Cyril Rioli

Should Cyril Play Next Week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gets dropped for Rioli?

Based on what I saw today, no. Forget his running fitness, his touch is just too far off. And that was just in a VFL game. Let alone an AFL Grand Final against Sydney.

And to those saying "play him as the sub", if he can't play 4 quarters he doesn't play. What happens if a Hawk goes down in the first 5 minutes? You can't take risk like that in a final, let alone a Grand Final.

Yes, and not as sub.

His presence demands respect even if he isn't 100%. Will likely get Smith going to him which has the flow on effect of letting Breust get free or at least have a less talented defender.

Went at half rat power today.

The intensity will go up a long long way next week. For a bloke with dodgy hammys it'll be a big risk to take him in.

Interesting selections for Hawthorn this week.

It would be crazy to play him as the sub.... It will take him too long to get into the game after such a long time out and it would be a complete disaster if he came on when the game was in the balance and only lasted five minutes.... Game over...
Start him on the ground and tell him to go for it. If his hamstring goes then bring on the sub and the Hawks are still in it.
I don't think he should play...

Play him at FB against Tippett.

Please.

I'd rather he didn't play. Which means Hawthorn should play him - probably as the Sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love for him to play- he didn't seem to sprint at all from the bits I saw, didn't run out the game and didn't seem to play great even when playing? If he plays in the Grand Final he'll get shown up for lack of fitness and touch and that's if he doesn't break down. He doesn't have the best grand final record either way

I clicked yes because I'm a Cats noob living up to the reputation of supposedly hating Hawks but in all seriousness, no they shouldn't.

An underdone Rioli, and they probably will also roll the dice on Lewis will be too much too carry against Swans midfield.

I would bring in Sewell ahead of Rioli, too much risk.

Disagree about the sub. He should start in a fwd pocket allowing Bruest and Poupolo to play further up the ground (flank/midfield).

Rioli was born to play as a fwd. This is where he is most damaging. Could easily kick a bag of 3-4 and make a major contribution without having a huge amount of preparation. Im sure Sydney wouldn't like the prospect of Cyril lurking about their backline. Add to this the fact that Hale may spend more time in the fwd line if McEvoy gets named then youre back to the full strength #1 fwd line in the league.... Rough, Gunston, Hale, Bruest, Poppy and Cyril. Very very Scary!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyril Rioli

Back