D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter,

Was there much planning put into the Werribee game at all, ie who did you identify and tag etc?

Werribee were lacking in the height department, with Fastuca, A Taylor and P Keogh out and Ayling playing reserves. Is this an area you exploited? South Melbourne did it last year with great results.

Drifter,

Was there much planning put into the Werribee game at all, ie who did you identify and tag etc?

Werribee were lacking in the height department, with Fastuca, A Taylor and P Keogh out and Ayling playing reserves. Is this an area you exploited? South Melbourne did it last year with great results.

Well we know your team backwards as I suppose you know ours

We did play 3 times last year as you know and the teams havent changed much so yeah we know we are taller than you and you are quicker than us - that would go for most teams you play

We honestly plan/prepare very hard for each opposition every week - i know bc I do alot of it.

So no different for the Werribee game than any other week

No tags at all were applied

Drifter,

What South did last year in the latter half anyway was respect the Lee's and apply plenty of pressure. If you can get in Werribee's head, to the point where they start to turn on themselves, then you have them beat.

I'm still yet to see a side that argues amongst themselves more. I love playing them though and can't wait for next year. They're definitely heading to D1 despite Saturday's loss. IMO it's them and either ESL (who are a surprise packet for mine) and GE.

What South did last year in the latter half anyway was respect the Lee's and apply plenty of pressure. If you can get in Werribee's head, to the point where they start to turn on themselves, then you have them beat.

I'm still yet to see a side that argues amongst themselves more. I love playing them though and can't wait for next year. They're definitely heading to D1 despite Saturday's loss. IMO it's them and either ESL (who are a surprise packet for mine) and GE.
at this stage yarra valley (0-7) look to be coming back to D2 next season along with one of SMD, aquinas or prahran. just maybe dont count on playing against werribee too soon ;)
im sure if given the chance you couldnt wait to play against bentleigh due to the history there!
hope you boys can stay up though. i always like to see promoted clubs hold their spot :thumbsu:

Harps, that might have been the case in the past, but you won't find that happening now.
We'll take 6/1 at this point of the season. As you all know hard to be up every week. ESL played well and got the points, no excuses. Good thing about footy is there is always next week.

No respect Harper:mad: - we'll see you next year too

yeh surely they will....there must be a few more clubs with some VFL listed players to be available this week!!

Is Rhyce Prismall's Feeder club the Werribee Ammos? if so is he a chance? and will big Chris Hudson pull on a warriors jumper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Rhyce Prismall's Feeder club the Werribee Ammos? if so is he a chance? and will big Chris Hudson pull on a warriors jumper?

Not sure about Hudson, depends if he gets released. Be good to have him back for a week, hopefully he can get some of his mates to come and have a run as well. Maybe even his cousin?

Really depends on the weather mate.

If its a sunny/dry day then it will be green and soft... if its bucketing down than bring your gum boots!
Bentleigh is not that far from St Kilda's old home ground in Moorabbin so maybe they should turn back the clock to the Saints of the 80's & leave the sprinklers on Friday night???

Not sure about Hudson, depends if he gets released. Be good to have him back for a week, hopefully he can get some of his mates to come and have a run as well. Maybe even his cousin?

Akka, Is Paul Hudson thinking of pulling the boots on this weekend??? What is his story?? how come he isnt playing? Enjoying too many frothies?..........

Cant we have a separate Werribee page. This is just getting tedious and boring with all the crap.

THere is a gippsland football league? Surely something better for you to do in Morwell than worry about D2 Ammos and the Werribee Tigers...... like stated a million times....... DONT LIKE IT, DONT READ IT

Bentleigh is not that far from St Kilda's old home ground in Moorabbin so maybe they should turn back the clock to the Saints of the 80's & leave the sprinklers on Friday night???

Forget Bentleigh. They're heading south for the winter, just like St.Kilda.
Glen Eira have been the improvers from that part of town. Look to be a gap forming in the middle. Expect the top 4 to break away from the pack at the halfway turn. OP re in deep trouble after double dropping. An upset this week is on the cards and a big battle for relegation will begin come round 10. Werribee and St.Leos will head the list and Banyule right on their coat tails. GE next and Ivanhoe a little of the pace before a big logjam towards the tail of th ladder. This could end up being a season similar to last year down at the wrong end in D2.
Here's how it'll look at in just over a fortnight:

Werribee 32 (2 tough games, but should win both)
St.Leos 32 (2 shall we say easybeats...? We will after the next month)
Banyule 28 (Tough match away this week, then should enjoy a week off and less of a challenge the follwing Sat)
Glen Eira 24 (Expecting big things. Big chance at Werribee with a week's rest to prepare)
Ivanhoe 16 (Won't really threaten. Just be thereabouts all year)
Therry 12 (Fortunes are changing. Look for a strong round on the back 9)
Parade 8 (Will start to struggle methinks. Will battle it out with Bentleigh for 9th spot)
Bentleigh 8 (I've said they're no good and maintain it. Lucky to survive last year. Doubt they will this year)
O W'bourne 8 (Seem to know where they're at and I suspect will improve as the season progresses)
Salesian 8 (In struggletown, but will mix it with the middle pack and may cause a couple of upsets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back