D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DG-Man said:
Yeo was BOG on weekend.

The incident was the worst i have ever seen in Amatuer footy. I would give hin 6-8 weeks

Na, only joking. Didn't see it. Was not there. A little chilly and the DG had a large party on Saturday night that needed an appropriate lead up (aka afternoon snooze!)

Yeo will be missed if he cops the wrath of the tribunal. As we all know, it is better to just cop the prescribed penalty than try and get off at the tribunal, unless you have some video footage which clearly shows umpire stinkability!

Only 6 more weeks to go. Big games next week are the YV vs BT clash and the OM's vs Rupo game. OM's were obviously very average against the OC on Saturday, however they are a little like Freo. Very hard to beat at home. And hopeless away. It will take Rupo about 90 minutes to get out to Keysborough. And they will be coming up against a team who will undoubtedly have been put through the ringer for such an insipid performance. Tough one for Rupo! A must win game. Can they do it???
If not, YV are set to pounce. They will be very hard to beat at the Domeney. Yet BT have not lost away this entire season. A real toss of the coin game. I'm leaning YV's way, but will wait to hear any further goss from all you punters.

Go D1!

BT being undefeated away so far is pretty impressive given that finals are played away, they have 3 more games to go undefeated away in the season: YV, OM , OC

Not to many would pencil in all 3 of those games, but I guess they beat Rupo and OG away so who knows would be an amazing accomplishment can it be done? Does it really matter?

Last time round after qtr time YV kicked 3-4 goals to BT 14-16 or something like that, BT far more disciplined for mine, however the YV ground is an absolute disgrace so you never know.
Is that so.

Not tipping yet though want to see what others do (closing in on the leaders again):D :D :D

Is that so said:
As much as I'd like to oblige it would take intimate knowledge of each club to provide insight of any substance, whilst i watch a lot of D1 and read the VAFA website , I do not know any club that well, any way here are some thoughts (only thoughts):

Parton , Maslin, Collins, Tiras - OC
Tulloch, Mathews, Chivers, Barker -BT
Bayles, Casboult, Vickers-Willis, McKenzie - OG
Collins, West, Brennan and ? - Rupo
Valoppi, LeCordeier, Drew, Yeo - YV
Twentywan, Palmer, Basile, Cleeve - OM
Foster -Knight, Bannister, Harmes, Bannister - TP
LeClerc, Buckle, D'amico, Baranello - ESL
Gayfer, Gray, Shepherd, Tsingaris - Ban
Radywonik, Ballard, Northway, - Prahran

Fair thoughts!
Bain, White and Keem likely, along with a few others. Its a hard one. Would of liked to have seen a D1 team of the half year from a balance point of view.

Is that so said:
Last time round after qtr time YV kicked 3-4 goals to BT 14-16 or something like that, BT far more disciplined for mine, however the YV ground is an absolute disgrace so you never know.
Remember seeing a bit of that game. BT decided to pull their fingers out and stromed home. I called YV last week and at their ground this week anything could happen, but i still think bullants can lift another gear at the moment their in 3rd and doing the job.

Archangel17 said:
depends a bit on what you think a raw Talent means.. i think raw talent refers more to unmoulded talent like Scicko and Howgate-- rather than seasoned stars like the VW( radywonik is my one exception).that is all personal though.

For the comp overall it is far more difficult
Smartest Collins(Rupo)
Most Skilled White(OC)
Raw Talent Scicko (Banyule)
Up and Comer J Bannister(Therry)
but that is a very hard call on all. There are a lot of great up and comers with Banyule, Rupertswood and OC in particular having a lot of strong youngsters..
Its a tough one , but I would like to weigh in if I may. Al Parton is a gun, an absolute standout in the grade as a player and a bloke.How many other blokes in the comp could kick 5 goals in an A Grade flag at 18 years of age , the guys a jet and clearly a stand out.White was taken high in the draft by the tigers, around the same time they drafted Fiora ahead of Pavlich go figure.Luke Power told me Jogger White was as good a talent as he played with as a junior but he was like Chris Tarrant , he just didn't give a **** about the game....... what a shame because he has talent to burn

Quietly Confident said:
Its a tough one , but I would like to weigh in if I may. Al Parton is a gun, an absolute standout in the grade as a player and a bloke.How many other blokes in the comp could kick 5 goals in an A Grade flag at 18 years of age , the guys a jet and clearly a stand out.White was taken high in the draft by the tigers, around the same time they drafted Fiora ahead of Pavlich go figure.Luke Power told me Jogger White was as good a talent as he played with as a junior but he was like Chris Tarrant , he just didn't give a **** about the game....... what a shame because he has talent to burn

Quietly Confident did you wake up at 1.30am from a wet dream about you in a 3 way with Parton and White and have to get onto big footy to relieve the tension? Agree with the thoughts but tone it down a bit, remember amateur football is family football, not that their is anything wrong with that.

Hey Too Old Too Slow (TOTS),

Are you Stafford from Prahran? Thought since you have apparently only joined after Is That So gave Stafford a pasting about being too old etc that maybe it was you jumping in to throw a few counter punches?

Ha ha ha ha ha To old Too Slow....... Bravo!

I am sick of hearing all about how much of a good bloke and great player Parton is...... he ain't playing A grade no more because he ain't up to that standard anymore!!!! simple. Stop telling us how good he was in A Grade, he was just another player!

I admit at D Grade Parton is a good player, but I would much rather have big Leigh Brennan or even bannister at FF than Parton. Parton is about as agile as a double decker bus these days.

Too Old Too Slow (TOTS) said:
Quietly Confident did you wake up at 1.30am from a wet dream about you in a 3 way with Parton and White and have to get onto big footy to relieve the tension? Agree with the thoughts but tone it down a bit, remember amateur football is family football, not that their is anything wrong with that.

I actually found the information about White pretty interesting....I thought it was a good post.

I Love Sandra Sully said:
Ha ha ha ha ha To old Too Slow....... Bravo!

I am sick of hearing all about how much of a good bloke and great player Parton is...... he ain't playing A grade no more because he ain't up to that standard anymore!!!! simple. Stop telling us how good he was in A Grade, he was just another player!

I admit at D Grade Parton is a good player, but I would much rather have big Leigh Brennan or even bannister at FF than Parton. Parton is about as agile as a double decker bus these days.

Dolly aint playing A-Grade as he choose to come back and play for his old school team. He is a much better player today, than what he was as an 18 year old at Old Xavs. And being only 24/25?, will peak in the coming 5 years.
In D-Grade he is a standout, not just a "good player". He has kicked 45 goals spending as much time on the ball as he does at FF.
Stop crying Sandra, 5th will be a good result for your guys this year!

You cannot be serious... Dolly only 24 or 25!!!! He looks about 35. He will reak havoc on D (and C) grades for years to come. The standout forward in the league (in the presence of some other very good forwards). D1 seems to have some very good full forwards.

King Woodie said:
You cannot be serious... Dolly only 24 or 25!!!! He looks about 35. He will reak havoc on D (and C) grades for years to come. The standout forward in the league (in the presence of some other very good forwards). D1 seems to have some very good full forwards.

That they do Woodie. Big Al is a gun. 45 goals, and spending so much time up the ground. The Big Hyphen from OGS (Vickers-Willis) has had a celebrated career in front of the sticks. This year he has been down a little however. OM's rely on Twentyman (37) and Basile (29) to kick their winning scores. BT have a new young fellow called Dean Matthews who's slotted 28. Keem (27), Brennan (20) and Bannister (30) from only 8 games are other key forwards. Williams from BT has 25.
I'm sure the OC hope that Dolly terrorises C and B grade over the next half a dozen years. And maybe (Just for you Sandra) he can play A-Grade footy once again.

I notice no early tips this week. It seems everyone is waiting for the first move. Things are getting tight and tense at the top.

Cheers - DG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Woodie said:

Last time I played in D1 there were 2 full-forwards (Bomber James from BT and A Rosen from Ajax) who both kicked over 100 goals, and both lined up in the GF opposite each other. Now thats "some very good full forwards"!..:thumbsu:

Parton is a gun- no question about it. He would be a gun in any VAFA grade.

And TOTS, if you are Stafford, I was actually going to compliment you on seemingly playing some good footy lately. If you're not Stafford, then any chance of some some hints on your identity?

This forum is killing me- can't get work done anymore.

What about Chivers Guy's????

I have played on both men and found Chivers to be a better player, much more explosive than Parton. I don't think either would be a gun in A grade!!!!

URRRGHHHH STOP!!!!!!!

Not another Chivers v Parton discussion. This talk on Parton is not about trying to find the best player in our comp. He was just brought up by Quietly Confident who amongst other things on the OC was commenting on Archangel 17's summation as White being the most skilled.

It is always good banter commenting on the guns of our section, but the Chivers vs Parton argument has been done to death. :)

:p
DG-Man said:
URRRGHHHH STOP!!!!!!!

Not another Chivers v Parton discussion. This talk on Parton is not about trying to find the best player in our comp. He was just brought up by Quietly Confident who amongst other things on the OC was commenting on Archangel 17's summation as White being the most skilled.

It is always good banter commenting on the guns of our section, but the Chivers vs Parton argument has been done to death. :)
I agree.. please note that the question that i answered in no way asked for the "best" player.. it asked for the most skilled and in that i stick by White. It may be a very different argument for best.. would rate Collins and Parton marginally ahead of White. Remember also that this observation is an opinion based on seeing them play twice each, if i saw them week in week out it may be different.

Parton is better than helmet head....end of conversation.

I am a fan of the brand power bird Thorpedo!! it would seem you have an eye for detail!!

Another one who would be welcome in ILSS's sack is the hot piece of prime A grade beef in the ad with Leigh matthews.... selling houses for Metricon or something?!?!

Other honarable mentions goto:
- Girls in the pink on deal or no deal.
- Gainsville girl... (the one who sits on the couches with her cans hanging out the side of the piece of cotton she is dressed in) Brilliant ad!!

OK lets get things started with the great ladies tips:
BT over Yarra
OC over Therry
Rupo over OM
Banyule over Stleos
OG over two blues

Another big round which should show us exactly where a few teams are at.
ILSS you are a goose! Parton is a gun - leave it at that. Coming back to help his mates get out of D grade is a great thing to do and for his sake i hope he can.

BT over yarra by 2 points. Big game yarra are the danger of the competition.
OC will smash therry and get them closer to relegation.
Rupo to stay in touch with the four over OMs
St Leos to put Banyule a bees away from relegation
OG over Prahran - A year to forget for the two blues.

Things are starting to sort themselves out, top two are pretty much settled, you would think OG will take third and forth only out of two teams. Rupo should get there but yarra will not give up without a fight. If they win this week over my ants then it will make things interesting.

Finals at Box Hill will be very interesting!
D1scribe still got no idea!!!!

Well said bullant - Sandra, if you don't rate Dolly, try lining up on him in a few weeks time! After you've been 'bench pressed' by him once or twice, see what you reckon then!

Early tips for me this week lads, as I have the rest off the week off work (and thus no computer)

We'll get over Therry out there - but would expect them to come out really hard after last week
Yarra over BT - by a bees' proverbial - they just play that ground so well, we got 'em out there at the right time (Rd 1)
Can't see OM's tossing Rupo- even down there. Rupo for mine
Leos on a slight resurgence. I underestimated them last week and paid for it! They will beat Banyule, just
OGS comfortably over Prahran in the Toorak derby

Cheers

Well played ILSS- Gainsville Girl is best on ground. But back to footy...
OM's to beat an out of form Rupo this week and make the job of getting in the four all the more tougher. The Bushrangers from YV to sneak in and meet the OGs in first week of the finals (who corerct me if im wrong but I think yarra have beaten them twice from two this year.) BT vs Carey in GF. Carey in a close one. How's that for tips?

Stop putting words in my mouth Hansie..... I never said Parton was no good! I just don't think he'd be anything special in A grade. He along with Chivers would definetly be in the top 5 players in D Grade... no doubt.

Oh.....And i look forward to playing your bench press god in a couple of weeks..... tell him to up his weights.... if he is going to be any match the the great lady he's gonna need to be at his best.... because i am going to put the gun show on for him!!!

Come on Sandra. You can back peddle better than that. You said:

I'm not sure how a "good player" in D-Grade can suddenly make your top 5!

DG Tips:

YV over BT in the big game of the round. Didn't think YV had it in them to beat OGS away, and i was proven wrong. So i will stick with them this week at home. YV by 2 goals.
OC will be too strong for Therry. OC by 6 goals.
OM's at home are more difficult than when away. But 4 scoring shots last week??? Terrible stuff. Rupo have much more to play for. Rupo by 20 points.
Leos to knock the second nail in the Banyuyle relegation coffin. Leos by 4 goals.
OGS to bounce back hard and strong over Prahran. OGS by 10 goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back