Cyril Rioli retires

Remove this Banner Ad

That's nonsense.

Why can't any player, Tim Kelly for example just retire, not sign that form and then sign with West Coast as a dfa.
Because Kelly hasn't given enough years to be a free agent

That's nonsense.

Why can't any player, Tim Kelly for example just retire, not sign that form and then sign with West Coast as a dfa.

FA require at least 7 years of service to qualify, re Kelly.

You are not "retired" until you sign the form. Thus Cyril can still qualify as a FA, and possibly a delisted one if the Hawks sent through the paperwork.

I didn't like how Hartung moved to North last year. Rejected a contract from the Hawks, thus forced his delisting, and then went late in the draft.

FA require at least 7 years of service to qualify, re Kelly.

You are not "retired" until you sign the form. Thus Cyril can still qualify as a FA, and possibly a delisted one if the Hawks sent through the paperwork.

I didn't like how Hartung moved to North last year. Rejected a contract from the Hawks, thus forced his delisting, and then went late in the draft.
Hartung is different as he was out of contract and went through the draft. Cyril I believe had a contract for next year before he called it quits. If that's the case Hawthorn should still hold his rights if he chooses to return to the AFL. If he wants to play elsewhere a trade should need to be done or a agreement with Hawthorn that suits both parties.

Hartung is different as he was out of contract and went through the draft. Cyril I believe had a contract for next year before he called it quits. If that's the case Hawthorn should still hold his rights if he chooses to return to the AFL. If he wants to play elsewhere a trade should need to be done or a agreement with Hawthorn that suits both parties.
Player trades are over. Only picks can be traded now.

That's nonsense.

I think Tim Kelly’s contract would stop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if Hawthorn have delisted Cyril? That is the only way that Sam's tweet makes any sense.

I know Hartung is different to Cyril. If he wanted a better contract he should have sought a trade. It is similar to how Ball moved to the Pies.

Yeah if I was back with family at Tiwi I'm sure dotting some I's and crossing T's on some bullshit AFL paperwork would be at the front of mind.

The manager takes care of all that... so the fact Cyril hasn't signed his retirement papers leaves the door open and can only mean possible good news for Hawthorn. Perhaps he doesn't want to shut the door completely.

What if Hawthorn have delisted Cyril? That is the only way that Sam's tweet makes any sense.

I know Hartung is different to Cyril. If he wanted a better contract he should have sought a trade. It is similar to how Ball moved to the Pies.
If we lodged our list without him on it but he didn't sign his retirement form it would probably equate to a delisting.

Sounds like he's going to sign it and it would only matter if he actually wanted to play for another club anyway

I hope he goes to another club just to see the salt of the Hawks fans

If we lodged our list without him on it but he didn't sign his retirement form it would probably equate to a delisting.

Sounds like he's going to sign it and it would only matter if he actually wanted to play for another club anyway

It is all very curious.

The PA are probably waiting for the paperwork to send him his post career payments.. but he don't care. Cyril is above money.

your manhood is about to be tested.. ... and not just by me.. shutter brain...
He hasn’t even signed for another club yet and this is the material we’re getting...can’t wait to see what we get when he actually sign :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyril Rioli retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back