D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the concern and best wishes.

I will attack this the only way I know how, and the same way I went about playing football. Head down and bum up all the way winning the hard ball all day long.

There's more to life than health, and that happens to be football :D, and I ain't goin nowhere until I see another premiership cup held up by a bloke wearing black and white on the last weekend in September, and judging on yesterdays performance that may be 50 years, so get used to me, I ain't going anywhere.

Gah :(
Such a poignant post. He battled for as long as he could, glad he got to see the gold.

Going in for the almighty, all showing PET scan tomorrow guys. Time to work out what's going on and give me every chance to live a happy life.

No matter what the prognosis on Friday I'm ready to take this on. I'm getting a lot of deep pain so I'm looking forward to diagnosis and getting this node out because I'm extremely sore.

Wish me luck. Luv ya's:D

:heart:

:heart: you too buddy.

Re: In Memory of Didaka

I joined up on BF a fair while ago i spose, i very rarely post but i read the pies board everyday so i have seen quite a few of Didaka's post, as well as others of course.

I read his thread from the time he found out he had cancer and he was pretty inspirational i thought, he seemed like a real good guy and he loved his pies, so its sad to hear he was taken so young

I didnt know the bloke but i wish i had

R.I.P

Re: R.I.P Didaka

Sad news, condolences to family and friends,

Just such a great thing that he managed to fight long enough and hard enough to see his beloved magpies prevail before he finally succumbed -You have left a brave legacy on these very boards Didaka, you are part of the Collingwood story, Forever Collingwood

If there is anyone here the knows of the funeral details for Didaka, could they please PM me. I believe it's tomorrow. Thanks - Karen

just got back online and found out this awful news
kept abreast of his struggles and his battle is truly inspirational
I now know of 4 people how have lost the battle of cancer in the prime of their lives, 3 school friends aged only 26, 29 and 31 when they passed and now didaka. It is hideous and atrocious and puts my health issues in to perspective
my aunty is battling cancer so im about to get on the phone to see how she is doing
will miss your insightful and intelligent posting didaka

Rest in Peace and condolences to everyone this has touched

Trav

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I saw on Sunday that Didaka had passed I felt an awful shock. It really has affected me significantly since then and I've found myself thinking of him a lot today.

It was shocking as in my mind he was always going to beat the disease due to his attitude, courage and strength.

What I am sure of though is that he faced his passing with the same attitude, courage and strength and that now he is at peace.

His legacy to me will be that from now on when I think of cancer and when I think of courage I will think of this person called Brent who I have no idea what he looked like. He called himself Didaka, had a great sense of humour and shared his battle with all of us.

Who would have thought that a forum for footy nerds could be so inspirational.

RIP mate.

Shattered.... absolutely ****** Shattered...

Whatever we say, whatever ever we do
Can never be enough when we see what you have been through.

RIP Didaka - Side By Side Forever

Just spent the last hour or so reading this whole thread all over again. God, it makes things like a bad day at work or a disagreement with a friend seem so small in comparison.

Brent you were so brave through all your trials, I think that is the sign of a truly great man. You won't be forgotten anytime soon. Condolences to all who knew and loved you.

R.I.P

Hi all

I have written and submitted a piece for the Nick Maxwell blog - just awaiting approval/publishing and I'll let you know when it's available.

FWIW there's already been a lot of stuff in the background happening with the club recognising Brent - we are truly lucky to have such people running the organisation and making the smaller (but ultimately bigger) things count.

Followed the link, wanted to say what a nicely written tribute Sherriff, really touching.

I posted this in the player sponsorship thread but how would people feel about donating the left over sponsorship money to a cancer charity in didaka's honour? Those who didn't put in for the sponsorship could still add more to the donation?

It's a good way to honour Brent and hopefully it can help save some lives. Just a thought :)

Remove this Banner Ad

D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back