D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Taylor and T.Lee will battle out the Werribee B&F, C.Lee was injured earlier in the year and is not as consistent as his brother or M.Taylor who was last years B&F winner. Hutton should win OW's as well; nobody has been nearly as consistent as the Westbourne number 12.

Tips:

ESL vs. OP. ESL are fiercely chasing Werribee and the top spot at the moment, and OP are struggling with indifferent form. The Paradians will be looking to bounce back from last week, but aren't good enough to beat the form team of the comp. ESL by 10 goals.

BENTLEIGH vs. IVANHOE. Sharp in for Bent, Pace out for Ivanhoe, will it make the difference? Not IMO. Ivanhoe are if nothing else a competitive team and Bentleigh haven't been for the last couple. The hoes by 5 goals.

SMS vs. TP. Therry were woeful against OW and SMS are on the improve going on last weeks results. I think TP are better than last week suggested though and will bounce back this week by 3 goals.

WERRIBEE vs. GE. GE are just going along nicely but are still yet to prove whether they are the real deal. Werribee are on top for a reason and will welcome Antonello back this week. Don’t think GE have what it takes to beat the ladder leaders though. Ammos by 15 points.

OW vs. Banylue. Big win for OW last week, showing the comp that they are not here just to make up the numbers. It is amazing that Banyule are equal first on points, yet nobody seems to rate them with Werribee and ESL. OW will go from strength to strength in the coming weeks with inclusion such as Lever who is their captain and most important player, and Brett Connors. Think OW may surprise Banyule by 8 points.

i have heard that banyule, ivanhoe and old paradians, along with eltham college have been approached by the NFL in regards to joining their competition for season 2009?

has anyone from this competition heard this, or anyone from the respective clubs?

i have heard that banyule, ivanhoe and old paradians, along with eltham college have been approached by the NFL in regards to joining their competition for season 2009?

has anyone from this competition heard this, or anyone from the respective clubs?

doesnt eltham already have a side in that comp?

Yeah I've also heard that Old Essendon, Therry Penola & St bernards have been approached by Essendon & District League.

Glen Eira, Ormond, Hampton Rovers, Bentleigh, Beaumaris, Parkdale, Oakleigh, Monash, Ajax, Elsternwick & the 5 Mentone teams have been approched by the Southern FL.

Aquinas by the Eastern. Werribee Old Westbourne & Williamstown to the WRFL

And I've even heard that South Mornington, St Francis Xavier & Peninsula are getting poached by the Mornington Peninsula League...

I mean seriously where are you getting this info from, you've already been told that Old Paradians is staying.

Yeah I've also heard that Old Essendon, Therry Penola & St bernards have been approached by Essendon & District League.

Glen Eira, Ormond, Hampton Rovers, Bentleigh, Beaumaris, Parkdale, Oakleigh, Monash, Ajax, Elsternwick & the 5 Mentone teams have been approched by the Southern FL.

Aquinas by the Eastern. Werribee Old Westbourne & Williamstown to the WRFL

And I've even heard that South Mornington, St Francis Xavier & Peninsula are getting poached by the Mornington Peninsula League...

I mean seriously where are you getting this info from, you've already been told that Old Paradians is staying.

Richmond Central have been kindly asked by the AFL to join their ranks and host blockbusters at the G.

Richmond Central have been kindly asked by the AFL to join their ranks and host blockbusters at the G.
Ivanhoe have actually been asked to join the EPL, seriously weighing it up and will be discussed at the AGM later this year. Have been guaranteed a place in the UEFA cup if we decide to move to England

I think Taylor and T.Lee will battle out the Werribee B&F, C.Lee was injured earlier in the year and is not as consistent as his brother or M.Taylor who was last years B&F winner. Hutton should win OW's as well; nobody has been nearly as consistent as the Westbourne number 12.

Tips:

ESL vs. OP. ESL are fiercely chasing Werribee and the top spot at the moment, and OP are struggling with indifferent form. The Paradians will be looking to bounce back from last week, but aren't good enough to beat the form team of the comp. ESL by 10 goals.

BENTLEIGH vs. IVANHOE. Sharp in for Bent, Pace out for Ivanhoe, will it make the difference? Not IMO. Ivanhoe are if nothing else a competitive team and Bentleigh haven't been for the last couple. The hoes by 5 goals.

SMS vs. TP. Therry were woeful against OW and SMS are on the improve going on last weeks results. I think TP are better than last week suggested though and will bounce back this week by 3 goals.

WERRIBEE vs. GE. GE are just going along nicely but are still yet to prove whether they are the real deal. Werribee are on top for a reason and will welcome Antonello back this week. Don’t think GE have what it takes to beat the ladder leaders though. Ammos by 15 points.

OW vs. Banylue. Big win for OW last week, showing the comp that they are not here just to make up the numbers. It is amazing that Banyule are equal first on points, yet nobody seems to rate them with Werribee and ESL. OW will go from strength to strength in the coming weeks with inclusion such as Lever who is their captain and most important player, and Brett Connors. Think OW may surprise Banyule by 8 points.

Hey centurian. Exactly why is Lever your most important player? I saw Westourne play in 3 games last year and didnt notice him at all!

Good game by the hoes to get up in both games.

Us Two's got up by 3 points and the Ones by about 13 points.

Both sides lead in the main game throughout the day but thankfully to the woodman down forward kicking 6 got us over the line. Game pretty much played in good spirit however some of the crowd down at Bentleigh need to pull their heads in.

The older guy down at full forward for Bentleigh was abusing his own players throughout the day and was constantly yelling abuse to his bench. In all my years of being involved in football I have never seen this before to the same extent, I heard a few of his team mates tell him to pull his head in but he just kept going. Even heard the umpire turn around to a bentleigh player in the last quarter and say to him he doesn't know how they put up with it. Was quite amusing :)

Any other reports for the round?

Bring on St Leo's next week at the Ivanhoe Park Dunghill.

The older guy down at full forward for Bentleigh was abusing his own players throughout the day and was constantly yelling abuse to his bench.
are you talking about sharp? hes the only "older guy at full forward" that I can think of. you obviously dont know who he is? quite a unique looking guy. in case you dont know, sharp is bald as a babys bum... so are you talking about him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you talking about sharp? hes the only "older guy at full forward" that I can think of. you obviously dont know who he is? quite a unique looking guy. in case you dont know, sharp is bald as a babys bum... so are you talking about him?

Yeah sorry mate I'm fairly new to the league, yes that sounds like the guy. Think he kicked a few goals however.

Was talking to one of your blokes and he said you are struggling for numbers? Fantastic facilities you have I would think you would attract plarers because of them?

Yeah sorry mate I'm fairly new to the league, yes that sounds like the guy. Think he kicked a few goals however.

Was talking to one of your blokes and he said you are struggling for numbers? Fantastic facilities you have I would think you would attract plarers because of them?
not sure whether struggling for numbers is the correct way to put it. last year we constantly had less than 22 players for the 2s so there was no competition for spots at all, so we did struggle last year, but with a nice handful of u19s coming up this season both sides are able to fill full lists. so not so much lack of numbers but lack of naturally skilled players as well as being hit hard with injuries in the first half of the season, hopefully those fortunes turn around from now on. as has been said before its a young side with u19s from the last 2-3 years making up most of the side each week. the more games they get and the more they all play together will be beneficial for the next few years.
many people do rate our facilities but the other teams in the area such as ormond, oakleigh, hampton are all in higher sections and good players would much rather play at a club thats seen as more successful I guess

Game pretty much played in good spirit however some of the crowd down at Bentleigh need to pull their heads in.

Didnt actually think the crowd needed to at all... its good to see the supporters flying the flag for their mates and trying to lift the spirits...
good spirit...perhaps u missed the cheap punch your #8 layed on Bentleigh's backman..and the attempt to banter a player warming up on the sidelines..wata joke...u might want to tell the deluded dud hes playing D2 football not afl...the ball consistantly fell into his hands..and he wasnt as impressive as he thinks...perhaps he should join a band..because all i managed to establish is that hes good at blowing his own trumpet....

Didnt actually think the crowd needed to at all... its good to see the supporters flying the flag for their mates and trying to lift the spirits...
good spirit...perhaps u missed the cheap punch your #8 layed on Bentleigh's backman..and the attempt to banter a player warming up on the sidelines..wata joke...u might want to tell the deluded dud hes playing D2 football not afl...the ball consistantly fell into his hands..and he wasnt as impressive as he thinks...perhaps he should join a band..because all i managed to establish is that hes good at blowing his own trumpet....
I recall seeing this incident and at the time thought Box (the bentleigh player that was struck) was going to unleash a few back. what started as a couple of harmless pushes in the chest was followed by the cheap hit from the ivanhoe player, who then proceeded to mouth off and a bentleigh interchange player who was jogging around the boundary. just another of those characters who thinks hes bigger than the game.
question to you "facethescoreboard", are you a bentleigh player or just a face in the crowd?

A few people tipped Werribee to be turned over on the weekend. Good to see that not even wishful thinking will get some sides over the line! Keep hoping boys!

Akka, your boys seem to have put up a good fight on the weekend. What were the conditions like out there on the weekend?

Three way race to the flag? does anyone think otherwise? if so, please state your case?

Another Lee brother at Werribee??

D. Lee 7 Goals this week??

Any explaination?

It's raining Lee's and Goals down over the West Gate!

D Lee not in the same class as the other 2 - how he kicked 7 baffles me:confused:

Anyhow - where is Game On?? - thats a terrible effort by Glen Eira

What went wrong for the Saints or right for Werribee - a margin like that should not happen if a side puts in for 4 qtrs..

We were scrappy against OP - the scoreboard really flattered ESL.

Im surprised OP havent troubled more teams this year.

Finally a pity OW couldnt knock off Banyule - the race in 3 is definitely on

D Lee not in the same class as the other 2 - how he kicked 7 baffles me:confused:

Anyhow - where is Game On?? - thats a terrible effort by Glen Eira

What went wrong for the Saints or right for Werribee - a margin like that should not happen if a side puts in for 4 qtrs..

Short version - They were too quick and our talls didn't step up.

Long version - Will take me too long to write.

Both sides had alot of players out, and GE depth was tested. I'd say that the next time we meet both sides will hopefully be at full strength and we can get a better judgement of where GE is at.

Very dissapointing.

Same question to you redandtheblue
I am a current player.
older than the majority of my teammates though.
anyway looks like we need to recruit some players with the surname "lee" they seem to do alright.
58 goals shared between them for werribee in the first half of the season.
I dont expect as many in the second half of the year as teams should be out to stop them in their efforts to come close to a positive result.
I always look forward to seeing how many teams can turn results around from earlier in the year and get the points the second time round.
good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back