D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice changes AA17. Leaving out Collins from the OC is just bewildering. He has been in the OC's best every game, racking up 30 possessions and scoring goals. He would be my equal favourite with the Chiv for D-Grade B & F honours. Agree also with Ballard for Legoe. Battle is not a FB. Great defender, but i would have Trumbell in for him. Perhaps Bone deserved a gig? Hare has been solid as well. I'm a bit of a Bayles fan, so i would have him in rather than Monzell. Parton definately FF. Agree that old Man Dean Matthews gets a gig (as long as walking sticks are allowed out on the ground!) No room for Corey B in my side. Not sure about Carr either!
Very tough to do, and hats off to the quill for the effort. But no Collins... this just shows that you use the "bests" listed in the website rather than going to games. He is leading the OC B&F by the length of the Flemington straight!

Tom West should be a certainty for the wing spot. He is the quickest player in D1 and is highly skilled. Watching him is like watching Coyote up against the Road Runner. Beep Beep!!!!

Huge weekend in D1 !!

And the winners will be:

OC (In a close one)
OG (Because they have to)
YV
BT
TP (in a beauty!!!)

Think I can easily find a spot in that D! All Stars side for Jarrod Bannister, probably Therry's best this year.

In true northern Suburbs style, can't wait to smash into the Rupi all day tomorrow, then have a few thousand Beers with them after the game!

Good Luck to all on the weekend!!

Cheers:thumbsu:

By the way, how the f#%^ did Ballard for Leos not get in as starting ruckman in the team of half year? Even if the qwill was going solely on how many times people had been the best (which it seems he had!), Ballard still should have been there. Anyone know if the qwill has actually watched a D1 game yet?!

Henry24 said:
Just browsing through the clearance list on the VAFA website when i saw this:

Club departed, Club Arrived, Player name, Result, Application date, Finalisation date.
WAAFL (Wesley Curtain FC) PRAHRAN AFC Michael, Brett Approved 30/06/06 10/07/06

WAAFL (Wongan FC) PRAHRAN AFC Michael, Mark Approved 30/06/06 10/07/06
Anyone know anything of these two players? Perhaps the reason for Prahrahns recent change in form??
There's also a couple others with around the same application date.

well spotted Henry
Brett played a couple of weeks back, got injured in the first quarter, hasn't played since. should be back in 1-2 wks. Mark is yet to play.
The change in form has been due to a complete change in attitude from the group. the round 10 game against Leo's was the worst performance I can remember by a Prahran side. the following week at Mentone we lost by what should have been 1 point - the umpire disallowing a goal right on the final siren because an OM player tripped over his own feet. with a couple of other 50-50 decisions that went against us we could have won.
kept up with Carey for the first half, outplayed in the second. had the momentum at Sunbury in the last, just couldn't score. This week will give a true indication of Prahran's chances of staying in D1. if we can take it up to the best side in the comp, we can stay up.
anyways good luck all
CMCK

Carn The Rupi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) ;) Yellow And Blue........ Oh We're From Rupertswood!!!!!!

Therry Lads.... Feel Free To Come In And Join In Our Song Tomorrow Arvo.... I Know It's Been A While Since You Gave Your Vocal Cords A Work Out.

Tips

BT in a close one
OC easily
OG to hit back
YV finals looming?
Rupo at home, just

Have been told that BT have 4 to 5 out this week. Weren't told their names but will test their depth.

Any other pre round news?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Love Sandra Sully said:
Carn The Rupi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) ;) Yellow And Blue........ Oh We're From Rupertswood!!!!!!

Therry Lads.... Feel Free To Come In And Join In Our Song Tomorrow Arvo.... I Know It's Been A While Since You Gave Your Vocal Cords A Work Out.

Sandra,

Any truth to the Rumor that T West has walked out on the club this week???

Cheers

Half Back....

Ballard from StLeos is the best ruckman I have seen this year. He was fantastic (and the catalyst) in their snapping of our winning streak in rd7 this year. He seems like a fairly young bloke. Is he one that has come up through under 19s?
Looking forward to a very even/hard/fair footy contest at Rupo tomorrow. By NO means are the boys taking this game lightly. Therry have the potential to do some damage in this division, which has me stumped as to why there form hasn't matched that potential this year. It is a given that they have lost a few close ones but I think they have had chances to win all of those. Anyway...
There has definately been some very consistent footy played by Drew, Casboult, Monzell and Collins (OC) this year. Very much looking forward to the bnf result.
Upset of the week for me is Banyule over YV. I may have said the opposite earlier in the week but I reckon Saturday will be their day.
|Looking forward to a beer with Knackers at 5pm tomorrow, win/lose or draw.;)
Dudley O-U-T

Magic Micky said:
Tips

BT in a close one
OC easily
OG to hit back
YV finals looming?
Rupo at home, just

Have been told that BT have 4 to 5 out this week. Weren't told their names but will test their depth.

Any other pre round news?

yeah, 5 major outs this week

PS: Half Back, Westy did in fact walk out on the club last night.
He is going to play for 'under the table' coin for the Eltham Turtles. We wish him all the best.

Thorpedo69 said:
Anyone know if VW is back this week for OGs? Any other handy inclusions for any D1 sides?

The man is back. The Hyphen. The large unit from Como. The facial haired forward. Starting on the bench, but ready to make a solid impact during the afternoon.
There has been a line drawn in the sand. The OGS expect to be playing C-Grade footy next year. From today forth, let no man jib in a contest, and let no man disrespect the hooped jumper.
Lets just see if they can turn their form around starting this weekend.

Still witing on a few tips. Ugly and IS that So, both poised in second place behind MJS2 are sitting back and carefully looking at the form.

Just who are the 5 outs at BT land? Personally i think they are strong enough to win this week missing a few stars. But hopefully for them they are only out for a week or two, as you cannot afford to head into the finals with a big injury list.

Good Luck all teams!

DG

did t.west leave beacuse he was dropped from last weeks team after not getting his weekly 33kicks, 12 handballs and kicked his two goals ?

DG-Man said:
The man is back. The Hyphen. The large unit from Como. The facial haired forward. Starting on the bench, but ready to make a solid impact during the afternoon.
There has been a line drawn in the sand. The OGS expect to be playing C-Grade footy next year. From today forth, let no man jib in a contest, and let no man disrespect the hooped jumper.
Lets just see if they can turn their form around starting this weekend.

Still witing on a few tips. Ugly and IS that So, both poised in second place behind MJS2 are sitting back and carefully looking at the form.

Just who are the 5 outs at BT land? Personally i think they are strong enough to win this week missing a few stars. But hopefully for them they are only out for a week or two, as you cannot afford to head into the finals with a big injury list.

Good Luck all teams!

DG

the five outs include:
Wise, Buridge, Barker, M.Bain, and R.Bain

Still will have the depth to get across the lilne. Big oppurtunity for others to stand up!

Ballard of ELS is a good ruckman , smith Banyule OK, Radywonik Prahran good, Waters BT is best in comp, in fairness only played 4 games (so far) but none yet to beaten, closest Ballard, but close 2nd.

bullant10 said:
the five outs include:
Wise, Buridge, Barker, M.Bain, and R.Bain

Still will have the depth to get across the lilne. Big oppurtunity for others to stand up!
===
Bullant10 why 5 outs in 1 week, injured, resting, or just stirring the pot?

Also players you name all play around the ball, how can BT cover 5 onballers out in 1 game?

If BT win this with the outs you suggest and Prahans recent improvment then IMO BT will be oddson to win the flag (if not already)

Tips:
OC to win by 5 goals in crap conditions, showing the difference between the competitive sides ESL, YV, OG RUP and the top 2.

TP to beat Rupo because they are stronger and in the wet Rup pace no factor and if west did leave mid season - **** Bloke.

OG to salvage the season and beat OM by 3 goals.

YV to punish banyule (again seems to be a weekly occurence) and keep their chances alive. if they win all games and suspect they might will go into finals with momentum and belief, loss this week and finals is a waste of team Banyule are just no good.

BT do they really have those outs? -suspect its a fishing expedition and if not really big test of character, they have shown plenty so far this year BT just?

BTv Prahran

The claim that Bullants will have five players out is clearly a massive bluff. What benefit could there be for someone within a club to give away that sort of information if it's true? On the other hand, there's plenty of benefits to saying it if it isn't true.

Thorpedo69 said:
The claim that Bullants will have five players out is clearly a massive bluff. What benefit could there be for someone within a club to give away that sort of information if it's true? On the other hand, there's plenty of benefits to saying it if it isn't true.

Couldn't agree more Thorpedo why somone would mention outs let alone name them before a game is pretty naive.

Doesn't chnage my tip just increases the margin, then again could back fire a give Prahran hope or belief before in their chances? It will be interesting to read all about it tomoorow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back