Cyril Rioli

Should Cyril Play Next Week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My bad, in that case noone goes to Rioli based on todays game, and if he actually plays well one of Bird or Cunningham rotate onto him.
No one until he proves he's playing well which would mean contributing at least one goal? SOLD!

Like I said, his presence demands respect. Let him run free or put your last choice defender on him at your peril.

Disagree about the sub. He should start in a fwd pocket allowing Bruest and Poupolo to play further up the ground (flank/midfield).

Rioli was born to play as a fwd. This is where he is most damaging. Could easily kick a bag of 3-4 and make a major contribution without having a huge amount of preparation. Im sure Sydney wouldn't like the prospect of Cyril lurking about their backline. Add to this the fact that Hale may spend more time in the fwd line if McEvoy gets named then youre back to the full strength #1 fwd line in the league.... Rough, Gunston, Hale, Bruest, Poppy and Cyril. Very very Scary!
Massive respect for Cyril love to watch him play but he was so far off the mark today it was sad. Don't pick him, go with Hartung as a sub.

Looked absolutely shithouse today.

Not fit enough. What's the point in making him go 100% even though he hasn't gone 100% since arguably the start of this season?

Too much risk for injury, and not worth having an elite player missing a whole preseason after going into a grand final not fit and injuring himself again.

Get him right for next year.

He's one of those players who could easily do very little for the majority of the game and then kick three in the space of 5 minutes and turn the game on its head. I didn't see the VFL but I agree with all those who say that he commands respect and therefore a good defender. It's a tricky proposition because if Hawks don't play him and lose, the question will be asked if he would have made the difference. If he plays but (a) gets injured early or (b) doesn't have a large impact then it will be, "oh what a bad decision, to play an underdone player who didn't even do much in the VFL the week before."

I would be nervous if he played though as someone else has already posted, the Hawks can and have beaten Sydney without him....

Sad to think that he might be one of those players who is always talked about in the "if only he could have got his body right" bracket. (Not that he hasn't already achieved a lot).

However, within 7 days he would of taken a box hill players spot and possibly a Hawthorn players spot in a game where he could break down in the first 5 mins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard footballer on hard footballer. It is what is needed by the hawks on Saturday.

Face it..they have enough run on the outside with Hill for starters.
From what I have seen from Sewell this year there is a reason he was left out yesterday. I would be very confident that Kennedy would have him covered 9 games out of 10.

I wouldn't be picking him, not enough run in the legs and too big a risk for this game.

I am not a Hawks supporter so i would defer to their better judgement.

I wouldn't be picking him, not enough run in the legs and too big a risk for this game.

I am not a Hawks supporter so i would defer to their better judgement.
Yeah, Im sure Clarkson has his team already picked. Just speculating at the moment until it gets announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyril Rioli

Back