D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rhyce Prismalls feeder side Werribee Ammos? If so he might be a chance to play against OW too. Maybe his brother might play too... Geelong are too silly to give him a game.

Old Paradians with 8 returning to smash St Mary's.

Considering we didnt make 8 changes that might be a little hard. I am sure we could bring back great Paradians such as Jock McHale, Phonse Kyne, Peter Bedford, Peter McKenna and Alan La Fontaine. 8 back, definetly not.

OW kicked 21.12.138 to beat TP by about 60 points today in the wind at Arctic Park II.

Very even, hard contest for the first half, Therry got the first goal of the third quarter then OW put it together and powered away. Excellent win. Probably two main factors; one, TP ran out of energy, and two, OW were putting together plays involving three or four players and getting the ball turned around by 100 metres. Therry would stop and look for the next player, Westbourne's footy was far more free-flowing.

Having said that, TP threatened when they could switch play to the windward side of the ground and have three or four loose players to kick to - they should have taken more advantage of that, instead of holding the ball up and giving OW time to send the troops across.

Any other results since the VAFA site is buggered up again?

Advice for Bentleigh.

A Post-mortem of season 2008 should be done after the final whistle in round 18. Not now.

Cool heads should prevail. This isn't the time for ego's. For they were tried AND failed mid season. Not everone will have the same opinion for the misery. NOT everyone should be kept. There may be no contracts, but that's not to say in D2 or D3 ammateur football blokes cannot be told their services are not required.

It takes a man with steel balls, but it has to be done. Ask your self, is the senior coach and president the right ones for this job?If doubts remain then they must be tapped on the shoulder and told their services are not required.

Like I said before, ego's must be left behind for a club to go forward.

A team cannot be built ina day. Rome sure as hell wasn't. But that did not stop them from one of the most sucessful empires. Fundamentals for building a footy team up to super power can be taken from the ideals that the Roman Empire were built upon.

But first the basics must be done RIGHT! Not half arsed. Get the core squad out and door knock for sponership. You'll attract quality with quantity (RE: Bank account).

A team that plays together is one that is paid together. No teir structures, Transperency. Only the Captain and the leading goal kicker deserve a higher packet. Equaliarim breads harmony. It would stupid not to reward the top two, but it must stop their.

Anyway that's just a few cold realities that will get you back on your feet.

Take it or leave it

OW kicked 21.12.138 to beat TP by about 60 points today in the wind at Arctic Park II.

Very even, hard contest for the first half, Therry got the first goal of the third quarter then OW put it together and powered away. Excellent win. Probably two main factors; one, TP ran out of energy, and two, OW were putting together plays involving three or four players and getting the ball turned around by 100 metres. Therry would stop and look for the next player, Westbourne's footy was far more free-flowing.

Having said that, TP threatened when they could switch play to the windward side of the ground and have three or four loose players to kick to - they should have taken more advantage of that, instead of holding the ball up and giving OW time to send the troops across.

Another case of the VAFA treating the lower grades as if they don't exist this weekend. No A & B playing so there's no need for the results to be recorded.

This mentality is the achilles heel of an otherwise fantastic competition.

bentleigh showed great signs of improvement (even with a hugely undermanned side) pushing GE all the way in a poorly umpired game of footy to lose by just 2 points. in strange happenings as the wind favoured the clubroom end of the ground (shouldve been about a 6-7 goal advantage) the scoring at times came easier against the gale.
at half time GE did lead by I think 5-6 goals and it seemed game over but bentleigh came out fired up after half time playing smart footy against the wind outscoring GE to be within about 15 points at the final break. could probably go down as bentleighs best quarter of their season and got them to a winning position as they went to the final break with the wind at their backs.
GE played a good defensive quarter as bentleigh tried everything but could not fall over the line. Im sure GE players will agree the game was very poorly umpired as most games are but this one was one of the worst. bentleigh did receive the bulk of the dodgy decisions in what was a great game of footy in the end.

Another case of the VAFA treating the lower grades as if they don't exist this weekend. No A & B playing so there's no need for the results to be recorded.

This mentality is the achilles heel of an otherwise fantastic competition.
Totally agree Clokeless, can we fine them as they do us if we don't have the results in by 5:30?? They rule over us with stupid little fines for clubs that basically run with volunteers, then they can't even put our scores up when the A, B and C grades have a week off. Noticed they managed to put an article on there about the rep game with the result!
As for results in our grade, Werribee proved too strong for us yesterday, kicking away in the last to win by 6 or 7 goals I think.

Totally agree Clokeless, can we fine them as they do us if we don't have the results in by 5:30?? They rule over us with stupid little fines for clubs that basically run with volunteers, then they can't even put our scores up when the A, B and C grades have a week off. Noticed they managed to put an article on there about the rep game with the result!
As for results in our grade, Werribee proved too strong for us yesterday, kicking away in the last to win by 6 or 7 goals I think.

Well out at Bennettswood it was tough old day as we expected against Banyule.

Definitely a wind affected game - we opened with it and really struggled kicking into the gale all day, just holding off a Banyule run in the last quarter.

They were very impressive and I may have been premature in saying they wont play a massive role in September.

Our boys started well and got the 4 points - with the wind etc I dont know how much either side can take out of the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bentleigh showed great signs of improvement (even with a hugely undermanned side) pushing GE all the way in a poorly umpired game of footy to lose by just 2 points. in strange happenings as the wind favoured the clubroom end of the ground (shouldve been about a 6-7 goal advantage) the scoring at times came easier against the gale.
at half time GE did lead by I think 5-6 goals and it seemed game over but bentleigh came out fired up after half time playing smart footy against the wind outscoring GE to be within about 15 points at the final break. could probably go down as bentleighs best quarter of their season and got them to a winning position as they went to the final break with the wind at their backs.
GE played a good defensive quarter as bentleigh tried everything but could not fall over the line. Im sure GE players will agree the game was very poorly umpired as most games are but this one was one of the worst. bentleigh did receive the bulk of the dodgy decisions in what was a great game of footy in the end.

You have got to be kidding. in the last quarter alone frees Bentleigh 11, GE 2. You guys love a whinge. I will agree the umpiring was ordinary but get the stats right and don't be one eyed. Can anyone at your club take stats, I wonder.

Guys, today I saw one of the absolute worst displays of totally incompetent umpiring it has ever been my misfortune to come up against. Despite the dodgy frees and feelings of being hard done by, I'll take any of our D4 umpires (let alone D2) any day against the bald idiot from the WRFL who completely lost control of himself and the game before awarding two free kicks directly in front of goal in the last minute to give the win to the other side.

Even as a spectator - it was the game before my kids played - I am going to be following the reports closely, as I reckon there's grounds for the club to report him for misconduct.

So just be glad of the guys you *do* get...

Guys, today I saw one of the absolute worst displays of totally incompetent umpiring it has ever been my misfortune to come up against. Despite the dodgy frees and feelings of being hard done by, I'll take any of our D4 umpires (let alone D2) any day against the bald idiot from the WRFL who completely lost control of himself and the game before awarding two free kicks directly in front of goal in the last minute to give the win to the other side.

Even as a spectator - it was the game before my kids played - I am going to be following the reports closely, as I reckon there's grounds for the club to report him for misconduct.

So just be glad of the guys you *do* get...

Time to give the umps a good wrap - the A & B umpires who did the ESL-Banyule game did a great job yesterday - clearly the best for the year.

Understood the game and called it well.

You have got to be kidding. in the last quarter alone frees Bentleigh 11, GE 2. You guys love a whinge. I will agree the umpiring was ordinary but get the stats right and don't be one eyed. Can anyone at your club take stats, I wonder.
no Im not kidding... dont think you quite understand what I was saying. as I said the bulk of the frees went bentleighs way in the final term. as you say they were 11(bent)-2(GE). I wasnt having a whinge at all. yes most of the frees went for the away side and thats what I was trying to point out. a lot of those free kicks were poor decisions by the umps and the GE boys had good reason to not be happy with them. I was not complaining that bentleigh got no frees. I was more pointing out that bentleigh did get a lot of the frees so dont start attacking me when you have misunderstood the post.
in conclusion, the game was poorly umpired with the free kick count favouring bentleigh by a long way in the end Id imagine (without having the actual stats here at hand). dont call me one-eyed when I was actually looking at how frustrating it mustve been for GE

Congratulations to OW for making it into the top four.

Coming up to the return leg against the Tigers this week. Last time these two sides met. OW were sitting on the bottom of the ladder. It shows what an incredible turn around it has been down there. But they do have a tough run home, and they will need to beat at least one of the top two to stay in touch you would imagine.

Akka, im sure your boys are looking forward to the chance to redeem yourself. I could only imagine the satisfaction you would get on giving it to me on here after all the crap i dished out after the last game! hahahaha

This weekend at soldiers reserve should be a cracker. Get there early, as i think the car park will be full pretty early on!

Go tiges.

Congratulations to OW for making it into the top four.

Coming up to the return leg against the Tigers this week. Last time these two sides met. OW were sitting on the bottom of the ladder. It shows what an incredible turn around it has been down there. But they do have a tough run home, and they will need to beat at least one of the top two to stay in touch you would imagine.

Akka, im sure your boys are looking forward to the chance to redeem yourself. I could only imagine the satisfaction you would get on giving it to me on here after all the crap i dished out after the last game! hahahaha

This weekend at soldiers reserve should be a cracker. Get there early, as i think the car park will be full pretty early on!

Go tiges.

Yeah, very good to be up amongst it, for one week at least. It would definately help our chances if we win this week, but realistically the games against Ivanhoe and GE will be genuine '8-pointers.'

Both sides should get a few more back from injury I think. Fastuca, M.Taylor and Antonello should return for the tiges, and I don't really know who is coming back for us, we only had 8 of last years GF team play on saturday. It seems there are a lot of clubs in D2 this year with massive injury lists.

Your right Akka, its a mouth watering run home for genuine blockbusters for you guys.

I think Podge will play this week too i would imagine. Taylor and Antonello will be massive ins for Werribee. Not sure if Fastuca will be straight in.

I cant wait for the weekend to come around. Nothing better than a Werribee Westbourne clash.

OW are flying at the moment, and i think werribee are just warming up after a few flat weeks. (no disrespect to the sides werribee played)

Would have been good to see the ESL and Banyule mini final last week.

Its buisness time now for sides. and it is exciting. 4 way battle for relegation survival, 3 way battle for last spot in the finals and a neck and neck battle for the minor premiership with ESL and Werribee meeting in the last round. God bless Ammo footy.

Congratulations to all the winners on the weekend.

The question is will Drifter and Table Tennis admit that promotion is in the bag this year and that St.Leos and Werribee are merely using the rest of 2008 as pre season for their tilt at the 2009 D1 flag???

The question is will Drifter and Table Tennis admit that promotion is in the bag this year and that St.Leos and Werribee are merely using the rest of 2008 as pre season for their tilt at the 2009 D1 flag???

No association with the club other than a supporter. So cannot give any light on the mindset.

ESL and Werribee would be favourites to go ahead im sure, but finals and footy are a funny thing. Banyule, and any of the three in the race can do damage on thier day.

But just for the sake of it........

One week at a time Wamba. lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

You are right about one thing Wamba and that is Werribee are certain to give D1 a big shake next year - no doubt about it.

Its line ball for the rest of us - OW, yourselves and GE are all legit contenders for the top 4 and Banyule dominated us for periods on Saturday and would now be the favoured quinella to play off against the Tigers

Drifter,
You would be easy to spot out in a crowd. Your the guy that wears nothing but mirrors to deflect everything off you.

ESL flag favourites obviously. Beat Banyule on the weekend, and only side to beat Werribee this year. Have a great track record against the tigers!

Barenello for league b& F

Its all ESL at the moment. Especially after the hoebags got done on the weekend. Did dent their odds remarkably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back