News Crows eye Walker, Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people rate Watson a chance to slip to pick 14 but not 18 could we swap our first rounders and then throw in the Bock compo as well? Given that it appears Adelaide now hold a little more power in this trade

Very sad Jacobs has called for a trade, and even more frustrated he openly asked for a team. Shit move Sam.

On a side note, I'm trying to fit Walker into our best 22, and not sure he is in there anymore. Did play a pretty good final, but probably was in a position to kick 5 or 6 with the opportunities he had.

I'd much prefer to see Lucas playing as the other HBF with Russel a lock for the other. Walker wouldn't be preferred to Houlihan as the defensive forward. Then we still have Tuohy looking likely, the possibility of a fit O'Keefe, and possibly finally getting Everitt.

While it'd be good to see him get one more preseason, and play in a single position all year (and not terribly undersized at CHB), I'm not sure he'll get the chance.

His poor tackling, decision making and foot skills have him out for mine. Can't be so bad at those three skills and play in a good side.

So, definitely wouldn't be too upset to see him go, if he does. I'd much prefer to be getting game time into Lucas, ROK, and Tuohy.

I've read this a few times from various posters and can I just say that such a statement is just plain stupid.

Jacobs has no injury history to speak of for such concerns to be raised. Ablett is just as likely to rip his hamstring from the bone, do a knee or suffer a neck/back injury and never play again. Does that mean GC should pay less for ablett? Of course not.

I was more responding to someone who said we were guaranteed at leats 150 games from him

It is silly to say, but it could happen, and it never alters trade values unless the player is already injury prone

Looks like Jacobs has requested the Crows. We hold a slight advantage here now, but i'm sure the Crows won't bend you over, we are pretty easy to deal with

it never alters trade values unless the player is already injury prone

Looks like Jacobs has requested the Crows. We hold a slight advantage here now, but i'm sure the Crows won't bend you over, we are pretty easy to deal with

If youre not trying to bend us over, then what the hell is Sellar doing getting offered up.

I mean, youre not just bending us over, youre forgoing all attempts at romance first.

Its brutal, and I dont like it.

If youre not trying to bend us over, then what the hell is Sellar doing getting offered up.

I mean, youre not just bending us over, youre forgoing all attempts at romance first.

Its brutal, and I dont like it.

Who's offering Sellar? No official trade has been offered yet.

He's come across for a fitness test, so chances are that he will be involved as part of the trade, but we won't be offering a straight swap as some seem to think

There is no way Sellar for Jacobs is fair, and it just won't happen

In terms some of you Carlton board have put it, he is the steak knives. He has talent, that we have failed to get from him. You would get a KPP to work with and hopefully develop into a decent backman to support Bower and Co.

On the Herald Sun Website just now after i posted it.

Carlton rejected straight swap Everitt for Walker
Adelaide still interested but knocked back straight swap for Talia.
Ratten would rather an experienced player.
Dogs lead race.

I'd be shattered if it was a straight swap for Everitt for Walker, similar players, pointless trade IMO. If they traded Everitt and Hill for Walker, I'd take that, if not I'd rather Walker. And there is no one on Adelaide's list that benefit Carlton's list besides there untouchables i.e. Talia.

Who's offering Sellar? No official trade has been offered yet.

He's come across for a fitness test, so chances are that he will be involved as part of the trade, but we won't be offering a straight swap as some seem to think

There is no way Sellar for Jacobs is fair, and it just won't happen

In terms some of you Carlton board have put it, he is the steak knives. He has talent, that we have failed to get from him. You would get a KPP to work with and hopefully develop into a decent backman to support Bower and Co.

Or rather than offering up someone who 95% of your board consider a talentless hack, you could perhaps suggest a decent player.

Youd be stoked to get Jacobs for pick 35 + Sellar in this Draft and you know it.

Or rather than offering up someone who 95% of your board consider a talentless hack, you could perhaps suggest a decent player.

Youd be stoked to get Jacobs for pick 35 + Sellar in this Draft and you know it.

Only a minute few actually think he is a talentless hack. He may be a hack, but he aint talentless. Was rated top 3 in his year before glandular fever took hold of his body

This could be a reaosn why its taken longer for him to come on. He's only 21, some KPP's take until their 24-25 to show something.

Yes i would be stoked to get him for that, but i got a secret for ya, i'm not involved in this trade in any way shape or form and neither is anyone from either board

We can speculate all we want, and thats what BF is for. But we don't have to give up a super player for Jacobs. A pick and Sellar will get it done IMO

It just depends on what pick. Is it our Bock pick or 2nd rounder?

We'll find out next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a minute few actually think he is a talentless hack. He may be a hack, but he aint talentless. Was rated top 3 in his year before glandular fever took hold of his body

This could be a reaosn why its taken longer for him to come on. He's only 21, some KPP's take until their 24-25 to show something.

Yes i would be stoked to get him for that, but i got a secret for ya, i'm not involved in this trade in any way shape or form and neither is anyone from either board

We can speculate all we want, and thats what BF is for. But we don't have to give up a super player for Jacobs. A pick and Sellar will get it done IMO

It just depends on what pick. Is it our Bock pick or 2nd rounder?

We'll find out next week

I want one of your talls.

One of the good ones.

You have enough.

It looks as though it's only going to be Jacobs heading west to Adelaide and I think the Crows compensation pick (26) will get the job done and is around the right price.

Here are some 2010 SANFL highlights of Shaun McKernan for those interested:

[youtube]hV8VL210YX0[/youtube]

He still has a year on his contract and has been reported as wanting to return to Victoria and play for North by a source that I would consider credible.

Love the fact that the Blues are going to play hard ball with the Crows, and are demanding pick #14!

As far as Walker goes, also seems like we will get a good deal for him.

Have knocked back a direct swap for Everitt.

Hill/Stack/Everitt + Compo pick would be handy!

If you're demanding 14 to get leverage over the AFL pilaging GC, then you think 18 could be involved.

I doubt we'd want to trade ourselfs right out of any benefit area in the draft.

Personally I think Brennan's manager is using you guys as leverage, though there's probably some genuine interest as well.

If you're demanding 14 to get leverage over the AFL pilaging GC, then you think 18 could be involved.

I doubt we'd want to trade ourselfs right out of any benefit area in the draft.

Personally I think Brennan's manager is using you guys as leverage, though there's probably some genuine interest as well.

Levarage to what? He is under contract for 2 years on 400k or so and wants out of Brisbane, so i dont know what levarge you are hinting at..

Levarage to what? He is under contract for 2 years on 400k or so and wants out of Brisbane, so i dont know what levarge you are hinting at..
Walkers contracted, wants out. You don't think the Doggies being keen as well as us doesn't give you leverage?

Drive asking proce and potential contract extension up.

Brenna is out of contract and asking 700K per.

wont even be close...

Carlton will require the bock pick your second rounder and Sellar IMO for both players.

I think that's about where it'll end up.

To me, it looks like we are slightly over-paying (especially as the Bock pick can be used over the next few years), but take either of those picks out of it, and we're definitely under-paying.

Regarding the PSD crap, which we all know wont happen anyway, if Jacobs said "I'll go in the PSD, but I'll only play in Adelaide," - then it'd work for us, Richmond and the like wouldn't take him. But, again, we know that wont happen, Jacobs wouldn't do it, and the Crows wouldn't do it.

I want one of your talls.

One of the good ones.

You have enough.

You had your chance to get Talia and you passed him up for yet another midfielder....

Do you work for Carlton's recruiting team?

If not, you may end up dissappointed at the trade. At this stage it looks as though the Bock pick may end up being the one we come to an agreement on.

You want our pick 14, we say no

We offer our 2nd rounder, you say no.

We offer our Bock pick (which could be anywhere from 19-26 whenn used) and that'll get it done if its just Jacobs we land

If a player is involved Will Young could also be looked at with Sellar, but Young is super talented so you wouldn't get our Bock pick with Young attached

You had your chance to get Talia and you passed him up for yet another midfielder....

If not, you may end up dissappointed at the trade. At this stage it looks as though the Bock pick may end up being the one we come to an agreement on.

We offer our Bock pick (which could be anywhere from 19-26 whenn used) and that'll get it done if its just Jacobs we land

If a player is involved Will Young could also be looked at with Sellar, but Young is super talented so you wouldn't get our Bock pick with Young attached

How "super tallented" is he ??? He was taken with a 5th rd pick in 2008 and has played 2 games in 2 years (despite your injury concerns this year). I know nothing about him, but what puts him into the "super tallented" catagory outside of him playing for the Crows ???

What a load of shit. Will Young super talented. LOL I havn't even heard of him, what pick did you guys spend on getting this star talented player and which year?

How "super tallented" is he ??? He was taken with a 5th rd pick in 2008 and has played 2 games in 2 years (despite your injury concerns this year). I know nothing about him, but what puts him into the "super tallented" catagory outside of him playing for the Crows ???
Don't ya get it... the only player that they are willing to throw in is a player that will not play a senior game with us... Young there might be a chance... seller no chance... hence seller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back