Toast Crows pushing for 60,000 members in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Not arguing about season ticket holders and attendances, I'm just talking about membership numbers.

If you include the magpie memberships in 2011 it was above 2007, 2012 was above 2007 even without the magpies memberships.
...and they didn't show up hence the joke about a membership that automatically cancels....because they aren't going to be using it.......understand?

**** me drunk!

...and they didn't show up hence the joke about a membership that automatically cancels....because they aren't going to be using it.......understand?

**** me drunk!

You said it un-renews when they are not in the finals. Clearly it doesn't due to the membership numbers improving when Port are down.
Sorry to ruin your joke mate.

I wouldn't be surprised if both clubs were playing games, Port holding back members from the start of the year so they can report daily 150+ sign ups and us keeping a few thousand spare so that once Port start getting the word out that they are about to pass the Crows we can quickly put them in their place.

Or that we really just don't care too much about keeping the counter that hardly anyone would see updated.

Now Port having the leagues cheapest memberships despite apparently being one of the worlds biggest and most successful clubs is more interesting to me.

You said it un-renews when they are not in the finals. Clearly it doesn't due to the membership numbers improving when Port are down.
Sorry to ruin your joke mate.
Jesus christ you're dense.

The non-renewing is a convenience offered to all those who had memberships....but didn't use them as their renewing was clearly in error as they didn't intend to use them.

The joke isn't that the members currently don't renew, it is that they accidentally renew because they don't actually use them.

You didn't ruin the joke, you just don't get it.

Jesus christ you're dense.

The non-renewing is a convenience offered to all those who had memberships....but didn't use them as their renewing was clearly in error as they didn't intend to use them.

The joke isn't that the members currently don't renew, it is that they accidentally renew because they don't actually use them.

You didn't ruin the joke, you just don't get it.

Not all 35000 members in 2011 were season ticket holders.

Not all 35000 members in 2011 were season ticket holders.

So your point is?

Are you saying that when you had similar membership numbers in 2004, but much higher attendance, that a lot more members took the option for a season ticket - only reinforcing that your fans are bandwagoners?

Or is the ratio of season ticket holders to members fairly steady year to year, and your above comment is meaningless?

So you are admitting what I pulled you up on? Much ado about nothing?

PS You know I have nothing to do with AFC so you don't need to continue the charade.

Stick to player analysis. ;)

Hmmmm a teacher, that explains a lot.

The point, and I will say this s l o w l y is that our membership department were slack. Since they put the membership counter on the website they have only updated it occasionally. Poort Power on the other hand recognised the PR value of the increase in members (for both clubs) in the move to Adelaide Oval and made the membership counter a key part of their PR strategy. With the help of Michelangelo Scumbag they have given the casual observer the impression that Poort are doing better than the Crows on the membership front. This is just one example of our club performing poorly.

Do you consider it a bit strange that after not changing the counter for more than 3 weeks they suddenly update it almost every day? What changed other than an attack on the membership department on social media. Is it possible that someone pointed this out to Triggy and the membership guys were told to get their act together. I also believe that they were told to update the site for the flood of members in the last 2 weeks rather than waiting a couple of weeks to get a round tuit. We have been getting our arse kicked in the media battle and whilst it is a bit late, I am delighted that we are now making an effort.

What has happened in the last 10 days supports my initial criticism, it doesn't negate it.

Now I'm on a roll, the Charlie Campaign, the Membership Campaign, I working on the Jarryd Lyons Campaign to get the trifecta.

Hmmmm a teacher, that explains a lot.

The point, and I will say this s l o w l y is that our membership department were slack. Since they put the membership counter on the website they have only updated it occasionally. Poort Power on the other hand recognised the PR value of the increase in members (for both clubs) in the move to Adelaide Oval and made the membership counter a key part of their PR strategy. With the help of Michelangelo Scumbag they have given the casual observer the impression that Poort are doing better than the Crows on the membership front. This is just one example of our club performing poorly.

Do you consider it a bit strange that after not changing the counter for more than 3 weeks they suddenly update it almost every day? What changed other than an attack on the membership department on social media. Is it possible that someone pointed this out to Triggy and the membership guys were told to get their act together. I also believe that they were told to update the site for the flood of members in the last 2 weeks rather than waiting a couple of weeks to get a round tuit. We have been getting our arse kicked in the media battle and whilst it is a bit late, I am delighted that we are now making an effort.

What has happened in the last 10 days supports my initial criticism, it doesn't negate it.

Now I'm on a roll, the Charlie Campaign, the Membership Campaign, I working on the Jarryd Lyons Campaign to get the trifecta.

The problem is that no matter what happens "it always points to you being right". And you are never wrong.........

...............In your own very humble opinion.

But this is an internet forum.... no better place for "look at me" posts.

Tealsters in such a tizz about our membership they had to lock ther thread about it.

Malibu#27 did you try to purchase an 11 game membership for us that was not Essential Crows? Appears to me these are sold out.

Essential Crows/Power will never sell out as the unallocated seatin component of these can be oversubscribed. Have a look at the back of your ticket it will say "subject to capacity". Meaning once the Western Stand is full.they will turn away unallocated Essential members.

In theory both clubs can have 100,000+ of these members.

The reality is membership numbers are rubbish. We could.claim over 100,000 members if we counted access to our SANFL games as Port do.

Yeah I did, and I could. Basically non reserved seat 11 game memberships available. Gold/silver says to ring club so i didn't as id already proved the guy I was responding to was wrong.

Frankly I couldn't give a **** how many each club has sold in a pissing contest. Its good both clubs are doing well, but when someone posts obvious lies that I can prove, I enjoy proving it. (Ie he then replied trying to say essential crows were set seating.... which they aren't)

While I take on board your comments re members tickets my understanding is there is still a maximum.... just like there is for the cricket. .. whether that number is greater than 100% I don't know, but I'd guess it would be as you can model % that dont turn up each week.... capacity can he blown by excessive guest pass purchasing as well.

This whole membership 'race' thing is possibly one of THE funniest things I've ever read. I've never seen a club get their knickers in so much of a knot over the stupidest, and mostly irrelevant things. Little brother syndrome is well and truly shining through here.

And what makes it even funnier is that we don't 'actually' care and understand the real reasons behind membership numbers.

I LOVE how they accuse us of doing this because they are only 200 behind us, and we never want to see them in front. But yet, while sitting top of the ladder and playing last year's grand finalists, only 38,000 of these so called "members" and loyal scum could come crawling out of their hole to jump on the bandwagon down to the ol' 'Portress.' Classic!

Port logic
Counting members with access to 1 Crows game - bad
Counting members with access to 0 Power games - great!

Haha, don't even get me started, unbelievable. The standard Port fan in a nutshell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My apologies to you guys, clearly the strategy was to troll Michelangelo Scumbag. Let the Poort ones gradually creep up on us and then BANG, blow them out of the water.

Sounds exactly like the Showdown. Thanks for bringing back great memories. :p

Can't wait to see the final numbers after the AFL do the audit after June 30, Port's numbers will go down by 3500-4000 as that is roughly what the Magpies had last year.

Don't forget according to the audited AFL records Port DID NOT break 40,000 members last year, just check Wookies table for proof.

The thing I find hilarious is that they are saying our membership numbers are bloated by one game memberships yet we still have sold the most 11 game memberships in the AFL. So I would like to know what is bloating their membership numbers if we have more 11 game members than them ;)

Oh we talking memories?

Hmmm...
07 Grand Final
first home win for GWS
first win for the Suns
2011 - 3 wins for the season

nah will have to think on it for a while :D
I think you missed the classic of them all - the 3/4 time exit of teal from the dream final….a favourite of mine:)

Yeah I did, and I could. Basically non reserved seat 11 game memberships available. Gold/silver says to ring club so i didn't as id already proved the guy I was responding to was wrong.

Frankly I couldn't give a **** how many each club has sold in a pissing contest. Its good both clubs are doing well, but when someone posts obvious lies that I can prove, I enjoy proving it. (Ie he then replied trying to say essential crows were set seating.... which they aren't)

While I take on board your comments re members tickets my understanding is there is still a maximum.... just like there is for the cricket. .. whether that number is greater than 100% I don't know, but I'd guess it would be as you can model % that dont turn up each week.... capacity can he blown by excessive guest pass purchasing as well.
Quite a section of reserved seating in essential Crows.
Not surprised they are trying to sell it as opposed to freeing it up again. Costs more too.

Oh but they would never leave a game early ;)
can confirm - was sitting wthin the tealster cheer squad

was half empty in the last quarter

Who cares whether people leave early?

They paid for their seats, they can come and go whenever they like.

I agree, but we have been subjected to a flood of posts from the mob down the road castigating us for having fans leave early this year. Even some Crows' posters have had a go.
Anyone with eyes can see that it happens at all one-sided games across the league.

It's not over until the field umpire calls for full time.
And you can have a number count and a score swiped at anytime.
What if we got a 19th person on the field vs Freo in 09. Could've been swiped and it finises 13-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Crows pushing for 60,000 members in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back