Crows games on 7TWO

Remove this Banner Ad

Upcoming Crows games on 7TWO

Two Crows games from the 1993 finals will be repeated on 7TWO this week:

1. 0330 Saturday 12 June (set alarm Friday evening): Carlton v Adelaide, 1993 Second Semi-Final
  2. 0130 Wednesday 16 June (set alarm Tuesday evening) Hawthorn v Adelaide, 1993 First Elimination Final
Both these games have been on before, but 7TWO seem to be repeating the 1993 finals this week and next - though they are not showing the other elimination final or the semi-final between Essendon and West Coast.

Just a heads up that the St.Kilda/Adelaide draw is on at 1.30am Tuesday morning. I havent seen it, but i have a memory of John Riddell saying that we didnt win or lose on channel seven at the time, god knows why.

Just a heads up that the St.Kilda/Adelaide draw is on at 1.30am Tuesday morning. I havent seen it, but i have a memory of John Riddell saying that we didnt win or lose on channel seven at the time, god knows why.
Cheers mate, will definetley have to record it. Do 7TWO have a Foxtel channel?

1997 Semi Final v Geelong

On Friday morning at 1:30 (set your alarms for Thursday night, 14 July 2010), 7TWO will be showing the 1997 Second Semi Final versus Geelong. This game has not so far as I am aware been shown before, though the Crows’ two later victories certainly have been shown many times.

I would be curious to see the earlier win over West Coast in the first week of the 1997 finals. It’s curious that in a tight battle wet weather played a much bigger role in determining the outcome of the premiership than it did in the much wetter Septembers of 1992 and 1993.
the whole series has got me thinking about other crows games from between 1991-2001 & 2007-2009 that i'd love to see again

top of that list would be 1995 adelaide vs hawthorn at FP

also would love to see

1996 vs fitzroy (probably both games, for differing reasons, one being a complete demolition by the jarman brothers, the other for the record 2nd quarter)
1992 vs geelong at FP
1993 vs fitzroy at FP
1992 vs hawthorn at waverly
1998 vs west coast at subi
2001 vs carlton at optus
Mr_smooth, agree very much with most of these. Most especially the 1995 comeback v Hawthorn and the record second quarter against Fitzroy. Whilst I move towards later years because games from 1991 and 1992 are to be borrowed I have been thinking of buying both on Name A Game.

Re: 1997 Semi Final v Geelong

On Friday morning at 1:30 (set your alarms for Thursday night, 14 July 2010), 7TWO will be showing the 1997 Second Semi Final versus Geelong. This game has not so far as I am aware been shown before, though the Crows’ two later victories certainly have been shown many times.

I would be curious to see the earlier win over West Coast in the first week of the 1997 finals. It’s curious that in a tight battle wet weather played a much bigger role in determining the outcome of the premiership than it did in the much wetter Septembers of 1992 and 1993.Mr_smooth, agree very much with most of these. Most especially the 1995 comeback v Hawthorn and the record second quarter against Fitzroy. Whilst I move towards later years because games from 1991 and 1992 are to be borrowed I have been thinking of buying both on Name A Game.
the Geelong final was on a while ago, but thanks for the heads up anyway!

AWESOME WARNING!

Monday Morning at 1.30 is the 2001 Game against Brisbane at the Gabba :)

We got up by 5 points.

Is this the one where a Brisbane player has a shot from about 65m out after the siren for a chance to win?? If so I recall this match and it's a beauty. Cheers for the heads up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I wish they would show some new games

Mon 23 Aug, 1:50am - 4:00am ~ 1999 RND 16 - BULLDOGS V ADELAIDE (Depressing day, Lucas Herbert on the bench all day from memory)

Wed 25 Aug, 1:30am - 3:30am ~ 1997 RND 17- ADELAIDE V RICHMOND (We flogged them)

Fri 27 Aug, 1:30am - 3:30 am ~ 1994 RND 14 - ST KILDA V ADELAIDE (At Waverley and it is still our only draw)

Wed 25 Aug, 1:30am - 3:30am ~ 1997 RND 17- ADELAIDE V RICHMOND (We flogged them)
I haven’t heard of that game being on before, and it would be very interesting to watch for Darren Jarman’s seven goals. Kicking the highest score of 1997 with Modra only kicking four showed the Crows a great deal towards winning the 1997 and 1998 premierships. All though the last two third of the 1990s Adelaide were an enigmatic side who I have never really understood. Their successive flags were bookended by very ordinary years where they played some terrible football - e.g. losing to West Coast by 135 points - yet even in their worst years they still had their share of wins and at times played quite well. In 1996, for instance, they thrashed grand finalists Sydney by ninety points in the opening round then won only two of their last fourteen games. Yet, one of those two wins was against emerging power team Brisbane.

Thus, I do agree with you that many more Crows games could and should be shown on 7TWO. Although I have no connections with Adelaide and have lived my life in Melbourne, I am very interested to unlock the mysteries of the middle-to-late 1990s Crows sides.

andrew23, as a last point I really would like to know how you can get a schedule so far ahead as the twenty-fifth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows games on 7TWO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back