D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archangel17 said:
LETS GET THE END OF YEAR TRIP VENUES AND DATES IN TOO.. are any of us going to run into each other??

BT- Sydney or Gold Coast- make up your mind
OGS - Paris Hilton( the venue not the s***)- because they can
YV - Gold Coast
Rupo- Whittlesea
OC- Ibiza- because they can
Therry- Rio-just to p*** off Rupo
Banyule- Albury
OM- Sydney
ESL- Hobart
Prahran- where else but the city of churches?

ok some of these are far fetched, however i am certain OGS and OC are correct- get those nominations in

Rupo to Whittlesea..ha, ha..very good! I heard they were going overnight to Mentone and the Mentone boys were going overnight to Sunbury.

Given their respective ages (ie very young) I suspect Albury is off the cards for the Banyule boys, as most of them would be saving up for schoolies week.

DG-Man said:
HB, who would you have from Therry in the side? Very interested to know from guys who actually play at a team who are the best?? I have only seen Therry once this year! On form they will probably only get 1 or 2, as OC, BT, OGS, Rupo and YV with records stretching from 15-3 to 11-7 by seasons end will probably have the lions share!
Names like Crotty, J.Bannister (both in my side), Harmes C.Bannister, McWhinney, Foster-Knight have been thrown up. Thoughts??
Cheers - DG
G'day All...

Forster-Knight easily the best FB in the Comp, (and the best leap!)

J.Bannister definitely, and C.Bannister would be the best FF in the comp as well. If not for missing too many games through injury, he would have Kicked the most goals for the year comfortably (much higher Ave goals per game than anyone else.) Harmes has been very good since moving to the Half back Line over the last several weeks. McWhinney at his best is unstoppable, but is probably too inconsistent to make the Best in Comp.

Interesting weekend coming up, King Brown, OM, ILSS...Just make sure you win and we'll make sure we do the rest!!

Cheers :thumbsu:

All you melon heads from the Eastern suburbs take note.....us out West stick together when things come to the crunch.... we have an understanding..... we hate each other.... but hate Posh Eastern toss bags way more.

Knackers and Half Back... give it to those Yarra Valley bumpkins...

It's good to see we're back having fun. I gotta say at Rupo basically everyone knows who's who on this thread now, that is the way it has developed. Our coach whilst early days was concerned with the thread, now sees it for what it is, a bit of fun. While saying he is not an avid follower of the thread, he just keeps an eye on it. I wonder how many coaches read the thread regularly. I'd say plenty going by the apparent bans going on. I don't think any information about players, injuries or new recruits has effected one result this year. If i pick a team of the year it would be based purely on what i have seen, not who has been in the best, so if a gun had a bad day against Rupo i would not include that player. Some of the players mentioned i have never heard of. I might give it a crack, But only on a Saturday night after 6 beers on Saturday.

Oh stuff it here it is
B: Savage (YV) Forster Knight (TP) Cleeve (OM)
HB: Collins (R) Gayfer (B) White (OG)
C: West (R) Parton (OC) Maslin (OC)
HF: Chivers (BT) Le Clerc (EM) Tourigarnis (BT)
F: Bannister TP Keem (YV) Clarke (OC)
Rucks; Ballard (EM) O,Brien (OG) Tiras (OC)
Int: Vick (OM) Monzell (R) Buckle (EM) Casboult (OG)

Apologies to Sweeney and Brennan and 10 others from Rupo
Huge aplogies to Prahran, did not see the first game and the second game was a mud wrestle. Scicluna was excellent though

kingbrown said:
Oh stuff it here it is
C: West (R) Parton (OC) Maslin (OC)
HF: Chivers (BT) Le Clerc (EM) Tourigarnis (BT)
F: Bannister TP Keem (YV) Clarke (OC)
Rucks; Ballard (EM) O,Brien (OG) Tiras (OC)

Huge aplogies to Prahran, did not see the first game and the second game was a mud wrestle. Scicluna was excellent though

KB mate, we don't have a Clarke down at Carey! Not sure who you mean there? Got a number for us?

I cannot leave S. Collins out i,m sorry he is straight in the middle, what a stuff up!!!! Parton to a HFF (49) from BT to the bench, and i,ll leave Buckle out!!!!
Apologies to BT only seen you once!!!!

I have just been informed by a person whom i respect more than anyone says R Drew is the premier midfielder in the competition, the bloke who told me this actually plays and pending DNA results from Maury Pouvich i'm related, so in spite of my 10 minute effort at picking a side i may have missed a few.

I do remember one of the Drew boys got a bad corky against us i think he means the other one. I probably have made a bit of a mess of this but i was only going from my instinct and no one elses thoughts.

I'm going for the record 8 posts on one page, equalling my VB consumption.

Tips for Round 18
Emmaus in a shock over OG
Therry by 34pts over YV
Rupo by 3pts over BT
OC in a walkover
OM to spoil Prahrans chance of staying in D1

R Drew is a very good onballer but the premier midfielder?? Not close. IMO> I can name five better. Well i have said it now- here goes.

A Drew, S Collins, West, Casboult, Maslin, Buckle, James, Wise, Chivers,Parton- in no order. Was that Five??

and Kingbrown. a good effort. some good players there, and a good team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As i said i picked the side with what i had seen. The Drew brothers are a bit confusing, it was not my selection, but my DNA mate suggested it was the player who got the corky which i think was A Drew as you have suggested he maybe just ahead of his brother, however on what i seen i could not include either, it was more of an apology as i was made aware of how good this A Drew was, and to me they look the same.

I threw it together pretty quick based on who stood out in my tainted and damaged memory!!!

Good to see not all the humor was taken out of amateur footy when the money was...
D1 sides posted thus far have been fairly interesting, interesting that players are being suggested through their suited position not just how good they are.
Anyway, tips for this week:

OC
OGs
Rupo
Therry
OM

Ride hard...Yee Hah!!!

My team is based partly on the best possible team, as well as partly based on great form in 2006. And I'm not changing it.

Backs: Battle, Palmer, Foster-Knight,
Half Backs: D Collins, Munro, Burridge
Centres: West, S Collins, R Drew
Half Forwards: Keem, Chivers, White
Forwards: O'Brien, C Bannister, Basile
Rucks: Ballard, Parton, A Drew
I/C: Casboult, Costello, Wise, Hancock

MC Extra Dollop said:
My team is based partly on the best possible team, as well as partly based on great form in 2006. And I'm not changing it.

Backs: Battle, Palmer, Foster-Knight,
Half Backs: D Collins, Munro, Burridge
Centres: Chivers, S Collins, R Drew
Half Forwards: Keem, Chivers, White
Forwards: O'Brien, C Bannister, Basile
Rucks: Ballard, Parton, A Drew
I/C: Casboult, Costello, Wise, Hancock

Can you please just make 1 change MC. Drop one of the Chivers.

MC Extra Dollop said:
Sorry, untapped, I stand by my decision...see above

You know, you could have PMd me or something. Thanks for making me look like an idiot!

Sorry mate i consided it but then i just could thought Mike Sheahan might pop up and write another article on an interstate team getting extra help. Swans will do well again this year anyway, like the team you've done, i would love Pietryk to be in the backline, maybe he is the 4th on your bench.

If we ignore games not played in the first half of season, which is obviously an issue in itself, I can't imagine that there are many full backs in the comp who have been beaten less than Scicluna this year. I've seen every game he has played.

Defensively, he has been extremely solid, having had very few goals kicked on him despite playing on the best forwards in the comp each week. The only forward who has beaten him has been Keem, and even then Keem only kicked four on him from memory. He beat Parton when he played on him in my opinion.

As Midas has observed, Scicluna has an attacking side to his game which is very rarely seen in a good defensive full back. Despite not having incredible pace, his ability to break and avoid tackles is very rare. He also uses the ball very well and protects those around him.

UPDATES

T.O.Y- Keep those nominations rolling in, There are now only 7 unanimous selections D Collins, S Collins, West, O'Brien, Chivers, Parton, Burridge, however there are several others with only one nomination off the full complement. Munro Battle A Drew Keem J Bannister Casboult.

End of year trips

LETS GET THE END OF YEAR TRIP VENUES AND DATES IN TOO.. are any of us going to run into each other??

BT- Sydney or Gold Coast- make up your mind
OGS - Paris Hilton( the venue not the s***)- because they can
YV - Gold Coast
Rupo- Whittlesea or Mentone
OC- Ibiza- because they can
Therry- Rio-just to p*** off Rupo
Banyule- Albury or Schoolies
OM- Sydney or Sunbury
ESL- Hobart
Prahran- where else but the city of churches?

Happy to include serious or tongue in cheek suggestions, but please indicate if it is a serious location.

kingbrown said:
Oh stuff it here it is
C: West (R) Bannister R. (TP) Maslin (OC)
HF: Chivers (BT) Parton (OC) Tourigarnis (BT)
F: Bannister J. (TP) Bannister C. (TP) Bannister S. (TP)
Rucks; Goodwin S. (TP) Goodwin T. (TP) Goodwin D. (TP)

Just a few quick changes to your team of the year KB..!!

Now the side looks much more balanced!

How many King Browns do you intend to knock off Saturday Arvo?? tipping there will be plenty if you make the finals, and probably plenty more if you don't...............

Cheers!:thumbsu:

Tips for last game

YV
BT
OGS
OC
Prahran

FWIW Moss Rockets team of the year:

Gayfer Foster-Knight Battle
D.Collins Munro Burridge
West Chivers A.Drew
White Keem O'Brien