Crows history > Port Adelaide history

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tradetable said:
why? it shouldnt' be locked until port fans get the message and concede
Because the point is mute, after 72 pages of "discussion" neither side has conceeded a point. This is bigfootys Gaza strip.

How bout you idiots get this into your 10 inch thick skulls. The PAFC AND PAMFC will ALWAYS be greater than that so-called team for all South Australians who by the way don't even let their own fans watch their training.

Port Adelaide rule, Adelaide Cows suck!

maccas_no1 said:
Had Fitzroy not merged with Brisbane, Port Power would never exist.
Oh dear, Port Power still do not exist. The Port Adelaide Football Club exists however as it did for over a hundred years prior to Fitzroy folding. What you're trying to say is that PAFC would not be fielding a team in the AFL.

And by the way 34 + 1 is still greater than 2. It's simple arithmetic, not difficult to understand until people start creating diversions.

Go Port! :)

Tradetable said:
no, the only people obsessed with port are idiots who want to defend the club even when they're wrong

go back and read the first 3 pages of this thread

I read the first 3 pages - fantastic waste of time, lots of rubbish posts. Obviously crows fans would argue their 15yrs is better than port's 135yrs - that's a no brainer. You're probably Karbassiyoon reborn anyway.

Forzaport said:
for the record PAFC formed 1870, fisrt AFL season 1997.
how is that wrong?

the adelaide crows were formed from all the other teams in the SANFL, apart from Port Adelaide

so effectively, in SANFL history

Adelaide: 75 flags
Port Adelaide: 35 flags
(everyone vs us)
In the AFL: Adelaide have had more years in the competition than us, and the score

Adelaide: 2 flags
Port Adelaide: 1 flag

At the same time in their 'careers':

Adelaide: 2 flags
Port Adelaide: 1 flag

so adelaide are clearly ahead in both SANFL, and AFL categories

The fact that ports afl list peaked at the same time the greatest ever team peaked, was unfortunate for port, but adelaide do have the runs on the board..

however, in another 5 years, port will be infront, rest assured

arrowman said:
The last time I saw a "F**K THE CROWS" T-shirt was at AAMI and the bloke was with his 12 year old daughter.

What a lovely father figure she has.
Was he a Crows supporter leaning over the side of the Crows race heaping abuse and throwing things at the Adelaide players after his side had lost to Port in a showdown a couple of years ago? I saw about 40 of those people but didn't get to read the T-shirts! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deeps said:
The fact that ports afl list peaked at the same time the greatest ever team peaked

Poor excuse. Can't see how you can say that when you lost to Collingwood twice, Hawthorn and Sydney in finals during that time.

however, in another 5 years, port will be infront, rest assured

Heard that before. Gonna this, gonna that.

Toots Hibbert said:
Was he a Crows supporter leaning over the side of the Crows race heaping abuse and throwing things at the Adelaide players after his side had lost to Port in a showdown a couple of years ago? I saw about 40 of those people but didn't get to read the T-shirts! ;)
No, but it could have been the guy on the news that was a Port supporter kicking all the bins over and screaming abuse about Williams-remember him Toots-GOLD.:D

afc9798 said:
No, but it could have been the guy on the news that was a Port supporter kicking all the bins over and screaming abuse about Williams-remember him Toots-GOLD.:D
Interesting post on two counts:-

It appears you may have been there! Were you one of the Crows supporters then, yelling abuse at your own players?

You feel the need to applaud your own post! :confused:

It is easy... Adelaide have 2 premierships and Port Adelaide has 1. That makes Adelaide twice as successful. As for those other premierships, they are a load of ********... earned in a second rate competition. Port Power have to rate their time with the big boys not pretend with their heads in the clouds.

dee_molisher said:
It is easy... Adelaide have 2 premierships and Port Adelaide has 1. That makes Adelaide twice as successful. As for those other premierships, they are a load of ********... earned in a second rate competition. Port Power have to rate their time with the big boys not pretend with their heads in the clouds.
Four national championships puts paid to that argument as it has done many times in this thread.

Forzaport said:
I read the first 3 pages - fantastic waste of time, lots of rubbish posts. Obviously crows fans would argue their 15yrs is better than port's 135yrs - that's a no brainer. You're probably Karbassiyoon reborn anyway.

how is that wrong?
reborn? karbasiyoon was a crows supporter wasn't he?

Toots Hibbert said:
Interesting post on two counts:-

It appears you may have been there! Were you one of the Crows supporters then, yelling abuse at your own players?

You feel the need to applaud your own post! :confused:
I wasn't applauding my own post, I was referring to the incident that was widely replayed on news and sports shows. You really are clutching at straws you sad old thing. Oh well at least the Magpies are still there, I can't say the same for the Panthers-again...

Toots Hibbert said:
Four national championships puts paid to that argument as it has done many times in this thread.

Oh ya. You can rule out anything from 88 and upwards - nothing like the AFL in standard of competition.

Wonder if we go back to the begining of time, what premierships people could rack up. I mean, Hawthorne must have won a few in the VFA, othersides must have chalked up plenty before the VFL was formed...

Just accept you have one premiership and that is that.

dee_molisher said:
Oh ya. You can rule out anything from 88 and upwards - nothing like the AFL in standard of competition.
Wonder if we go back to the begining of time, what premierships people could rack up. I mean, Hawthorne must have won a few in the VFA, othersides must have chalked up plenty before the VFL was formed...

Just accept you have one premiership and that is that.
Not quite following you. So the premierships won before 88 are legit and also the four national championships because they were won before 88 also. I'm sure that's not what you meant but it's what you said.

Deal with the fact that four times we took on and beat the best from Victoria in a playoff for the title of Australian Champion. Beat them comfortably too and were not the only South Australian team to do so.

(My advice to you is to deny that PAFC post 1997 has anything to do with PAFC pre 1997. ;) )

Just saying that if Port had have played the AFL and VFL premiers in 1979 1980 1981 1988 1989 1990 1992 1994 1995 1996

They would have been flogged to kingdom come. Couldn't say for anytime before that as i don't really know what the strength of the VFL sides were. But it is a safe guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back