't to do with injury.

You've lost McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards, Burton, Bock and will lose Griffin. Time to wake up and start filling your deficiencies.

You did have your injury troubles, but so did Carlton, Fremantle, Sydney, Bulldogs and Hawthorn and quite a few other teams this year. There are a lot of things that didn't work for Adelaide this year that weren't to do with injury.

You've lost McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards, Burton, Bock and will lose Griffin. Time to wake up and start filling your deficiencies.
Burton should never have been on our list in 2010 anyway, Walker was always going to be the better option.

Griffin's departure won't be lamented either. We have Moran, Sellar and McKernan who are all more mobile than he is - and hopefully we'll have Sauce as well.

There's no doubt that we'll miss Bock, but Davis has shown plenty at CHB this year (Bock missed most of it as a result of injury - before being dropped after he announced he was GC bound). We have plenty of other KPP defender options as well, such as Young, McKernan and Talia.

McLeod and Edwards were both well and truly past their prime in 2010 and were arguably surpassed by the youngsters who replaced them.

Goodwin, on the other hand, is a massive loss. He was still playing great footy right up until the time when injury ended his season.

There's no doubt that we've lost a LOT of experience - 1300 games so far. There's also little doubt that Adelaide have recruited well in the last few years and have an exciting group of youngsters looking to build something together in the very near future.

it has already been stated by our club that pick 14 this year is pick 28 every other year... so pick 28 this year is pick 42 every other year, and the club would feel seriously ripped off... it is how it is... the chances of us snaring a quality player with pick 28 (which is what you are getting with Jacobs) is as low as it's ever been and therefore the club would have no hesitation rejecting it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back