D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splinters, i doubt your IQ, no matter how much you wasted on an education at St.Bernards.

If you believe that Emmaus are not the premiership favourites, then you are dreaming and your parents wasted plenty of large on that private school education..... you could qualify as a (dare i say it) "Toff"..... hahaha

were all in for a game of mudball tomorrow, lads. our ground holds up well though: just the usual trouble spots - the middle, both goal squares & some parts along the clubroom side but overall arthur st is a good draining, suburban football ground...

bannister continues to fire - another 6 yesterday.

it looks like therry penola were a bit stiff to lose to emmaus st leos who, going by the scores, had a "flat" day.

any thoughts from anyone present?

were all in for a game of mudball tomorrow, lads. our ground holds up well though: just the usual trouble spots - the middle, both goal squares & some parts along the clubroom side but overall arthur st is a good draining, suburban football ground...
the rain threatened all day but thankfuly never came. from what I saw yesterday the ground looked as good as it has all year and had a nice softness about it but as you warned, if the rain did come throughout the week (like they predicted) it wouldve been "mudball".

bannister continues to fire - another 6 yesterday.

it looks like therry penola were a bit stiff to lose to emmaus st leos who, going by the scores, had a "flat" day.

any thoughts from anyone present?
this gives the bentleigh boys some hope going into next week I suggest. demolished therry a few weeks ago by 80-odd and therry have gone close very close to a massive upset yesterday. so after that does anyone think bentleigh can go relatively close to st. leos?
also, on the back of the recent comments about bentleighs defenders being no good and conceding the most points this year I do not think thats where the problem lies. full-back clement was a late withdrawl yesterday which did not help. the demons work out of defense was quite good actually but it was the amount of ball coming in that was the problem. just cant keep it out every time as we all know. like to know what other bentleigh people think (also banyule guys thoughts?) but I see it was more of a midfield problem as they simply let banyule run forward and deliver with minimal pressure.

the rain threatened all day but thankfuly never came. from what I saw yesterday the ground looked as good as it has all year and had a nice softness about it but as you warned, if the rain did come throughout the week (like they predicted) it wouldve been "mudball".

this gives the bentleigh boys some hope going into next week I suggest. demolished therry a few weeks ago by 80-odd and therry have gone close very close to a massive upset yesterday. so after that does anyone think bentleigh can go relatively close to st. leos?
also, on the back of the recent comments about bentleighs defenders being no good and conceding the most points this year I do not think thats where the problem lies. full-back clement was a late withdrawl yesterday which did not help. the demons work out of defense was quite good actually but it was the amount of ball coming in that was the problem. just cant keep it out every time as we all know. like to know what other bentleigh people think (also banyule guys thoughts?) but I see it was more of a midfield problem as they simply let banyule run forward and deliver with minimal pressure.

Sadly redandblue that aint the way things work with football. Just because collingwood beat geelong by 80 points does not mean they are anygood. Therry being up all day were stiff to loose the game yesterday and could have finished the relegation fight yesterday. But they are pretty confortent in winning the next two games.

Akka, Big win for you blokes on the weekend.

Couple of 8 pointers coming up, exciting times for the Westbourne side at the moment.

Would have been an exciting game.

Bad luck to GE, halfway through the year, im sure that everyone thought that the top 4 was set. Ivanhoe and OW came from nowhere, to set up a great race to the final 4. looking forward to seeing the outcomes over the coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Akka, Big win for you blokes on the weekend.

Couple of 8 pointers coming up, exciting times for the Westbourne side at the moment.

Would have been an exciting game.

Bad luck to GE, halfway through the year, im sure that everyone thought that the top 4 was set. Ivanhoe and OW came from nowhere, to set up a great race to the final 4. looking forward to seeing the outcomes over the coming weeks.

Was a massive win mate. Easily the best win of the season for us, and probably one of the best for the club that I have seen.

Such a tight game all day, GE had a 20 point lead in the second quarter but scores were equal at half time. We had a 2-goal lead in the final quarter but 3 in a row from Vamvakas got them a five point lead with 2 minutes to go.

A quick centre clearance got us a goal and the siren went shortly after. I must say that the umpires were quite deplorable for both sides. It is very disappointing that we were talking about the umpires after the game, rather than how good the game was. The contested marking was some of the best I have seen in the last few years.

Was a massive win mate. Easily the best win of the season for us, and probably one of the best for the club that I have seen.

Such a tight game all day, GE had a 20 point lead in the second quarter but scores were equal at half time. We had a 2-goal lead in the final quarter but 3 in a row from Vamvakas got them a five point lead with 2 minutes to go.

A quick centre clearance got us a goal and the siren went shortly after. I must say that the umpires were quite deplorable for both sides. It is very disappointing that we were talking about the umpires after the game, rather than how good the game was. The contested marking was some of the best I have seen in the last few years.

Makes for a BIG game this week Akka. We had a very, very tough game against SMS. Small ground, rain and some desperate footy from both teams who needed the win - made for some great contests. For the second time this year ( against SMS ) we really had to pull all stops out ( and some luck ) to get the 4 points. How SMS are on the bottom is a mystery to us at Hoeland.

Looking forward to the big game this weekend at your ground. Players from both sides back for this one I would imagine - so it should be a cracker.

Chump.

oooooo Bentleigh I love the way you are

ohhhhh Bentleigh I love the way you were

:thumbsdown:
I suspect there is not a lot going on in your life huh pete if you have to keep coming back here to a forum where we on the weekend play footy for the fun of it (without getting paid) and play with our mates because we love them, love the club and love the game. the apparent cash you earn from playing with a bunch of blokes who probably dont know the first or last thing about you is well spent paying for your internet so you can come on here and write pointless dribble. I do however enjoy coming on here and having a laugh at your expense. keep it up.

anyway just wanted to ad it was good to see our boys out there on saturday with the yellow arm bands as we registered to be part of the "call to arms" event. guess it shows a little bit about what our club is about and Im interested to hear if any other clubs took part too?

Just seeking some clarity TT which is difficult having had a few quiet beers on the w/end!!!

Rumour has it that you were in the car with Heath Shaw, can you confirm? hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back