D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kingbrown said:
Left footer is that right Hansie.

Are you still alive, Didn't you die in that plane crash!!!

KB, that is indeed "Jogger", James White, that you speak of.

And yes, I am still around - plane crash was all a scam to help get me off match fixing charges!!!!:thumbsu:

hansie said:
KB, that is indeed "Jogger", James White, that you speak of.

And yes, I am still around - plane crash was all a scam to help get me off match fixing charges!!!!:thumbsu:

Good player that Jogger - rate him pretty highly from the couple of times that I have seen him.

Hey Mossrocket, why Unkles as your ruck option for team of year? He's a handy player, but there are plenty of others who I think deserve to go ahead of him based on form and ability... Ballard's overall form would have to make him favourite. He's been out for last few weeks. Anyone know what with and whether he's back this week?

Thorpedo69 said:
Hey Mossrocket, why Unkles as your ruck option for team of year? He's a handy player, but there are plenty of others who I think deserve to go ahead of him based on form and ability... Ballard's overall form would have to make him favourite. He's been out for last few weeks. Anyone know what with and whether he's back this week?
I agree with Moss, and i am non-carey. I think there are some OC players who are greatly overrated, however the ruck duo has been a dominant force-They killed us. Whilst out injured i watched a couple of other matches, and watched them smash Ballard. The only difference i would have is Basell instead of Unkles. It seems like the rucks and FB , CHB are the most contentious positions, and this has a lot to do with different people seeing different games. keep those nominations coming. Do you have a side of the year Chunkythorpe ??

Thorpedo69 said:

Ballard won't play this saturday - out with an ankle.

Don't suppose anyone from BT is on this thread anymore, but would be interesting to get a feeling from the group as to this weekends
U17 Colts Grand Final given the almighty blue that went on at Bulleen Park in the preliminary final last week?

From all reports the BT Colts are an absolute sure thing for the GF... still, there will be so many officals and police around the place things should be ok. Just wonder what the talk around the club is (if any) re the prospect of more violence? Might be good if the Seniors get down there to lend support for their juniors regardless (who they would hope will feed into the U19s next year).

Knackers i think we could come up with the D1 team of the year with the criteria being red hair. I'm pretty sure Therry would be very prominent and may dominate if this criteria was set. By the way where is Mystery Dog , he hasn't graced this thread for ages.

Kingbrowns on Saturday, not sure. Definitely a few VB's, however some of the old bas ***** at Rupo have started on the Pure Blondes, i think they may be defecting, perhaps to the OG.

Thorpedo69 said:

Maybe there are Thorpy! I put Ballard on the bench. As i follow OC, i guess i am a combination of biased, have seen him a lot and don't really know too many others. He is a great player. Huge unit, much fitter than he looks, great hands, very strong in ball-ups, especially throw ins. From consensus, i think it is between Ballard and the OC rucks. Waters has not played enough. Legoe is not good enough. So i guess we will have to wait and see whether it is Ballard, or as AA17 says, the two OC boys.
Moss Out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of criteria being used but if it is best players available to play
The order would be:
Waters - BT just ahead of Ballard - ESL
Cleeve - OM
then - Basell - OC ahead of injury prone -Radywonik - Pra
and then Unkles - OC

OC may have best ruck rotation but do not have an individual ruckman that could be in Team of the year - IMO.

Is that so said:
Not sure of criteria being used but if it is best players available to play
Is that so said:
The order would be:
Waters - BT just ahead of Ballard - ESL
Cleeve - OM
then - Basell - OC ahead of injury prone -Radywonik - Pra
and then Unkles - OC

OC may have best ruck rotation but do not have an individual ruckman that could be in Team of the year - IMO.[/quote]

Nice work Is That So. Waters who has played 5 of 17 will not make the side. May make the VFA side of the year, but not VAFA. I think Ballard is the stand-out, with one of the OC boys likely to sit on the pine.

Still waiting on a heap of tips. Roll them in fella's. This is going to be a big weekend of football.

Can the BT bounce back to form? OGS and Rupo certainly hope not!

Cheers-DG

Some big ins at Bennetswood - I am a lot happier than I have been all week. We have a number of changes, 5 or 6 absolute quality players, that we have really missed over the last couple of weeks. While they might not be 100% match fit, they could be the difference. Go Animals!!!

Here it is, last round and time for a clean sweep from the man with the golden touch.

Will be a helluva weekend out and about, I'm sure some of the more classy night club establishments will be on the lookout for a lot of "birthdays" that involve many drunken men arguing with the exceptionally intelligent numbered Gestapo manning the front doors about missing all their mates on the inside, not to mention the phantom girlfriends inside whose mobiles aren't working.

"Can I just go in and find her mate, come on please, I'm fine, I've only had half a dozen", will be belted out ad nauseum from the Motel, to the Marquee, to Frostees, to Q-Bar, to Revolver, to 161.

All the best to the troopers that end up left taking on the High TER numbered biatches dressed in black. Just remember, be original!!!!

I just hope the fallen heroes are remembered fondly on Sunday and Monday and aren't subjected to too much ridicule for being home in bed at midnight!!! Good luck to those playing their last game of the year this week, and even better luck with the post match shenanigans.

On that note, here are Midas's tips:

OG's have a heap to play for, as do the Animals. Just think that Leo's last quarter fadeouts will hurt them again, and the OG's may open the door for the Two Blues to reload for 2007 in D1

Speaking of the Two Blues, them and OM's should be a cracker. The form of both sides has been that of middle of the road teams in the second half of the year, offering an even clash. Prahran might click and get over the line.

Carey & Banyule, well will be a nothing game for either team, the Bears might surprise but I seriously doubt it, they've had a disappointing second half and the OC are primed.

Down at Domeney, the dangerous Therry take on the Bushrangers primed for their first D1 finals appearance. Their form has been very good, with a strong midfield and forward line and despite having a lot of respect for Therry, I think Yarra will win and win well.

And finally, the cracker, Rupo & BT. The youth and pace of Rupo v the mix that BT have. God difficult to call but Rupo have grown in stature and BT seem to be stumbling. Can Big Easto turn it around? I'm not sure, but given I've rated BT higher than Rupo all year, can;t get off now, BT.

Looking forward to the finals series and even more so to the Big Footy booze up on Como. Midas out boys

Big Weekend coming up should be very interesting out on the Turps Sat. night!!

Tips for the last round:

OG's
OM's
OC
TP
Rupo

Cheers!!::thumbsu:

Conduct Unbecoming said:
Don't suppose anyone from BT is on this thread anymore, but would be interesting to get a feeling from the group as to this weekends
Conduct Unbecoming said:
U17 Colts Grand Final given the almighty blue that went on at Bulleen Park in the preliminary final last week?

From all reports the BT Colts are an absolute sure thing for the GF... still, there will be so many officals and police around the place things should be ok. Just wonder what the talk around the club is (if any) re the prospect of more violence? Might be good if the Seniors get down there to lend support for their juniors regardless (who they would hope will feed into the U19s next year).

Have not been down this week but would imagine it received a passing intrest only due to the fact that Bulleen-Temp Colts are raging hot favorites for the flag.

If its on Sunday, I would think there will be a few seniors down there at Bulleen Park as the links between the junior and senior clubs has really strengthend in the past 5 years. The Colts have provided some really good kids recently and the trend looks set to continue.

"OC have the class factor with numerous stars that have / could play at a far higher level. This will carry them to a premiership victory over OG's, with Rupo and BT to fill the 3rd and 4th positions"

Referring to my above comments from some months ago, I am going to enter this week's tips accordingly :

OGS
OC
Therry
Rupo
OM

The only "contender" we are waiting for is Ugly! Plus a nice weather report.
Geeves has just filled up the tank and decided we will be heading to Bulleen Temp tomorrow. Looking forward to sampling some of their fine hospitality and food. Will be intersting tomorrow. Probably up to a dozen forum regulars all standing within a hundred metres of each other. I might let rip with a few "Who's Kingbrown" calls during the day.
Will be also venturing tio YV during the day to check on scores.

Good luck all!

Cheers - DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back