News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the club acknowledged the original designer or are we doing a Port and just ripping it off with no credit?

I don't know they have to acknowledge them but definitely should have a a financial agreement with them and done it properly.

Hopefully no press conference today where the work experience kid has to announce they just got caught up in the excitement of it all.

I do wonder how it would work if a club saw a redesign, liked it and took it (or couldn't come to terms with the original designer), especially if it had been an outline of our existing design, of our logo, in our colours (perhaps this one is more different to the original jumper other than the colours.)

For example I doubt I can take the Carlton jumper, do an outline of the logo and then sell it. But if I did it as fan art does that mean Carlton can never do it either?

That said hopefully we did the right thing here haha not just to save the embarrassment Port had, and we definitely wouldn't get away with it as easily as they did.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here it is, club worked and O'Neal's worked with the original designer.

Post in thread 'Round 5, 2023 (Gather Round): Photos and Discussion' Discussion - Round 5, 2023 (Gather Round): Photos and Discussion
Even though this is more grey area, surely the club/AFL owns the imagery here. There are enough crows hating and port loving people in the media who’d be trying to rain on our parade if we hadn’t worked with the designer. Especially after port got stung for it previously.

Ftd1ab3aUAEbdsN

James got told

FtbUUo3aYAI5fMA
Fair enough too. Tremendously shit take when it's such a cool guernsey and at the very very least, a return of the swooping Crow logo.

And that's not even considering that O'Neills have our club looking the best they have in on field gear since at least the Adidas days, and even Adidas was getting into stupid side panels and bibs. It's shouldn't be rocket surgery, but O'Neills in their first year delivered hoops that go all the way around, correct colours, and numbers without a white outline.

Has the club acknowledged the original designer or are we doing a Port and just ripping it off with no credit?
Here it is, club and O'Neal's worked with the original designer.

Post in thread 'Round 5, 2023 (Gather Round): Photos and Discussion' Discussion - Round 5, 2023 (Gather Round): Photos and Discussion
Whilst I'm here I may as well insert myself here and with it now official, as consulted by the club I can comment on these matters. The club certainly has acknowledged me and its been amazing to see all the positive reception for the guernsey, especially from Crows people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I'm here I may as well insert myself here and with it now official, as consulted by the club I can comment on these matters. The club certainly has acknowledged me and its been amazing to see all the positive reception for the guernsey, especially from Crows people.
its a thing of beauty mate, i can't even imagine how much of a buzz you're getting from this! well done!

its a thing of beauty mate, i can't even imagine how much of a buzz you're getting from this! well done!
I've been pinching myself since last night and now seeing the paper today I've never wanted the Crows to win a game in my life more than on Thursday night!

Curious how you got involved?

Also while you were in discussions did you tell them our current logo sucks?
I was contacted via BigFooty, and made a few phone calls and that's the shortest possible explanation I can give of how my involvement began. As for the logo, that's a tale for another day.

Well done, you nailed it. It's getting unanimous love.

Adelaide fans have an added motivation, big hope our soon to come brand refresh is influenced by this public response.

I was contacted via BigFooty, and made a few phone calls and that's the shortest possible explanation I can give of how my involvement began. As for the logo, that's a tale for another day.
Looking forward to “another day” and the current raptor head gone

#bringbackthebird

Remove this Banner Ad

News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back