Cyril Rioli retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Because Kelly hasn't given enough years to be a free agent
Nah, it's because Hawthorn have officially delisted a contracted player. If Geelong officially delisted Kelly under the assumption he had retired then it would be a Mal Michael situation but because he hasn't then it's a clean delisted free agent situation.

Hawthorn had made it clear that if a player wants to move they facilitate it though.

He hasn’t even signed for another club yet and this is the material we’re getting...can’t wait to see what we get when he actually sign :$

He's a 4 time premiership player and a club legend. In his 10 year career he's achieved more than the overwhelming majority of players to ever play the game, and he did it in exciting fashion. He owes the club and the fans nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont make insecure excuses and switch things away from Cyril, in a thread about Cyril.

Not everyone gets caught up in the hype. Kicked 11 in 12 games against us. Many dud big games with Smith on him.
Kicked 40 goals a season twice. :think:
34, 21, 27, 29, 39, 19, 20...and hyped to hell. THEN had his two best returns of 42 and 47, followed by 5 and 2. In reality we arnt talking big numbers in anyone's book.
22 goals in 18 finals. Yeah, i dunno :think:. Thats not exactly huge either, is it. Great that he got to play so many big games though.

Great tackler sure and damn quick...but everytime a tackle is made it "brings the rest of the team into the game".
Falls more into the class of "its not what you do, its the way you do it".

Always seemed a nice enough bloke, and played plenty of great games.
Hahaha

Nick Smith... 211 anonymous games and zero Brownlow votes :$
His highlight reel would be on of the world's shortest videos. Don't blink, or you might miss it.

Apart from 7 or 8,000 thousand Swans tragics, nobody would even know what he looked like

I can just see the collective shrug from the football world on the day that he announces his retirement

"Nick who?" they'll say. "Oh yeah, that back pocket scrub. I thought he was delisted 3 years ago. Well played, I guess. lol"

Last edited:
I hope he goes to another club just to see the salt of the Hawks fans
Who cares? I see people posting about "delicious salty tears" on the such and such board, but is there really any gratification in reading the angst from the mental short people who sook it up on Big Footy's club forums? It sounds cool in theory, but how anyone can last more than a couple of minutes is beyond me.

I've watched Sam Mitchell play for West Coast, Jordan Lewis play for Melbourne and Luke muthufarkin Hodge still playing for the Lions. If anything, I enjoy watching them eke out out as many games as they can with another club. I cheer them on and hope they don't embarrass themselves. I never really understood the whole "one club" fetish from infantile fans who prefer to see their champ retire than kick on elsewhere for another year or two.

Last edited:
Hahaha

His highlight reel would be on of the world's shortest videos. Don't blink, or you might miss it.

Apart from 7 or 8,000 thousand Swans tragics, nobody would even know what he looked like

I can just see the collective shrug from the football world on the day that he announces his retirement

"Nick who?" they'll say. "Oh yeah, that back pocket scrub. I thought he was delisted 3 years ago. Well played, I guess. lol"
I see. So you believe anonymous shit players would routinely make Cyril their bitch.
Interesting take on it...and here was i thinking Cyril was a bit better than that.

Your ability to shoot yourself in the foot reminds me of that old fanboi Chewy.
Would you like to confirm you aint him ?

I see. So you believe anonymous shit players would routinely make Cyril their bitch.
Interesting take on it...and here was i thinking Cyril was a bit better than that.

Your ability to shoot yourself in the foot reminds me of that old fanboi Chewy.
Would you like to confirm you aint him ?
None of it matters to me, Bollox

I've just been overjoyed to watch my Hawks win more premierships than I can count on my fingers and at the same time, watch them drive you Swans fans crazy with win after win after win after win.

The more you obsess and gnash your teeth and post shit in every Hawk thread, the more I laugh.

Sydney Swans are Hawthorn's bitches. Fact.

Hahaha

Tough gig being the best small back in the league.

None of it matters to me, Bollox

I've just been overjoyed to watch my Hawks win more premierships than I can count on my fingers
No way you're over 40 Chewy

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyril Rioli retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back