D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conduct Unbecoming said:
Interesting perspective DG-Man...heres another one:

Noticed that P Robertson kicked 6 goals in the twos for BT on the weekend; that former senior captain S Driver has been flying under the radar in the twos in the last few weeks (not 'named' on Saturday's teamsheet?); and that somehow Chris Darby played v YV (again, not 'named' on last weekend's teamsheet - playing under another name? - remember you only have to be recorded with 1 game to qualify for finals!!) without so much as a mention anywhere...

Could it be that BT are quietly returning some physical strength and finals experience very quietly via the reserves?? Perhaps playing guys into fitness and form hoping no-one will notice (unless of course you kick 6 goals and actually get mentioned in the match report and named on the teamsheet ....oops, someone might get their butt kicked for that one!!).:cool: :cool:

Robbo has played about 4 ressies games this year and has performed exceptionally well, work being the reason why he hasn't been able to string games together. S Driver and Darby both played against YV in the ressies and were both among the best on the day, yet neither played against Prahran on the weekend. However, i doubt that any of these three players would be brought into the seniors for finals as they have probably played 10 2's games between them for the year.

Sorry CU, no 'butt kicking' happening down at BT.

smudger57 said:
Robbo has played about 4 ressies games this year and has performed exceptionally well, work being the reason why he hasn't been able to string games together. S Driver and Darby both played against YV in the ressies and were both among the best on the day, yet neither played against Prahran on the weekend. However, i doubt that any of these three players would be brought into the seniors for finals as they have probably played 10 2's games between them for the year.
smudger57 said:
Sorry CU, no 'butt kicking' happening down at BT.

I would suspect Smudger, that it would be difficult to break into the BT side with only 4 games to go. However, Robertson is clearly in form (has already played seniors in 2006 - didn't he get suspended??), Driver is a former captain and state rep player, and Darby in ex A Grade player with that X factor and hardness you will need in finals . The question will be who will they displace (if anyone)? All things being equal, at least 2 of them would be in your best 22.

As I suggested in my previous post, I smelt a rat when I saw the names on the timesheet and I thought I could expose your little game. Finals are a different scenario - sometimes you need to think outside the square.

Conduct is making a statement and one way or another he will be proven to be either a) smarter than you think or b) quite stupid (and yes ILSS, I can already anticipate your reply). September will tell.:cool:

mystery dog was a very happy man in the rooms after the game on saturday and yes did meet a few of the boys and had a very entertaining chat with the om man.
Of coarse the ILSS was not to be seen which i very much expected and very much expected his still cocky attitude on this forum this week, but like i said they helped us take a step away from relegation which we appreciate rupo.
Speaking to a few of the boys after the game and they really believed that the ruckman they have really let them down in the game and just aint up to ones football.
Any comments ILSS?

Dog out

Conduct Unbecoming said:
I would suspect Smudger, that it would be difficult to break into the BT side with only 4 games to go. However, Robertson is clearly in form (has already played seniors in 2006 - didn't he get suspended??), Driver is a former captain and state rep player, and Darby in ex A Grade player with that X factor and hardness you will need in finals . The question will be who will they displace (if anyone)? All things being equal, at least 2 of them would be in your best 22.

As I suggested in my previous post, I smelt a rat when I saw the names on the timesheet and I thought I could expose your little game. Finals are a different scenario - sometimes you need to think outside the square.

Conduct is making a statement and one way or another he will be proven to be either a) smarter than you think or b) quite stupid (and yes ILSS, I can already anticipate your reply). September will tell.:cool:

Are you suggesting Conduct that good reserves form warrants senior selection?
There is a fair difference in my opinion between reserves and seniors and not to many teams woul dbe hiding players, what do you gain from it?

Is that so said:
Are you suggesting Conduct that good reserves form warrants senior selection?
There is a fair difference in my opinion between reserves and seniors and not to many teams woul dbe hiding players, what do you gain from it?

Well good form is good form. Confidence is a wonderful thing. But i do agree reserves is fair from a serior match conditions, as is under 19's to seriors. Both require a step up in skill, speed and physical presence. Only complete players can jump into seriors and hold their own. Otherwise weaknesses will be exposed. Just my opinion.

I Love Sandra Sully said:
Carn The Rupi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) ;) Yellow And Blue........ Oh We're From Rupertswood!!!!!!

Therry Lads.... Feel Free To Come In And Join In Our Song Tomorrow Arvo.... I Know It's Been A While Since You Gave Your Vocal Cords A Work Out.

So how did you go Sandra??? who sung what????

untapped said:
Confidence is a wonderful thing.

reserves is far from a serior match conditions, as is under 19's to seriors.

Yer i'd agree there is a big jump in speed skill and physical pressure. I think however reserve player can make that jump one at a time. If a resevre team player any senior they would get shown up big time but 1 player coming up lifts to the standard around them, they won't dominate like they did in the 2's but they will still show the good touch if they are started on the ground and a shown to have confidence from the coaching staff.

Gotta love the thread
First timer but go easy,
Question for DG?
You interest me.... You imply you are a D1 follower and yet were first-hand unaware of Reds relative dominance last year.....
I cant remember if you have confirmed a team following?

Chip & Gravy said:
Gotta love the thread
First timer but go easy,
Question for DG?
You interest me.... You imply you are a D1 follower and yet were first-hand unaware of Reds relative dominance last year.....
He seems to have a soft spot for OG's.

Chip & Gravy said:
Gotta love the thread
First timer but go easy,
Question for DG?

Chips and Gravy....oh i could eat you right now!
You have to remember, 4 clubs playing D1 this year, did not play with Reds in D1 last year. That wonderful thing called promotion and relegation.
There's a clue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DG-Man, maybe you are just trying to put people off the scent of where your loyalties really lie?

I can also confirm I have SOLID evidence that an Umpire sits within this forum. I mean SOLID............... Or have people already worked that one out?:cool:

The OM man has just realised that he is in danger of tipping relegation...luckily ILSS can't buy a win or i'd be a little worried. The OM man is also aware of the importance of this weeks matches for every side. The OM man has just realised that he refers to himself in the 3rd person quite a bit. But anyway tips are as follows:

Emmaus v YV: Both have a lot to play for, YV need to stay in close contact with the top 4, if Emmaus win and banyule lose we have our 2 sides playing D2 next year. I'm going to pick Emmaus in a close one, although YV will put up a superb fight!!! 9 points.

OC v Rupo: Hard to not be bias toward to rupi, but with OC's form of late, and a home ground advantage we will need to see some early season form from rupo to stay in the hunt. Rupo by 13 points :)

Therry v OG: Watching therry last week i felt vindicated! The team i had rated so highly all year had turned it on and impressed everyone at the ground. But the ogger's have demolished the OM's and "are ready to puurrrrrrrrr". Hard to pick game of the round but i think this is it!!! Expect a very physical contest, and therry to win 2 on the trot. Therry by 5 points.

OM's v BT: Bad loss for the OM's against geelong, close win for BT against Prahran. Home ground advantage will close the margin, but BT will continue their unbeaten record away this year. BT by 34 points.

Prahran v Banyule: The boys from toorak park will bring home the bacon this week. Recent form suggests an inclusion of these mainstream players and will move off the bottom with the biggest win of the round. Prahran by 39 points

Chip & Gravy said:
DG-Man, maybe you are just trying to put people off the scent of where your loyalties really lie?

I can also confirm I have SOLID evidence that an Umpire sits within this forum. I mean SOLID............... Or have people already worked that one out?:cool:

An umpire! Chips n Gravy 2 days on and 2 intriguing questions/statements:
who is DG and Umpire is amongst us.
Where do you loyalties lie!

My loyalties are with the D1 forum and the tipping comp.

DG just loves his footy. I follow the great players and the great games. I have seen everyone other than Banyule this year.

I can tell you that i am not an umpire.

DG likes to keep his anonimity for legal and security reasons only.

All will be revealed at the D1 forum catch-up (Geeves is preparing cavier and prawns for our BT contributors, and humble pie for ILSS as we speak!)

Chip & Gravy said:

I have two names that I can think of at the moment...and DG Man is not one of them. Claiming to have no allegiance to any team in D1 and just being a supporter of the division might as well be followed with a whistle blowing in the background...

Toohas said:
I have two names that I can think of at the moment...and DG Man is not one of them. Claiming to have no allegiance to any team in D1 and just being a follower of the division might as well be followed with a whistle blowing in the background...

Thanks for your support Toohas. Was starting to sweat a little. Imagine an umpire running (and tipping) in a comp. Match fixing allegations????
Remember, their is a date with Sandra Sully for the winner of this comp. Assuming ILSS can arrange one!

Around the Ground said:
Yer i'd agree there is a big jump in speed skill and physical pressure. I think however reserve player can make that jump one at a time. If a resevre team player any senior they would get shown up big time but 1 player coming up lifts to the standard around them, they won't dominate like they did in the 2's but they will still show the good touch if they are started on the ground and a shown to have confidence from the coaching staff.
=====

Interesting thoughts around the ground, agree that 1 or 2 coming up can adjust and contribute given time, probably more difficult for U19s IMO, not sure about the starting on the ground theory though (unless there are numerous exclusions from the ones due to injury).

Starting them on the ground would mean they leap frog the 3 or 4 on the bench in the seniors already, what would that do to their confidence?

Surely being selected shows confidence and not the starting position on the ground.

IMO players have to take advantage of whatever opportunity they are given regardless of where they start (on or off)

Next 4 weeks will determine a fair bit about depth IMO those teams that elevate 1 or 2 to have a look will be better prepared come finals than those who are guessing on the eve of a final due to a late out , injury etc.

Perhaps a review of teamsheets and last game played will be of interest in the next few weeks.

Is that so said:
An umpire! Chips n Gravy 2 days on and 2 intriguing questions/statements:
who is DG and Umpire is amongst us.
Where do you loyalties lie!

I'm also a D1 footy lover, with some friends in the outer circle at Old Mentone. As for the umpire my suspicions do not lie with DG-Man, he is trying too hard not to give away which club he supports, and reports to...

I have just had yet another look and it seems he is not participating in the footy tips so I will name him: BomberCam. I overheard the exact same comment he posted on the weekend by the umpire. And if you read his post on page 93 he gives info on who would be winning the B & F.....;)

Hope I'm free from the suspicion. Those that know me know that I am not exactly an umpire's best friend!!!! However I am a very keen support of D1 football.

As for whoever is the Qwill, your reveal will be met with a degree of ridicule I am certain given the lack of depth to the weekly contributions.

I will say my piece and that is if you are a regular poster, given you're paid to write articles on D1 footy less time on here and more time speaking to people in the know in D1 circles would assist in a better quality article.

The easiest thing to do would be to post the following link:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5564008&posted=1#post5564008

over the D1 double spread and everyone would be way more informed than the tripe that is rehashed from the far right column on a weekly basis and passed off as an article on D1 footy.

Then perhaps we could use whatever it is you are paid on a weekly basis to help lubricate one another's throats with caviar and bubbly, or perhaps just beer and hot dogs, when the season is over.

Nice work Midas. With the cash saved I'd go a few hotdogs over a teaspoon of fish eggs anyday though... Some Moet might be good to wash it down with though.

What a big weekend of D1 footy is coming up!

Chip & Gravy said:
I'm also a D1 footy lover, with some friends in the outer circle at Old Mentone. As for the umpire my suspicions do not lie with DG-Man, he is trying too hard not to give away which club he supports, and reports to...

I have just had yet another look and it seems he is not participating in the footy tips so I will name him: BomberCam. I overheard the exact same comment he posted on the weekend by the umpire. And if you read his post on page 93 he gives info on who would be winning the B & F.....;)

**Very astute reading like your style for now we will assume Bomber cam is an umpire-

Now where did YOU hear these exact same words from an umpire??

:D :D :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back