Crows history > Port Adelaide history

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maccas_no1 said:
Not true the original AFC squad and in other seasons beofre Pt power enetered the AFL had players from the Pt Adelaide Footy Club, I do believe Scott Hodges played for the AFC ;)

Macca the fact that Adelaide recruited a Port Adelaide player does not change the fact that they are a newly constructed club. Port was playing in the SANFL then and all AFL clubs, constructed and long established recruited from Port over the years.

I really fail to see why Crow supporters refuse to accept the simple fact that the Port Adelaide Football Club moved from the SANFL to the AFL in 1997. In fact the official announcement in 1994 by Ross Oakley (AFL CEO then) awarding Port Adelaide the 2nd AFL licence to Greg Boulton and Brian Cunningham ahead of the other SANFL bids of Norwood/Sturt, Eagles cartel and Glenelg/South was televised live in Adelaide. It was in all the papers and media reports all over Australia.

The AFL recognises this, the SANFL commission recognise it, the media and commentators recognise it, current and passed AFL/VFL legends recognise it and yet we still have many ignorant Crow supporters who do not want to accept it. Most probably because they were supporters of the 3 other bids that failed I suspect.

Mad Dog said:
gotta agree here.......Ted you might enjoy the sport of driving the wedge between Paps and Crows....but you will create a monster if you slag the SANFL.....it was good enough to pillage it of talent for all those years wasn't it ????
Yes we have had some fantastic achievements in our short history...to me premierships are everything....and until we're headed in that department IN THIS COMPETITION.....then AFC > PAPFC

Agreed 100% MD........AND EVEN THEN there will be the time factor.

Mitch Power said:
Macca the fact that Adelaide recruited a Port Adelaide player does not change the fact that they are a newly constructed club. Port was playing in the SANFL then and all AFL clubs, constructed and long established recruited from Port over the years.

I really fail to see why Crow supporters refuse to accept the simple fact that the Port Adelaide Football Club moved from the SANFL to the AFL in 1997. In fact the official announcement in 1994 by Ross Oakley (AFL CEO then) awarding Port Adelaide the 2nd AFL licence to Greg Boulton and Brian Cunningham ahead of the other SANFL bids of Norwood/Sturt, Eagles cartel and Glenelg/South was televised live in Adelaide. It was in all the papers and media reports all over Australia.

The AFL recognises this, the SANFL commission recognise it, the media and commentators recognise it, current and passed AFL/VFL legends recognise it and yet we still have many ignorant Crow supporters who do not want to accept it. Most probably because they were supporters of the 3 other bids that failed I suspect.

Had Fitzroy not merged with Brisbane, Port Power would never exist.

maccas_no1 said:
Had Fitzroy not merged with Brisbane, Port Power would never exist.

thats not correct Macca. After failing to get a merger before the 1996 season to allow Port Adelaide's entry, it is on record that the AFL was going to go with a 17 team competition in 1997.

maccas_no1 said:
Source???

The AFL made the decision in 1996 and prepared a draft of the 1997 fixture with Port in a 17 team league. The AFL had officially written to Port and the SANFL and it was reported throughout the media.

I will have to go through my Port For AFL scrapbook to scan the Advertiser articles confirming this just for you. :D

Mitch Power said:
The AFL made the decision in 1996 and prepared a draft of the 1997 fixture with Port in a 17 team league. The AFL had officially written to Port and the SANFL and it was reported throughout the media.

I will have to go through my Port For AFL scrapbook to scan the Advertiser articles confirming this just for you. :D
Another crow fan with poor footy knowledge :D.. SIGH!

Adelaide history is nothing short of filth. Adelaide like the eagles and brisbane are just a product of Victorians making lots and lots of money. The funny thing is most west australians and south australians believe that there club is true west aussie or south aussie they dont even realise nor contemplate that there club is more victorian than any victorian based club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Power said:

Scan away
:thumbsu:

linga_is_no1 said:
Adelaide history is nothing short of filth. Adelaide like the eagles and brisbane are just a product of Victorians making lots and lots of money. The funny thing is most west australians and south australians believe that there club is true west aussie or south aussie they dont even realise nor contemplate that there club is more victorian than any victorian based club.

When did Geelong last win a flag?????

rayven said:
Leaving aside my opinion on many topics spoke in this thread, I want you to consider this.
The experienced german army got defeated at Tobruk by a inexperienced australian division and a bit did the centuries old history and accomplishments of the Germans compared to the young lads of australia's very young army mean anything during that campaign? No
Also there is a saying that needs to be said and is ever so relevant "your only as good as your last game"
on that basis port power wouldn't even justify its AFL license

PowerKop said:
Yeah aren't we lucky, just as our AFL side goes out, our SANFL side steps up to the plate, and looks like it can be a genuine premiership threat. Looks like we can still get back to back flags.

no, not "back-to-back" flags

thats the sort of small mindedness which the port simpletons have kept this thread going with

Arabian Goggles said:
I thought you bandwaggoners would jump back on the Magpies when they started doing well again. Funny how there were screams from you lot to disband them when they were missing the finals.

and don't you also find it funny how power fans claim that the magpies is in no way a part of the "port adelaide" team, because the power are now "port adelaide", yet once the power get knocked out all the "port adelaide" fans conviniently divert thier support to a different club, which was formed in 1997 and has nothing to do with the port adelaide power football club

Forzaport said:
Obsessed with Port - get over it.

for the record PAFC formed 1870, fisrt AFL season 1997.

no, the only people obsessed with port are idiots who want to defend the club even when they're wrong

go back and read the first 3 pages of this thread

decided to go back and edit this given this guy is now banned and has no right of reply!

Karbassiyoon said:
here is why adelaides history is greater;
look at adelaides rich history

* thrash the best team of the 80's in their first game
* make the finals in 1993 and go down in fokelore with thier finals series
* modra kicks the hundred on multiple occasions
* win back to back premierships in 1997 and 1998
* andrew mcleod back to back norm smith medals
* produced one of the best modern finals in the 2002 semi
* mark ricciuto wins a brownlow medal, 8 times all australian
* top of the league in a season where most considered them bottom 4

lets look at port adelaides history

* 35 premierships in an inferior competition to the AFL, one which never produced a team to genuinely rival thier dominance
* choked in 3 consecutive finals campaigns and failed to deliver with either the best or second best list in the competition
* won thier ONLY premiership in a season where the AFL screwed the brisbane lions by giving them a day less to prepare
* responsible for the collapse of SEN in south australia because not enough port fans own radios

fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back