D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wamba, you cant just name blokes from the D3 grand final team sheet and call them stars just to take the focus off your favoritism :eek:

You're right Paddy.

I should have put the little fast bloke No.22 and the smooth moving no.48 (Under 19's I presume?) in as well or maybe Templeton at CHB but I couldn't find them on the D3 GF teamsheet!:eek:

Might as well start with the tipping boys.

ESL v Bentleigh
Bentleigh have heaps to play for in this one, and will be hoping OP can upstage Therry so they remain a chance of avoiding the drop. ESL still have top spot to play for and will win this. Bentleigh will hope Sharp can carry on his recent form and at least keep the margin minimal. ESL by 5 goals.

Banyule v SMS
Banyule have been going about there business very quietly, they haven't been great lately, but they were good enough in the early parts of the season to secure 3rd spot. They will be hoping to regain their earlier form heading into finals. SMS have nothing to play for really. Banyule by 60 points

OP v TP
Huge game in the race to avoid the drop. TP have plenty to play for and will come out firing. OP tested us twice this year, and I think Young, Sage, and Brabender are good enough to get them over the line. OP by 5 points

GE v Werribee
Very easy tip. GE have nothing to play for, and Werribee still have to secure top spot. Werribee smashed us two weeks ago, and I can't see them dropping one so close to finals. Werribee by 10 goals.

OW v Ivanhoe
We expect Ivanhoe to have some bigs ins this week, and hopefully some of the 'cavalcade of stars' at OW can return to strengthen a team that just got over the line last week. Everything to play for for both teams , so it should be an absolute cracker. If we can control the midfield we should win, but It will be close all day IMO. OW by 2 points.

ESL v Bentleigh
Bentleigh have heaps to play for in this one, and will be hoping OP can upstage Therry so they remain a chance of avoiding the drop. ESL still have top spot to play for and will win this. Bentleigh will hope Sharp can carry on his recent form and at least keep the margin minimal. ESL by 5 goals.

Banyule v SMS
Banyule have been going about there business very quietly, they haven't been great lately, but they were good enough in the early parts of the season to secure 3rd spot. They will be hoping to regain their earlier form heading into finals. SMS have nothing to play for really. Banyule by 60 points

OP v TP
Huge game in the race to avoid the drop. TP have plenty to play for and will come out firing. OP tested us twice this year, and I think Young, Sage, and Brabender are good enough to get them over the line. OP by 5 points

GE v Werribee
Very easy tip. GE have nothing to play for, and Werribee still have to secure top spot. Werribee smashed us two weeks ago, and I can't see them dropping one so close to finals. Werribee by 10 goals.

OW v Ivanhoe
We expect Ivanhoe to have some bigs ins this week, and hopefully some of the 'cavalcade of stars' at OW can return to strengthen a team that just got over the line last week. Everything to play for for both teams , so it should be an absolute cracker. If we can control the midfield we should win, but It will be close all day IMO. OW by 2 points.

Won their last 2 by 117 points over Glen Eira and 115 over Bentleigh. I would say they are going ok.

ESL v Bentleigh

Banyule v SMS

OP v TP

GE v Werribee

OW v Ivanhoe

TT's Tips of the week

since i almost got the draw last week, im going double or nothing again.

OW to Tie with Ivanhoe.

Werribee to have a day out against GE

Therry to win by 3 goals. Bannister to kick another bag.

Banyule to win. Triple Figures.

Drifters boys to kick away late in the game to win by 45 points.

ESL v Bentleigh

Banyule v SMS

OP v TP

GE v Werribee

OW v Ivanhoe

Love your work Akka !! me thinks more than a couple will return this week for your boys - lets just see how many run around at training tonight first ;)

Chumpys tips thios week:

ESL to out gun Bentleigh - 34 points. ESL going very nicely and have all the aces to fold the Demons this week.

Bears over SMS - just - SMS were very good against us last week and if they can get that intensity up again will push the bears. But, the bears are not clearly 3rd for nothing and should pull away by 19 points in the end.

The Bees in some outstanding form and getting quality back at the right time of year. I think they will be too fast and skillful for the saints. bees by 41 points.

OP's and Therry will be a cracker and I expect OP's to win this one. The obvious threat of banno up front, but if Sage and Brabs can kick the same down the other end - then OP's for mind.

Hoes over OW and seal a spot in the finals. In what should be a very even contest - even if Johno healy thinks not, Akka telling porkies about who will be back and a significant home ground advantage - I can see the Hoes being right up for this one and pinching a 2 point victory in a cliffhanger.

The Chump.

Been keeping an eye on D2 this year. Want to know peoples thoughts on Werribee, they are always around the mark but seem to fall over in the finals. Will this change this year or is that something that will play on there mind?

Been keeping an eye on D2 this year. Want to know peoples thoughts on Werribee, they are always around the mark but seem to fall over in the finals. Will this change this year or is that something that will play on there mind?
werribee are the best team in D2. don't see how any team could get close too them this year.

The Bees have been more consistant than the last few years saints. They have played bad games throughout the year but have still come away with wins, which they have probably not done in the past. Look out for ESL though. I feel that a nutural ground would benefit Drifters mob more than the Bees! I think Banyle match up well against Werribee too. Alot of soul searching down at soldiers if they do manage to go out in straight sets IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well first of all ESL beat them earlier in the year, I dont imagine you can get much closer than that.

Werribee and ESL are equal favourites for mine.

Despite what splinters drifter says, its pretty much down to a toss of the coin. The last round however could paint a more clearer picture on how the finals could go. Im suspecting a close hard fought out game. and a fantastic finals series to follow.

Banyule are red hot at the moment too. going by thier results, they could be a real smokey, and i dont think anyone in this comp takes them for granted.

Despite what splinters drifter says, its pretty much down to a toss of the coin. The last round however could paint a more clearer picture on how the finals could go. Im suspecting a close hard fought out game. and a fantastic finals series to follow.

Banyule are red hot at the moment too. going by thier results, they could be a real smokey, and i dont think anyone in this comp takes them for granted.

Ok my tips...... no reasons again Im sorry

Werribee over GE - will be a respectable margin for GE
ESL over Bentleigh

OP over TP - interesting game here - will be close

Ivanhoe over OW - this will be a cracker - I think Ivanhoe have a very underrated side and will get the 4 pts.

That leaves Banyule vs SMS - Bayule

Good luck to all:thumbsu:

The Bees have been more consistant than the last few years saints. They have played bad games throughout the year but have still come away with wins, which they have probably not done in the past. Look out for ESL though. I feel that a nutural ground would benefit Drifters mob more than the Bees! I think Banyle match up well against Werribee too. Alot of soul searching down at soldiers if they do manage to go out in straight sets IMO.

well going by the histroy i'd say you're wrong, in their only meeting on a neutral ground werribee comprehensively beat ESL at elsternwick park by around 10 goals or so

another piece of history from last year, in the last or second last game of the year werribee were spanked by ESL by 10 goals then came out in the frist final and reversed the treatment

this just goes to show how different finals footy is

Quote:::werribee are the best team in D2. don't see how any team could
get close to them this year.

Interesting statement, F G when you consider that a suposedly full strength ladder leader takes until about 10 minutes into the final qtr to finally hit the lead against the team in 6th posi, who went into the game fielding 5 or 6 regular 2nds players. Still, it was nice to finally see a game well umpired and all credit to the winners, whose younger legs finally perservered.

well the therry v OP result went the way that bentleigh needed it to so we still have some hope of staying in D2 in 2009.
the final equation (for us) - bentleigh must defeat SMS and GE must defeat therry however there is then the % difference.
can anyone work out what sort of margains must eventuate in these games for the dees to jump above therry? just would like to know how likely it is that we save our spot. every goal is going to count for something big this week for these sides.
one positive I can see just from looking at the current ladder is we have been the 6th highest scoring side in 2008 so far. looking forward to having a win to finish of the season.

well going by the histroy i'd say you're wrong, in their only meeting on a neutral ground werribee comprehensively beat ESL at elsternwick park by around 10 goals or so

another piece of history from last year, in the last or second last game of the year werribee were spanked by ESL by 10 goals then came out in the frist final and reversed the treatment

this just goes to show how different finals footy is

Yes no doubt we lost

But was far far closer to 5 goals mate - was a 3 goal margin at the 20 minute of the 4th qtr too which the same margin as at the 5 min mark of the 1st qtr

ESL flag favourites,as the only team to beat Werribee this year and with Hickey back this week will spank Werribee at their home ground on Saturday.

the final equation (for us) - bentleigh must defeat SMS and GE must defeat therry however there is then the % difference.
can anyone work out what sort of margains must eventuate in these games for the dees to jump above therry? just would like to know how likely it is that we save our spot. every goal is going to count for something big this week for these sides.

It's a little over 150 points R&B. Totally dependant on how big the scores are.

ESL flag favourites,as the only team to beat Werribee this year and with Hickey back this week will spank Werribee at their home ground on Saturday.

You are so stupid West

I remember on this forum you or some Tiger colleague openly stated you didnt respect St Leos and would flog us by 10 goals last year

EVERYONE on this forum rates Werribee as the team to beat

I reapeat EVERYONE - deal with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back