D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
untapped said:
Fair point, still think he lifts the guys around him with his smarts.
Here's a couple of questions that i'd like your view on. Who do you think is 1. The smartest player
2. Skillful player
3. Best raw talent
4. Best up and comer
All for D1, your the man with all the know, or is it so?

As much as I'd like to oblige it would take intimate knowledge of each club to provide insight of any substance, whilst i watch a lot of D1 and read the VAFA website , I do not know any club that well, any way here are some thoughts (only thoughts):

Parton , Maslin, Collins, Tiras - OC
Tulloch, Mathews, Chivers, Barker -BT
Bayles, Casboult, Vickers-Willis, McKenzie - OG
Collins, West, Brennan and ? - Rupo
Valoppi, LeCordeier, Drew, Yeo - YV
Twentywan, Palmer, Basile, Cleeve - OM
Foster -Knight, Bannister, Harmes, Bannister - TP
LeClerc, Buckle, D'amico, Baranello - ESL
Gayfer, Gray, Shepherd, Tsingaris - Ban
Radywonik, Ballard, Northway, - Prahran

Is that so said:
As much as I'd like to oblige it would take intimate knowledge of each club to provide insight of any substance, whilst i watch a lot of D1 and read the VAFA website , I do not know any club that well, any way here are some thoughts (only thoughts):

Collins , White,Howgate ,Glynne - OC
Tulloch, Chivers,Bain , Barker -BT
Vicko, Casboult,O'Brien, McKenzie - OG
Collins, West, Brennan and Monzell- Rupo
Valoppi, LeCordeier, Keem, Yeo(not if you mean the younger Yeo) - YV
Palmer,Basile , Schloeffel, Cleeve - OM
Crotty,C Bannister, Harmes, J Bannister - TP
LeClerc, Buckle, D'amico, Baranello - ESL
Gayfer, Gray, Scicko , Tsingaris- Ban
H Pitts, Ballard, Radywonik,Northway- Prahran

depends a bit on what you think a raw Talent means.. i think raw talent refers more to unmoulded talent like Scicko and Howgate-- rather than seasoned stars like the VW( radywonik is my one exception).that is all personal though.

For the comp overall it is far more difficult
Smartest Collins(Rupo)
Most Skilled White(OC)
Raw Talent Scicko (Banyule)
Up and Comer J Bannister(Therry)
but that is a very hard call on all. There are a lot of great up and comers with Banyule, Rupertswood and OC in particular having a lot of strong youngsters..

I read that YV knocked off the OGS on Saturday!!! Can anyone tell me what happened?? The conditions would have slowed it down to their pace, but they have some handy scalps over the last few weeks. Are they a threat?

King Woodie said:
I read that YV knocked off the OGS on Saturday!!! Can anyone tell me what happened?? The conditions would have slowed it down to their pace, but they have some handy scalps over the last few weeks. Are they a threat?

My team Old Geelong have done a Collingwood and fallen in a heap. Need to reverse the slide or suffer accordingly. Well done Rupo boys - your destiny is in your own hands. YV a threat if they make it.

Saw 2 games on the weekend - OC v O Mentone & BT v Banyule. BT looked as good as any team I have seen in the wet. Great skill level, hard at it. Didn't see Ryan or Matty Bain or the ruckman from Port Melbourne...some handy types to come back in for BT!! Banyule relied on too few. Carey very similar to BT - too big, too strong, too good. Parton played although didn't have a huge impact...

Can confirm that Domeney is getting a $300K facelift and have seen the planned list of works to be carried out..interestingly, none of it is on the ground itself but on improved parking, ammeneties, access gates off the main road and the playground etc. Go figure....

Conduct Unbecoming said:
Can confirm that Domeney is getting a $300K facelift and have seen the planned list of works to be carried out..interestingly, none of it is on the ground itself but on improved parking, ammeneties, access gates off the main road and the playground etc. Go figure....

Ah, now I know what you're talking about! Yeah doesn't look like they're doing anything to the ground, but on the bright side looks like there will be some cracking nets for the Park Orchards CC this summer...

Toohas - of the 3 sides scrambling for the last 2 spots in the top 4, it looks like your boys have the easiest run home. Geelong are fortunate they have a one game buffer at present, but Rupo may struggle unless they can beat BT at BT in the final round...no doubt the Bushranger brains trust will have mapped this all out already and would very confident of slipping into the elimination final....

I agree, YV a threat. Saw them a few weeks ago knock us off. Not sure if they can cause much damage once in the mix, but with their bigs should be a danger. Rupo on the big finals grounds in spring would be a threat also with their speed and skill, but just need to get there. D1 bottom half of the four sure is hotting up. My tip, Rupo from YV on %age. Any takers?

King Woodie said:
I agree, YV a threat. Saw them a few weeks ago knock us off. Not sure if they can cause much damage once in the mix, but with their bigs should be a danger. Rupo on the big finals grounds in spring would be a threat also with their speed and skill, but just need to get there. D1 bottom half of the four sure is hotting up. My tip, Rupo from YV on %age. Any takers?

If you look at the fixtures, YV have a very easy run home. This week v BT will be their last loss before the finals - imo.

Only one 5/5 for the week. Toohas! Obviously had YV, as well as going for Leo's at home. Mainly 3's and 4's this week. Most had BT, OC and Rupo, but lost with Therry and OG!

Ladder is looking very interesting. OC and BT have a 2 game break with 6 to play. Definate finalists. Very likely to fill positions 1 and 2. Then we have 3 teams battling for two positions. OGS and Rupo have a slender 1 game lead over YV. OGS also have the advantage of a solid percentage. For this reason they remain likely finalists. Rupo and YV have similar percentages. On paper YV look to have the easier run home. Rupo travel twice to Bulleen to tackle the OC and BT away.

Prahran will be relegated. OM's, Therry, Leos and Banyule need to avoid postion 9. OM's should be ok, with a game and half advantage over 9th placed Banyule. Therry have the advantage of a solid % and Leos form suggest that they will not slip back into the bottom 2. This means that Banyule may be in trouble.

DG-Man will throw back out some premiership odds (As i know Toohas loves the weekly change of opinion)

BT - 7/4
OC - 9/4
OGS - 12/1
YV - 15/1
Rupo - 25/1
The Rest - 1000/1

Tipping Ladder

MJS2 - (3) 25

Ugly - (3) 24
DG-Man - (4) 24
Is That So - (4) 24

Hansie - (3) 23

Toohas - (5) 22
St.Kevs Cowboy - (3) 22
Bullant - (4) 22
Moss Rocket - (4) 22
Bede Me Up - (4) 22

Side Show Bob - (4) 21
Henry - (1) 21 (Away Teams - No Tips Registered)

Midas - (3) 20

KingBrown - (4) 18

BlueBoys 88 - (3) 17
OM28 - (4) 17
Archangel17 - (4) 17

ILSSully - (3) 16
Knackers - (2) 16
Half Back - (2) 16
Mystery Dog - (1) 16 (No Tips)
Magic Mickey - (3) 16

OC 37 - (1) 15 (No Tips)

Hopefully no stuff ups with the tipping ladder this week. All care is taken, however the occasional mistake can be made!

Cheers,

DG

St Leo's - what a great win! Terrific all round performance, especially with some of the young guns stepping up. The battle to avoid relegation is on. I think the clash between us and Banyule next week will decide who will be relegated, if we can knock them off we should be able to remain in D1 next year. Therry aren't out of the relegation woods either!

Huge round of football we have just seen with the finals race, and relegation comp hotting up!!!

Emmaus continue to impress me this year with a big win over the struggling Therry. Phar Lap, care to comment on the weekend's match?

Old Carey have smashed the OM's in the wet. Huge effort to kick 30 scoring shots anywhere in Melbourne over the weekend!!!

YV have certainly got the attention of the top half of the ladder with an unexpected win over the OG's at como. But i still tend to agree with ILSS...once the rain stops so will YV.

Rupo back on the winners list with a tough win over Pharan. Surely the boys from Toorak park will be in the D2 mix next year?

Great win for Bulleen as they continue their winning ways. YV vs Bulleen this week is match of the round. Both these sides have had an impressive past month, but its time for one of these sides to drop a game...unless its a draw :)

Time to start posting people!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OldMelburnian28 said:
Old Carey have smashed the OM's in the wet. Huge effort to kick 30 scoring shots anywhere in Melbourne over the weekend!!!

:)
quote]

To be fair, the surface at Dunshea was very, very good. That OC scored so well is no real suprise given the conditions at their ground, but the fact that they kept Mentone to 1 goal after 1/2 time says it all. They were too big and too good for Mentone, who looked ordinary. Noticed a couple of returning players (well people were wearing their numbers anyway) for OC...

As for Banyule - they were terrific for a team made up of kids in comparison to their oponents (#5 for the Bears = rather large fellow). BT were so good in the wet and heavy conditions...#15 and #49 were very impressive across half-back. 14 goals at Ajani was more than equal to 15 at Dunshea - maybe even better given the wind and bog in places.

Bullant/Ugly - looked like CHF Williams (#32) was rested for much of the 2nd half?? He is a fair unit!

Conduct Unbecoming said:
OldMelburnian28 said:

:)
quote]

To be fair, the surface at Dunshea was very, very good. That OC scored so well is no real suprise given the conditions at their ground, but the fact that they kept Mentone to 1 goal after 1/2 time says it all. They were too big and too good for Mentone, who looked ordinary. Noticed a couple of returning players (well people were wearing their numbers anyway) for OC...

As for Banyule - they were terrific for a team made up of kids in comparison to their oponents (#5 for the Bears = rather large fellow). BT were so good in the wet and heavy conditions...#15 and #49 were very impressive across half-back. 14 goals at Ajani was more than equal to 15 at Dunshea - maybe even better given the wind and bog in places.

Bullant/Ugly - looked like CHF Williams (#32) was rested for much of the 2nd half?? He is a fair unit!

Conduct,

Who are the players you referred to as 'coming back' for us? (OC)

Conduct Unbecoming said:
As for Banyule - lost count of the 25s they gave away maybe pushed 20 or so, no exageration. Only 1 on the bench in the twos alsothey were terrific for a team made up of kids in comparison to their oponents (#5 for the Bears = rather large fellow). BT were so good in the wet and heavy conditions...#15Barker 18 year old played every game and #49 Tourogianis only played 5 after broken thumb in round 2were very impressive across half-back. 14 goals at Ajani was more than equal to 15 at Dunshea - maybe even better given the wind and bog in places.

Bullant/Ugly - looked like CHF Williams (#32) was rested for much of the 2nd half?? He is a fair unit!The Wax doesnt run that far to need resting

G'day all,

I reckon Keem would have to be one of the best raw talents in D1. Any thoughts? I watched him play out in Park Orchards earlier in the season and he kicked a bag- looked like he didn't get out of second gear too.

Depends on what you mean by raw talent though. Keem's probably already playing close to his potential and just looks like he's doing it easy. Opinions appreciated...

what is the story here?

Tribunal tomorrow night:
Russell Yeo, Yarra Valley
Matthew Harrison, Prahran
Nial McGovern, Rupertswood

Are these significant?

Boner hitting the booze big time boys.[/quote]

I thought it was a pretty lame 69 gag to be honest.
Unless Randall Bone got so juiced up that he removed a couple of ribs and just did a 9er....or is that a sixer??

From memory the Prahran blokes was a 'badly timed' jumper punch.
KingBrown it is good to be back on the winners list, I'm sure the beers tasted very nice on Saturday, regardless of the weather. i know mine did.
I think the side is finally starting to settle down with some very talented young kids starting to really gel and feed off one another well. They also really looked like they were enjoying their footy too.
YV v BT this week is another big one, I think BT will be too strong but YV tend to suprise us all regularly.
I noticed earlier in the year the Valley got done by Banyule, Toohas can you tell us what happened in this game? Players out, players came back?Or were Banyule just a bit too good on the day? Will Banyule be considered a danger game for the boys from Domeney?
Very interested to see how the top 4 finishes. As a Rupi, I reckon we can stay there, but Yarra Valley are a good side and will push all the way.
DG were you under a brolley on the hill at Como Park on Saturday? Would like to know what it is that made Yarra a bit of a bogey team for the Oggers this year.

uglydermie said:
what is the story here?

Tribunal tomorrow night:
Russell Yeo, Yarra Valley
Matthew Harrison, Prahran
Nial McGovern, Rupertswood

Are these significant?

Ugly genuienly concerned for these poor gents or could it be that your BT play YV this week and Yeo name gets pumped up pretty big on this site.

Yeo was BOG on weekend.

The incident was the worst i have ever seen in Amatuer footy. I would give hin 6-8 weeks

Na, only joking. Didn't see it. Was not there. A little chilly and the DG had a large party on Saturday night that needed an appropriate lead up (aka afternoon snooze!)

Yeo will be missed if he cops the wrath of the tribunal. As we all know, it is better to just cop the prescribed penalty than try and get off at the tribunal, unless you have some video footage which clearly shows umpire stinkability!

Only 6 more weeks to go. Big games next week are the YV vs BT clash and the OM's vs Rupo game. OM's were obviously very average against the OC on Saturday, however they are a little like Freo. Very hard to beat at home. And hopeless away. It will take Rupo about 90 minutes to get out to Keysborough. And they will be coming up against a team who will undoubtedly have been put through the ringer for such an insipid performance. Tough one for Rupo! A must win game. Can they do it???
If not, YV are set to pounce. They will be very hard to beat at the Domeney. Yet BT have not lost away this entire season. A real toss of the coin game. I'm leaning YV's way, but will wait to hear any further goss from all you punters.

Go D1!

Dudley Hamstrung said:
I noticed earlier in the year the Valley got done by Banyule, Toohas can you tell us what happened in this game? Players out, players came back?Or were Banyule just a bit too good on the day? Will Banyule be considered a danger game for the boys from Domeney?

Banyule a bit too good on the day. We had a couple of lapses, which we paid dearly for. EVERY game is a danger game in this comp. There may not be any Fitzroy Reds this year, but there is no Glen Eira or Aquinas either.

DG Man said:
Yeo will be missed if he cops the wrath of the tribunal. As we all know, it is better to just cop the prescribed penalty than try and get off at the tribunal, unless you have some video footage which clearly shows umpire stinkability!

Russ Yeo has nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back