D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: R.I.P Didaka

RIP to a brave Collingwood 6 footer.
Most of us only knew you from your words.
But you were tougher than Tuddy mate.
A heart bigger than Shawry
As inspirational as Daics.
Side by Side.

banner.php

Re: In memory of Didaka

First, the renaming of the Bigfooty MVP in honour of Brent/Didaka is a "no brainer", especially seeing as at the moment it basically has a "joke" as it's title.

Next, any award at the end of season award ceremony would be great, but I'd vote for the "Poster of the year", as it is the most "prestigious" of the awards, and would honour Brent/Didaka in the best way, although Swoop's idea above is just as, if not better then any award that currently exists.

I really hope the club does something this week in honour of Brent, no matter what that is, even if it is just a mention in one of the previews leading up to the game, because we as supporters are the lifeblood of the club, and Brent seems to be as big of a real supporter of this club as any.

Still shattered by the news, I was hoping to see him respond in the thread in the Nest in the next few days, and was shattered when I came home form my Dad's 60th Birthday last night and read the news.

My thoughts and prayers are with Brents' family and friends, I hope they have discovered the effect he had on this place, and take some pride out of that, he truly was a remarkable young man.

Very sad news indeed. I remember reading Didaka's post after we won the GF & how positive he sounded. A life taken far too soon. I'm glad at least that he got to experience that long awaited Premiership. RIP Didaka, you will be missed.

Very sad news indeed. I remember reading Didaka's post after we won the GF & how positive he sounded. A life taken far too soon. I'm glad at least that he got to experience that long awaited Premiership. RIP Didaka, you will be missed.

I'm sitting on a train going home and I just teared up reading this thread, I don't remember the last time I teared up

Didaka will be forever remembered.

Mods please sticky this and the d day thread

RIP Didaka, mods can we do something this week to honor this poster? He was not merely just a fly by night guy and we should honor and respect him, there are bigger things then football sometimes

Did Didaka post on Nicks? It would be well worth someone taking his inspirational story there. Many side by side supporters who would be inspired by his story and who get things done, and the forum is read by quite a few club people.

We dont play the Peter Mac Cup for nothing. Its for people like Didaka. He was who its all about. If the club thought his courage would help one other person, Im sure theyd think of some way to respect his memory.

I'm sitting on a train going home and I just teared up reading this thread, I don't remember the last time I teared up

Didaka will be forever remembered.

Mods please sticky this and the d day thread

Agreed, Opti. Keep the D-Day thread. It's a big part of the Pies BF forum.

I'd suggest a board signature of:

RIP Didaka - Side by Side Forever

If we're all so upset, imagine how his poor family and Emma must be feeling. We have to take consolation from the fact that he touched all our lives.

RIP Didaka. I can only now hope you are in a place with no pain, no problems and no more worries. I'm not religious but have always believed that when your dealt a bad deal in life you come back again to a better one in the future. Alas Didaka you will be back one day in the future playing or supporting the pies.

I didn't know this guy but it's sad and I wish all the very best for his family.

I lost my mother to this disease. I know what it's like to watch somebody you love go through such a terrible thing. The posts I read on the first page are a tribute to how tough this guy was to not let the disease bring him down - alot of people who have let it consume them.

I like the idea of renaming the board MVP award after him. It gives the name a real personal spin on it, gives the award a heritage and is a great tribute to a guy who was an important part of the forum for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R.I.P Didaka

Just reading his story has provided inspiration to me and a lot of others. I don't know him, I've never met him, but through BF and his thread in the Nest I've followed his story through the highs and lows. When I found out the news this morning it really did cast a shadow over my day. We are all better for knowing the poster, too bad I never got to know the man.

At least he got to go out on a high seeing his beloved Magpies at the top of their game.

Not sure if the Club will be willing to take away the attention from the Diggers by wearing black arm bands, maybe they could do it during our next game.
In any case, posters in touch with a Club should let them know and maybe someone will come up for his funeral.

I have deleted most of my messages from Didaka, one I have kept is from the Grand Final, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded me sharing this:

Seriously when Swan put that goal through I thought that finally it had all been worth while, the fight to see this, I can't believe that we did it, I say we because I was apart of it. The feeling today will last forever.

RIP Brent.

Truly an inspirational and insightful young man with the maturity and outlook far surpassing his age.

Condolences to Emma and his family.

Rest easy champ.

Damn, Ive read his D-Day thread.
Whatever happens on ANZAC Day and even if get flogged there are more important things in life

RIP Didaka (Brent)

The post from the 31st of October 2008 is seriously the best piece of writing I have ever read.
Never met him personally, but he seriously came across on here as an amazing human being.
Again R.I.P mate.

R.I.P DIDAKA, Condolences 2 ur family, friends & collingwood bigfooty counter parts!!
I must say though losing a life is sad but losing a young life with all ur future ahead of u hits hard & it is absolutely awesome to see everyone across the bigfooty community no matter what team u barrick for putting aside team rivallries 2 get together & pay tribute to a fellow enthusiast of the game we love so much!!
Glad u could see ur beloved pies win the big 1 before ur time:thumbsu:

I logged on tonight just to kill some hours and my heart absolutely sank when I saw the title of this tread. I never met Didaka but always kept on top of his threads hoping to always hear some great news from such an inspirational person. I am so gutted and can't stop crying. Makes you definitely put your own life into perspective.

My deepest condolences go out to Brent's family and loved ones.

Karen

Remove this Banner Ad

D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back