D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweeney has been consistent, good team player who brings others into the game. Will finish top 5 in B&F however IMO there are at least 3 ahead at this point.

Will not be saying alot this week and i feel ILSS needs to tone it down as well. I know he listens to me. This is a huge game for us this week as will every game be from here on in. I have always regarded Therry, however there performance against potential has been abysmal to this point. They have had big inclusions for the last 3 weeks. Most players who come back from injury are usually "underdone". This being said all at Rupo are fully aware of dropping your guard in D1, do it for your own demise. Therry will be fired and the first quarter should be a ripper. The ground is hopeless at this point, hugely disappointing from our point of view.

Very interesting to see most still consider Carey flag favourites...
I have no doubt that id back the bullants anytime over carey come finals time, more experienced, hard at it players and the skill from the youngsters to top it off. Bullants have big game players who stand up when it counts and Box Hill City Oval will suit them despite what others think. Bullants play their best footy on big grounds just ask OGS and Old carey in a few weeks.....

Tips: easy round should be 5 from 5

Bullants
OC
Yarra Valley
Ogs
Rupertswood

linger_isgod said:
Anyone know if, hypothetically speaking, an Under 19 player who hasn't played in the Seniors all year can be picked for finals?
Definitely.. dont think they have to have played any seniors during the year.- i am guessing you are talking Rupo as they seem to marginally have the best unders side ahead of OC.

On another note still looking for info on new OC players, Jessup, Ratcliffe, Barton, _ i think from record early in year that Maslin is ex-VFL.. is this correct??.. also from BT people .. i hear a lot about the Bains, what is their background, and where do they playon the field?

MJS2 said:
Very interesting to see most still consider Carey flag favourites...
I have no doubt that id back the bullants anytime over carey come finals time, more experienced, hard at it players and the skill from the youngsters to top it off. Bullants have big game players who stand up when it counts and Box Hill City Oval will suit them despite what others think. Bullants play their best footy on big grounds just ask OGS and Old carey in a few weeks.....
Would have to agree.. Bullants seem bigger and tougher, however, i notice Bull is back for OC, which will make a huge difference, and would differ on skill level which i think is higher at OC. I find it interesting that people who have played OC in the past few weeks are making these predictions and am wondering how much is to do with new players i mentioned above who have only appeared recently. I also noticed Tiras is back.

linger_isgod said:
Anyone know if, hypothetically speaking, an Under 19 player who hasn't played in the Seniors all year can be picked for finals?

I'm pretty sure they only have to play one game, unless from a VFL/TAC Cup team then it is 5 games, of which at least two have to be after June 30.

On another note, the OC V BT debate continues, surely we all know from some of the results this year that D grade is unpredictable. Both OC & BT are similar sides, both have superstar players (D grade superstars), a strong forward line and a decent backline. It will most likely come down to players available (It seems that OC have got their list picture perfect at the right time) and a bit of luck! It is very hard to separate the two sides, i have no idea how anyone impartial can confirm a flag favourite.

BT currectly have 9 players in the senior team from the 2004 premieship with another 5 playing in the reserves last weekend.

How many OC guys playing seniors at them moment played in the grand final in 2004?

DG-Man said:
Not sure Linger. At a guess i would say they would have to have played a minimum number of games (2 or 3 perhaps). I assume you are talking about the OC, as from earlier posts you seem to support them. I notice they are on top of ladder in U19 Div 2. Are there some handy players?? I notice the captain has the same surname as the senior captain (McQueen-Parton), and that there is a Bull kicking goals.
Perhaps the OC can slot a few of these youngsters in to help strengthen the side come finals time.
I guess the problem here would be that they will also be playing finals.
Soft spot for the OC's, know a few players, despite not being Ex-Carey myself. But, as Archangel alluded to above, I was more thinking Rupertswood, who have a few really good players in their U/19s who might be able to make the step up.

Luke Maslin (OC) was down at the Northern Bullants for a couple of seasons, I'd guess he played about 1/2 dozen games in their 1sts. Midfielder.

Ryan Bain (BT) played juniors at Bullen-Temp, and pretty much did as he liked when he played for them. Was part of the Oakleigh TAC side that did really well (Prelim/Grand Final??) yet didn't have anyone taken in the draft, just a few rookies. I'd have thought mid 180's tall, and not the biggest frame (but 2/3 years might change that). Big enough motor to play midfield, maybe a KP too?

Feel free to correct me, anyone in the know. :thumbsu:

watching the game at yarra valley at the mighty dmoeney reserve on satrurday i saw that all the bain's do is pass to each other when they have the ball!! quite funny actually.. one stage one of them was runnning into an almost open goal #9?? then passed it to his brother!
on another topic, there was rumours that bullants have got more to come into their line-up come finals..
will florance, waters or frost play in the finals series????

linger_isgod said:
Don't know if they would be eligible or not, however I have two other questions:
1) If they are good enough to play at senior level, why aren't they doing so already (assuming you're not talking about TAC Cup players)?
2) What do you think the backlash would be from a player who loses his spot in a senior final side to a player who hasn't played a game for the side all season? I think any player put in that position would be seriously considering changing clubs the next season.

linger_isgod said:
Ryan Bain (BT) played juniors at Bullen-Temp, and pretty much did as he liked when he played for them. Was part of the Oakleigh TAC side that did really well (Prelim/Grand Final??) yet didn't have anyone taken in the draft, just a few rookies. I'd have thought mid 180's tall, and not the biggest frame (but 2/3 years might change that). Big enough motor to play midfield, maybe a KP too?

Feel free to correct me, anyone in the know. :thumbsu:

Think you will find Ryan was one of those, and was on Essendon's rookie list last year. Matt Bain (the younger one) is also at Oakleigh TAC this year and plays with the Ants when available. No doubt someone at the club will know a bit more than me.....

Sweeny has been a great pick up for rupo, couldn't have slotted any better into an onballing role. Can't wait for the derby this weekend, i will guarentee therry lift a few notches to give us a tight game. A fiery first quarter, as well as an ubundane of spot fires throughout the day will make for some good watching. KB is correct, our ground is terrible at the moment despite preventative measures. Will be a tight physical game of footy.

What is the current status of the ILSS and halfback bet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think the bet is on.........I am going to get my people to speak to Half Backs people after the game to organise something next season.

My Tips for this week are:

OC to beat StLeos by 10 goals
OM to beat OG's by 25 points
Banyule to beat YV by 10 points
Rupo to beat therry
Pharan to beat BT by 10 points

I Love Sandra Sully said:
Don't think the bet is on.........I am going to get my people to speak to Half Backs people after the game to organise something next season.

Smells like chicken ILSS!

The Cowboys tips for rd 14 action:
Emmaus will give OC a bit of a scare but I don't think they can beat them away. OC by 4 goals.
Bulleen should still beat Prahran comfortably regardless of their victory of OGs last week. BT by 40 points. (Have to agree with Henry in that D grade is unpredictable but BT would be just a nose in front of the rest for mine at this stage.)
Old Mentonians travel to DGs home ground to face the OGs who really need to bounce back after a couple of losses. Im going OGs but wouldn't be suprised if the Mentonians pull off an upset. OGs by 10 points.
The 'battle of the banter' at Rupo as they host Therry. Therry have been unlucky and a little disappointing this year. Will be a good game but I think Rupo will come out on top. Rupo by 25 points.
Finally, Banyule invite Yarra Valley down for a kick and will find themselves on the end of a 7 goal drubbing. Yarra in good form (running into a good BT unit last week however) and will look to use this game as their big tilt towards finals. Yarra by 45 points.
Not sure if its been discussed already but anyone have any tips for respective club bnfs? If you go off the VAFA site, A.Drew (yarra) N.Casboult (OGs) S.Sweeney/R.Monzell (Rupo) The Emmaus ruckman, Twentyman (OM) I know Trumbell (OC) started well and one of the 12 hundred brother combinations at Therry would be a show. Anyone have any thoughts on Prahran, Banyule or any others.
Cheers all, good luck to those lads running out on Saturday.

Just browsing through the clearance list on the VAFA website when i saw this:

Club departed, Club Arrived, Player name, Result, Application date, Finalisation date.
WAAFL (Wesley Curtain FC) PRAHRAN AFC Michael, Brett Approved 30/06/06 10/07/06

WAAFL (Wongan FC) PRAHRAN AFC Michael, Mark Approved 30/06/06 10/07/06
Anyone know anything of these two players? Perhaps the reason for Prahrahns recent change in form??
There's also a couple others with around the same application date.

Henry24 said:
Just browsing through the clearance list on the VAFA website when i saw this:

Club departed, Club Arrived, Player name, Result, Application date, Finalisation date.
WAAFL (Wesley Curtain FC) PRAHRAN AFC Michael, Brett Approved 30/06/06 10/07/06

WAAFL (Wongan FC) PRAHRAN AFC Michael, Mark Approved 30/06/06 10/07/06
Anyone know anything of these two players? Perhaps the reason for Prahrahns recent change in form??
There's also a couple others with around the same application date.

You have to try anything to avoid relegation but too little too late.

Pressure is right back on therry and banylue, they are in real danger of dropping two grades in two years. If this happens then it could only get worse as it is hard enough to attract good players to a d grade side let alone a side that is on the way down.

Frost is no chance to play for the bullants this year. Waters will play finals, florance is a maybe. Couple of good u19s might snatch a spot in the finals as well! Bit of depth at bulleen, much more than people give them credit for.
My tips this week:
BT will get over Prahran in a tough one. Only about 3-4 goals the margin.
Carey will win.
Rupo will just pip therry (if therry don't belt the living suitcase out of them).
YV will beat banyule easily. Keem to kick a bag.
Old Geelong over OMs by 6 goals.

Regarding those two Prahran players, I don't think they have been the reason behind Prahran's improved recent form, as neither player has played a game yet? Am I correct? Is this talk about Beven being back true? Someone said they saw him at last week's game, but surely if he was there he would have played for the Two Blues, given the importance of their relegation battle?! I reckon someone's pulling our legs....

Can someone give me a run down on this Bevan character? Position, strengths, etc?

Surely he alone couldn't pull the Two Blues over the line a few times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back