News Crows eye Walker, Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does talented = proven? No one denies that Jacobs too is talented. Do you even know what you're saying half the time? :D

They'll work something out, it won't be a huge trade. Sellar and a late pick at best is my tip.

So King_Ding-a-ling has an alias or an equally moronic twin sister then......

WOW you really are a tool .......... Warnock was recruited in 2008 to cover 1st ruck duties for 2009, to help out Kreuzer and to allow Jacobs and Hampson to develop. As it turned out Warnock himself was injured for 2009, when Hampson had his best season (and stagnated a little this year) while Jacobs has come on in leaps and bounds this year.

Hampson was always going to be a long-term project player (athletic freak from a Soccer background) and there would have been NO WAY IN HELL he would be traded in 2008 for Warnock, while Jacobs has developed ALOT this year to a level unexpected when he was first recruited.

Jacobs and Warnock have, at worst, been GREAT investments. Warnocks salary means little considering how much cap space we had, and he will now form a formidable ruck partnership with Kreuzer for years to come, while Jacobs has now boosted his value up somewhere near a 1st rd pick.

I would love to keep Jacobs, esp for next year as I think Kreuzer should be kept out of the ruck and played on a wing/as a 3rd tall for 2011, but he is desprate for more game time and the Crows are offering him a heap of $$$ I will hate to see him leave but if we can get a decent trade for him (Jacobs + 2nd rd pick for #14 sounds good to me) then it could be a win-win all around.

Why are you calling me a tool,
Hampson has never had a break out season, did he cement his spot in 2009, they had no choice but to play him (oops yeah they did they could have played Jacobs and saw that he is a far superior tap ruckman) They knew Warnock was not going to play for a full season so they should have played Kruezer and Jacobs. I don't think any of you bother to watch which players in the two's are going to offer us something and which arent. Jacobs showed plenty to be given a go last year and the year before. All I'm saying is once again the Blues have stuffed up the ruck situation. Can't they get a KD or two, did we really need a ruckman when they got Warnock?

Carlton are keen on Talia as reported in the Sun today as part of the Walker deal so this could eventuate.

Carlton are keen, Crows aren't. We're not going to trade away a first round draftee after just one season on our list - unless he's a colossal ****up like Darren Pfeiffer or Laurence Angwin. If he were, well, history shows we're talking to the right club ;)

My response would be "You had the option, but decided to go in a different direction. Move on"

Carlton are keen, Crows aren't. We're not going to trade away a first round draftee after just one season on our list - unless he's a colossal ****up like Darren Pfeiffer or Laurence Angwin. If he were, well, history shows we're talking to the right club ;)

My response would be "You had the option, but decided to go in a different direction. Move on"

How about you move on :rolleyes:

Remember where you are !!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Crows signing Jacobs up on a $1mill+ deal as their #1 ruck in 2011. Now that sounds like a serious commitment. So the starting point for the trade has just increased a notch - pick 14 plus a sweetener now. We didn't seem to try too hard to match the Crows offer. Are we painting the Crows into a corner deliberately? Interesting.

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Sellar is a terrible footballer. I cant believe that you guys would be considering him as part of any deal. I really want him to stay at the crows.

Thats just my opinion.

Really like the strong stance we're taking on the Jacobs trade i.e. insisting on pick 14. If the Crows don't want to give up pick 14, they'll have to give up a pick 14 type player i.e. Talia or Davis, otherwise no deal.

IF it's "no deal" Jacobs would either end up staying at the Blues, or be involved with a trade to another club. The ball's in the Crows court now. They've been told what's required. We don't stuff around.

:)

Honestly, Jacobs for Talia straight swap and we're getting ripped off big time!

Talia has not shown anything yet. Jacobs is on the verge of becoming a very good, AFL standard ruckman which have MASSIVE currency especially considering when they are 22, have already shown glimpses, are 2-3 years away from reaching their prime and still have enormous upside.

Jacobs is tangible potential compared to Talia who is yet to show anything.

Glad Swanny and co are of the same opinion and look ready to drive a hard bargain.
We didn't have Krooz and Warnock who are both very handy, and Jacobs would be no.1 ruck at Carlton with batting an eyelid

Read the "Walker/Dogs" thread. You'll see it came right from the "horses mouth" as it could get.

There's lot's more on there too.

No problem Jim.

I read it this morning in the Walker/Dogs thread that you posted from the poster from CSC who was at the B&F last night :thumbsu:

The physio is a joke that has been going around since the start of the season in regards to Murphy having OP.

He was allegedly spotted at the physio in Port Melbourne where PooMonkey allegedly overheard in one of the cubicles that Murph had OP whilst in consultation with his Physio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back