Toast Crows pushing for 60,000 members in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not the point. Hitting up sponsors for a major F-up that not only weakened us financially but more importantly removed 3 or 4 quality kids doesn't solve the problem. We could have been in a fantastic position with the move to Adelaide Oval and the exciting group of young players that we have at the end of 2011. Failing to add to the list for 2 years will come back to bite us. Our financial position should be strong with the move to Adelaide Oval but not as good as it should be.
The list could certainly be better.

But the majority of pundits rate the Crows list very highly (no I am not condoning or trying to lessen the impacts of the loss of draft picks. I'm merely pointing out we have a damn good core list of players).

We are in a position that we need to make every goal a winner, which is why I'm also happy not to have taken risky trades on players for the sake of it.

We need to get pick 23 right and then next years draft needs to be a cracker for us.

Don't get the angst on here for people not getting excited about the 60k, as many have stated it is purely BS spin that the Vics (mostly) have been going on about for years.

Pfftttt 3 game members, pets, non attending members arer all BS and should not be counted.

This 60k is for the apricot slice brigade who can say isn't Steven doing a good job - they dont realise we have less 11 match members now than we did when he took over.

All of us on Bigfooty know these figures are rubbery hence why the agitators go "big deal" but surprisingly the apricot slice brigade still gush about it!

A better outcome from the AFC would have been "we have blocked access to the AO membership that allows you to see both Port and crows games" you want to see the AFC buy a AFC membership (or daily ticket)

Why we would agree to this type of bullshit membership plan, which is going to lead to sell outs getting 45k max crowd. (after the novelty wears off & the port supporters don't attend our games)

But that would require the AFC to stand up to the SANFL.... sorry I can't stop laughing now.

My mate AFGM and I were continually accused of being apologists for the club until Tippettgate. It has changed the attitude of a lot of AFC members including myself.

I went to my first "AGM" last year and it was a farce. It started with the orchestrated standing ovation when Trigg arrived and finished with numerous endorsements from the residents of the West Lakes Old Folks Home. There were plenty of challenging questions from the floor but Chappie deflected them beautifully. They announced that it had been another strong financial year thanks to Steven Trigg despite all KPIs going south and the club subsequently announcing a loss.

I have no doubt that corporate sales will be much stronger in 2014 but the true test of the strength of the AFC (and the PAFC) is how many people pony up the $$$$ for season tickets. This figure has declined from 48,000 to less than 40,000 under Triggy's watch (this also includes AAMI Stadium members). If it is back to 45,000 then the rejuvenation of the club has begun. The "60,000 members" is a meaningless figure and Port are claiming that they will exceed 50,000 next year, not that this guarantees that there will not be a role for the tarps.

I am just sick of the spin and I will continue to challenge these tactics. Keep this in mind when the financials for this year are announced

Just as a matter of interest, rather than asking a question off the floor at the AGM, are we allowed to put questions on notice in writing prior to the AGM and have them answered on the AGM?
If so, what is procedure and how many days notice are required?
Questions would be primarily financial questions requiring answers more in depth than conveyed in the released financial statements.

Just as a matter of interest, rather than asking a question off the floor at the AGM, are we allowed to put questions on notice in writing prior to the AGM and have them answered on the AGM?
If so, what is procedure and how many days notice are required?
Questions would be primarily financial questions requiring answers more in depth than conveyed in the released financial statements.

The NotanAGM is strictly for gold members, last year they checked membership cards to prevent the great unwashed from entering.

There was no prior agenda and no opportunity to put in a question before the meeting. It is a P.R. exercise, there was as much time spent introducing our new basketballers as discussion re Tippetgate.

From an objective perspective, Rob Chapman was outstanding, Goebels would have loved it.

so what people want is the Crows to report their membership differently to everyone else just so we can report a lower amount so that we can the have a whinge ?

Wrong. Some clubs report both figures.

Is it better to have 60,000 "members" this year but see our season ticket holders drop to 30,000? If we have 45,000 season ticket holders and 60,000 members then it will be worthy of praise. How can Chapman say we already have 50,000 members for 2014? He is assuming that all the AAMI Stadium members take up the same membership at Adelaide Oval. They haven't sent out the renewals for these members yet. He is just guessing. I hope he is correct but there is a chance that we will have less 11 game members next year than this year.

Arguing that a club owes nothing to its members, and that members shouldn't have a say has to be some of the most uniquely stupid things I have ever, ever heard.

beyond dumb
adding no value to a thread seems to be your forte.

missing the point then making a broad based statement in a failed attempt to look intelligent also appears to be something you are working on.

ultimately two strengths that a large portion of society seem to enjoy ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

adding no value to a thread seems to be your forte.

missing the point then making a broad based statement in a failed attempt to look intelligent also appears to be something you are working on.

ultimately two strengths that a large portion of society seem to enjoy ;)

And for all that, you haven't added anything further to the asinine suggestion that clubs owe nothing to their members.

And for all that, you haven't added anything further to the asinine suggestion that clubs owe nothing to their members.

as supported by the information provided by SP, our club doesn't - I wasn't suggesting it was right or proper ( actually in previous posts I have sought the opposite)

now stop cherry picking pieces of a discussion in a vain attempt to be relevant.

as supported by the information provided by SP, our club doesn't - I wasn't suggesting it was right or proper ( actually in previous posts I have sought the opposite)

now stop cherry picking pieces of a discussion in a vain attempt to be relevant.

Wait a second.... Granting members full voting rights and owing them something aren't the same things.

Arguing that a club owes nothing to its members, and that members shouldn't have a say has to be some of the most uniquely stupid things I have ever, ever heard.

beyond dumb
Thanks for your insult :thumbsu:

The club owes you nothing. The club offers you a service which you pay for. End of story

Seriously Mods - I started this thread as a celebration to potentally get 60k members and as usual its become s whingefest orchestrated by the ususl suspects. May as well close this

Wait a second.... Granting members full voting rights and owing them something aren't the same things.

that's right. They are.

at the moment, our membership limits them to owing us a team to watch on the weekends - and preferably a competitive one.

At the moment, they have absolutely no responsibility to look after our interests.

that's right. They are.

at the moment, our membership limits them to owing us a team to watch on the weekends - and preferably a competitive one.

At the moment, they have absolutely no responsibility to look after our interests.

If they have no responsibility to members, then why is it preferable for them to be competitive?

If they have no responsibility to members, then why is it preferable for them to be competitive?
to make sure you renew of course :p

and also to get buy to buy merchandise and eat lots of pies at the stadium, that is why they like fat supporters because they eat and drink more

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Crows pushing for 60,000 members in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back