Alex99

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wed 16 August, 2006
afc.com.au
Two Adelaide dual premiership heroes, Shaun Rehn and Darren Jarman, have been inducted into the South Australian Football Hall of Fame.

The former Crows were among the eight latest inductees to the Hall of Fame announced on Tuesday night.

Rehn and Jarman were both key members of Adelaide’s 1997 and 1998 premiership sides.

Jarman played 121 AFL games for Adelaide from 1996-2001, after returning from Hawthorn where he played 109 games and also played in the club’s 1991 premiership. He also played 144 SANFL games for North Adelaide and 12 games for South Australia. Jarman was an All-Australian in 1992, 1995 and 1996.

Rehn, now an assistant coach with the Brisbane Lions, played 147 games for Adelaide from 1991-2000 before finishing his playing career at Hawthorn, where he played 33 games in 2001-02. He won Adelaide’s club champion award in 1994, played two games for SA and was an All-Australian in 1998. He also coached West Adelaide in the SANFL from 2003-05.

The other Hall of Fame inductees were former players Craig Bradley, Neville Roberts, Robert Simunsen and John Lynch, administrator John Forrester and umpire Rick Kinnear.

289673bj.jpg

PerthCrow said:
Nice article C98.

Is this a different HoF to the SANFL one? Or have they ''amalgamated'' it into one that encompasses SA football ?

Some players achievements in the SANFL alone wouldn't get them in. EG: Pussy's 21 games with West Adelaide and Ben Hart's 9 games with North (when his turn comes;) )Also ,I can't find the complete list at the moment but, I'm pretty sure there is a SAFA player in it that never played SANFL.

Leaping Lindner said:
Some players achievements in the SANFL alone wouldn't get them in. EG: Pussy's 21 games with West Adelaide and Ben Hart's 9 games with North (when his turn comes;) )Also ,I can't find the complete list at the moment but, I'm pretty sure there is a SAFA player in it that never played SANFL.
I knowwwww that. I was asking if there were 2 separate ones or if the old SANFL HoF and this are the same

Just did a quick calculation on D jarman and he has played 386 SANFL, AFL and State games. This is a very good achievement.

Good to see the boys being recognized.

Mind you the amount of games that C bradley played is just amazing.

PerthCrow said:
Player or administrator. Something tells me Allan Statton SAAFL Secretary was admitted

If not it should be him and Kevin KT Thomas :thumbsu:

PC you will find a list of SANF HofF inductees at this link
SANFL HofF inductees inc career records
This page shows upto 2005 inductees. This years is on the SANFL homepage. I had a look at it a couple of weeks ago.

The non-SANFL player inducted last year was this bloke
PETER KITSCHKE
510 games (221 consecutive games) for Jamestown 1948 - 1974
(Credited with a total of 577 games including representative matches)
Captain of Jamestown for 7 years
Retired in 1974 – Aged 43

Fat Stat from the amateur league hasn't been inducted, but wouldn't be surprised if he is one day. When I met him him the mid 80's he had been with SAAFL for 25 years and was still going a few years ago when I saw him at the 2001 or 02 A1 GF.

And if the journo who wrote the Crobots article about Craig had done a little research he would have found out Craig is an inductee for his playing skills.

RussellEbertHandball said:
The non-SANFL player inducted last year was this bloke
PETER KITSCHKE
510 games (221 consecutive games) for Jamestown 1948 - 1974
(Credited with a total of 577 games including representative matches)
Captain of Jamestown for 7 years
Retired in 1974 – Aged 43
Fair effort that but I am certain 2 blokes from Rosewater played more. Kevin Jacquier and Kevin Thomas .

KT told us he played 732 games and umpired over 1200...there was even an article in the Advertiser 2-3 years ago. He had this habit as coach of taking bottom placed sides and lifting them to the flag. Did it with Rosewater, SMOSH amd Wingfield afaik.

Fat Stat from the amateur league hasn't been inducted, but wouldn't be surprised if he is one day. When I met him him the mid 80's he had been with SAAFL for 25 years and was still going a few years ago when I saw him at the 2001 or 02 A1 GF.
Yes I was a delegate in the 90s and he had been there a while

Cheers for the link

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows greats in SA Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back