D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Its official our Qwill is a Dill!

Does this mean 4% of the voters are imbeciles or the Qwills family?

Surely the 4% is just a glitch in the VAFA website. I think it is common knowledge that "the Qwill" is a dud, and surely even his Family wouldn't vote for him...

Tips for this week:

OG's should get up
OC comfortably
Therry by over 3 Goals, as they can't win any games closer than that!
Prahran, who are ready to take some big scalps before the season is over.
BT over Banyule in a close one

Kepp up the good work Lads!!:thumbsu:

Conduct Unbecoming said:
Will do..but he works for the public service, so would expect he will be way too busy for that......

If he "works" in the Public service he should have all day to get on here, not many peope actually " work" in te public service.

Unless he's in the force and then they spend their time on websites and data bases checking out confidential information about people that they shouldn't.

Do tell..

How about Conduct you help him out and get a team put together from peole on e site and pass it on to him?

[quote=Is that so]If he "works" in the Public service he should have all day to get on here, not many peope actually " work" in te public service.
Unless he's in the force and then they spend their time on websites and data bases checking out confidential information about people that they shouldn't.
Do tell..

How about Conduct you help him out and get a team put together from peole on e site and pass it on to him?[/quote]

I believe he works at CentreLink...thought most people knew that.

Qwill, if you are reading this, ignore the family from St Albans in the line in front of you and start putting down a combined 2006 D1 side.

I am pretty sure he will respond

Although I’m yet to disembark on this discussion’s demanding dancefloor, I dutifully distribute what I will daringly describe as a delectable delight (or possibly a dilemma) for you D Grade diehards to decipher, digest, dissect and discuss.

I declare that those destined for a date with September dealings will be determined by their disposition to dominate on their own dunghill. The data does not deceive those who delve deeply.

A darting double-o at the ladder’s current disposition distinctively displays that those who dependably defend whilst donning dark dacks devotedly deal in 4 ducets.

Don’t doubt that the determinations from Round Dozen will doubly dramatize my declaration. Domination by the dashing Panthers (from Dunshea that is) and delusive Pussycats will drive a desperately deep division that dashes the desires of their respective duelists.

By dinner on Saturday, it will be determined that Domeney’s dreams have been demitted, OMs’ desires declared delirious and find the Deux Bleus distressed and depressed facing a daunting drive to Dandenong to face the daggers and diapers of St Johns in D2.

Whilst this is my first dabble in this discussion, should further deliberation and debate be demanded then the Golden Boner will undoubtedly deliver – with or without the Ds – you decide.

Randall_Bone said:
Although I’m yet to disembark on this discussion’s demanding dancefloor, I dutifully distribute what I will daringly describe as a delectable delight (or possibly a dilemma) for you D Grade diehards to decipher, digest, dissect and discuss.

I declare that those destined for a date with September dealings will be determined by their disposition to dominate on their own dunghill. The data does not deceive those who delve deeply.

A darting double-o at the ladder’s current disposition distinctively displays that those who dependably defend whilst donning dark dacks devotedly deal in 4 ducets.

Don’t doubt that the determinations from Round Dozen will doubly dramatize my declaration. Domination by the dashing Panthers (from Dunshea that is) and delusive Pussycats will drive a desperately deep division that dashes the desires of their respective duelists.

By dinner on Saturday, it will be determined that Domeney’s dreams have been demitted, OMs’ desires declared delirious and find the Deux Bleus distressed and depressed facing a daunting drive to Dandenong to face the daggers and diapers of St Johns in D2.

Whilst this is my first dabble in this discussion, should further deliberation and debate be demanded then the Golden Boner will undoubtedly deliver – with or without the Ds – you decide.
D-lightful.

Best post of the thread?

D-ribble.

Here is some real poetry....

ILSS clears throat.....

The cat sat in the hat on a fat....

thank you.... thank you...... i will be here all week.

RUPO by how far this weekend..... we are on the up!! top 2 still a goal....

CARN THE RUPY!!!!!!

Sandra over and out!

Nice Randall.
Firstly I didn't even know there were that many words in the English language that began with 'D'.
What I got from that was this week will spell an end to Yarra's and OMs respective finals tilts, Prahran will find themselves searching the Melways in preparation for D2 footy next year and sides when playing at home generally take the 4 points. How'd I go?

PS: Is Day or 'Razza' from Old Carey back playing yet? I know he sustained a hand injury earlier in the season, big leap on the kid, just wondering if he's back.
PPS: KingBrown, what was the feeling at Rupo like last night? Couldn't make training, the old couch/ugh boot/VB combination was a little too tempting over a chilly July evening at the lumbar yard!
Best of luck to everyone playing this week. That's right, even you sweet Sandra.

Rupo getting done by Yarra Valley last week i can understand. Yarra are a better team than most give credit for. Geelong could be a chance of dropping this weeks game. Rupo also better be careful of Prahran Stafford could be a danger.

My two cents:

OC comfortably closing the OM's finals campaign
Rupo over Pharan, fitness will overcome the blues
OG to beat YV just. Will be a huge game, i assume DG man will be down at como with his hot dog, water and notepad?
Therry too good for Emmaus, last chance for these boys.
Bulleen over Banyule by possibly the biggest margin of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Dud – and you were spot on with your analysis of my ramblings.

I must admit that I waited for the thread to tick over to page 69 before posting.
I'd like to thank ever other contributor for making that possible.

My reluctance to get involved was somewhat driven by the fear that my musings may be misinterpreted by some of our regular posters. So additionally I’d like to thank ILSS for further reinforcing my initial concerns by posting that little Dr Seuss-like gem.

For ILSS’s benefit, my post actually utilised alliteration. Given that it is a tool used to create eye catching headlines by tabloid newspapers such as the Hun, I was surprised that Sandra could not disseminate this from what she calls “poetry”.

As for Rupo’s prospects tomorrow – if you refer to the data, I think you’ll find that Prahan are a 4 goal better team away from Orrong Rd. Unluckily for Stafford and his chargers, Rupo are in fact a 6 goal better team when west of the CBD. The difference is that on average Rupo score 97 points per match compared to the Deux Bleus’ 66. From my calculations, all that adds up to Rupo by about 8 goals.

By the way - tomorrow's game between ESL and TP will decide who joins Prahan on the trips to Dandenong, Werribee, Ringwood and Bundoora next year.

Interestingly, only OC average over 100 points per match. The Dunshea Panthers average score is 101 points which is closely followed in second by OMs on 99, so expect a free flowing attacking game at Bulleen. Rounding out the attacking top four are OGs and BT on 98 points each. Prahan and Therry occupy the bottom two. Sound familiar?

Remember – in D1 the data doesn’t deceive.
All home teams to win tomorrow.
Guess that means Therry do a Glen Eira.

Boner hitting the booze big time boys.

I must admit that I waited for the thread to tick over to page 69 before posting.

My reluctance to get involved was somewhat driven by the fear that my musings may be misinterpreted by some of our regular posters.

Interestingly, only OC average over 100 points per match. The Dunshea Panthers average score is 101 points which is closely followed in second by OMs on 99
All home teams to win tomorrow.
Guess that means Therry do a Glen Eira.

Boner hitting the booze big time boys.[/quote]

Welcome aboard Boner. Great to have a number of new contributors this week. More the merrier.
I have highlighted a few of your words for discussion.
1. 69 - Got to love a 69'er gag. There is never a time or place when this is not funny!
2. Never fear for the intelligence of those able to spend so much time on a computer and still be able to hold down a job.
3. Are you aware that the OC have only played on the main oval three times this year! 2 of their home games have been on the back oval due to the school team taking precedence.
4. I will put you down for all home teams in the tipping comp
5. I think Therry will avoid relegation
6. Giddyup!

untapped said:
Rupo getting done by Yarra Valley last week i can understand. Yarra are a better team than most give credit for. Geelong could be a chance of dropping this weeks game. Rupo also better be careful of Prahran Stafford could be a danger.

If they are relying on Stafford they are in trouble, to fat, to slow, to old.

Is that so said:
If they are relying on Stafford they are in trouble, to fat, to slow, to old.

Fair point, still think he lifts the guys around him with his smarts.
Here's a couple of questions that i'd like your view on. Who do you think is 1. The smartest player
2. Skillful player
3. Best raw talent
4. Best up and comer
All for D1, your the man with all the know, or is it so?

The Ugliest reckons:

Carey by 6 goals in the slush
Rupo easily
OG by plenty (DG to be a happy man again this week)
Therry to win
Bullants by about 8 goals in the slush

Just about to pack the thermos, blanket and jacket. Big day for all.

GOOD LUCK

Forecast= WET!!!!

Going to be one of those old fashioned footy days gents!
Whoever wants it more gets it today.

A good chance for upsets.
Tips:
BT over banyule by 10 points
Rup just over prahran
YV over OG
OC over OM
Therry over St Leos

Good old fashioned day Bullant! you ain't kidding. Rupo's ground was a swimming pool, very similar to a toddlers pool with the boys splashing around in it all day. We got over the line, can't assess much from the game other than it was a gutsy performance from the "very hard" nuts at Rupo. Prahran tried there butts off all day where we really only broke away in the last 10 minutes.
YV ripper effort, 2 losses to OG at Como DG Man, you must have vexed them when you said they would not lose at Como. They haven't won since!!! Therry down again, well done animals. OC and BT proving they are possibly equal flag favorites possibly BT just ahead at this point of the season.
Time for one more can, an AFL match and bacon and eggs Sunday Morning! KB over and out.

love your work KB. Make sure you PM me before you venture out to the ants nest so I can fill you up with **** for the trip home.You do seem like a very decent lad (or lass)! Are you a member of the senior team?

Ugly out- very cold day at BT land - although I did enjoy the past players function that seemed to break every rule in the ammo book- must have had at least 15 crownies and seen all of 20 minutes of footy!

DG- give us the goss mate- Huge loss by the oggers. Is it panic stations yet? what is wrong with vickers? Where you sitting on como hill in a roll neck country road pullover????

Ugly- half hammered and fishing for some conflict!

DG i don't think i put my tips in, i would've picked all the winners:D

Saw the BT V Banyule game that you missed ugly. Was very impressed with BT, was disappointed with Banyule. Their positioning around the ground, will for the ball and discipline showed me that Banyule may be heading toward relegation if they keep playing like that. I lost count of how many 25m free's were given against them. Tsingaris went off with a shoulder/collarbone in the 3rd, although he wasn't having a good day anyway, possibly playing with another injury. Would be interesting to see what someone from Banyule thought of the game, few players missing?

DG i told you not to write YV off, they will make the four, big game next week...BT V YV at Domeney Reserve. BTW, heard that its getting a $200,000+ upgrade, can anyone confirm?

Can't confirm, first I've heard of that, Henry. Yarra got the ascendancy after a red card was given to an OG player in the second quarter. YV built a five goal lead, before OG kicked two to make it a three goal difference at half time. Second half was all OG, they hit the lead midway through the last quarter. We hadn't looked like kicking a goal in the 4th, but fortunately for us a tumbled kick inside the arc found Tim Hancock, who converted the set shot. An OG player had a set shot from about 55m after the siren, but couldn't make the distance (who could with a 15kg ball?). Russ Yeo best on for Yarra with Bayles and Casboult good contributors for Geelong, I thought.

Positions 3 and 4 are well and truly alive. It is a OG, Rupo and YV bonanza.
OC and BT are the teams to beat. Don't need to talk much about BT. Their form over the past month speaks for itself. The OC are looking very strong. Allowing OM 4 scoring shots for the day! Huge. Reports suggest that they had new players in today and are starting to build a formidable list.
Perhaps it is a little obvious. These are the two teams that won promotion to D1 in 04, consolidated in 05 and are now ready for a C-Grade assault. They have a two game cushion. Seem to have OG covered, and are just waiting to see who will compete with them come finals time.
The OG need to enter the house of mirrors. Pundits who suggested that they are the team to beat may need to reconsider. Looking at their side, they seem too have a bulk of their players from the last few seasons, wheras the OC have turned around the list for the better, whilst the BT have consolidated, added and look ready to rock and roll.
Rupo keep their finals chances alive and the OM are gone.

Great times, exciting footy. God bless D-Grade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back