D2 D2 Section 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eltham aside, there is a vital game this weekend and it involves West Brunswick and Preston.
Preston is the only team to inflict defeat on StJohns this season. Between West Brunswick and Preston the results are one win each.
Saturdays game looms a a thriller. The Bullants are seemingly in tip top form and would make a juicy adversary for St Johns. West Brunswick must go into the preliminary final with some anxiety. My tip is Preston. Congrats to the JOCs for promotion to Div.1 and Aaron Thornton for a super job in front of the sticks.

this will be an absolute cracker, i cant split it but most people seem to be leaning towards preston
Its an interesting contest of height against speed
Even the reserves game between both teams should be interesting with both teams going 1-1 in the two contests this season

this will be an absolute cracker, i cant split it but most people seem to be leaning towards preston
Its an interesting contest of height against speed
Even the reserves game between both teams should be interesting with both teams going 1-1 in the two contests this season

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/26686e00a807e6f87aa2b47a8ba09937

According to Preston they are the underdogs. But believe pace and hardness will get the job done. Not seen any games but would any who have played against West Brunswick consider them soft? Interesting statement to make. Builds as a cracking game nonetheless.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/26686e00a807e6f87aa2b47a8ba09937

According to Preston they are the underdogs. But believe pace and hardness will get the job done. Not seen any games but would any who have played against West Brunswick consider them soft? Interesting statement to make. Builds as a cracking game nonetheless.

just read it, dont know if he said they were soft, just stated that their goals are to essentially hit hard and run all day to combat the height of WB

Well BYE TURTLES !
Thanks for Tuesday Night was much appreciated
Well done West Brunswick Brave effort yesterday everything that they had gone through One of the most courageous things that I have been a witness too in footy well Done West Brunswick
The game was tough very tough and obviously we have some massive injuries for this week ....

so we have lost 5 players since the start of the finals we are massive underdogs but theres no pressure on us at all just another game of footy that I know the boys will have a crack

1 on the bench start of the 3rd quarter but we were still running and coming I tell ya if its close at all in the last quarter dont look behind because we will run straight over the top its happened before and it will happen again

did anyone go out and watch the game yesterday?
Yeah mate , it was a good hard physical contest. NB were too young and fast for WB who were courageous as previously stated.
NB did have injury concerns throughout but still had run in their legs in the last half, I went and listened to the 3q time speech by WB and have to say that it was one of the most emotional speeches that I have heard.
I was unaware of what had happened during the week but I have nothing but admiration and respect for
everyone connected to WB.

Yeah mate , it was a good hard physical contest. NB were too young and fast for WB who were courageous as previously stated.
NB did have injury concerns throughout but still had run in their legs in the last half, I went and listened to the 3q time speech by WB and have to say that it was one of the most emotional speeches that I have heard.
I was unaware of what had happened during the week but I have nothing but admiration and respect for
everyone connected to WB.
West Brunny ARE a good club and will move on. NB are on the up and a good club. Hope they take it up to the JOCs. Credit where it is due. St Johns are the best performed club this year. Would be hard to deny them. Best wishes.

Yep. Strong team performance.

Does anyone know is that small blonde left footer is? Should be playing in A or B grade .....

Went down to the game this week to have a look at our next matchup. Are you talking about number 9? He won't be getting a paddock to work in this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

despite that, preston will have to find a way to curb the influence of thornton, costas, brannon and catalic which will be harder IMO

Preston continue to impress me in Snrs and Ressies. Absolute flag chance in both divisions. Extremely well coached teams.
There you go. Well done to Preston. Anyone from Preston care to share what happened? Did some of the injured blokes get up?

Fr
There you go. Well done to Preston. Anyone from Preston care to share what happened? Did some of the injured blokes get up?
from what I saw
FB of the year Jepson was in a sling and so was polidoris (Fitzroy import)
Another player was in crutches too but couldn't get the name

St Johns will suffer more huimiliation. A bunch of selfish knobs who play for themselves.Good luck in Div 1. Don't stand a chance!

I'm sure they'd be pretty happy to suffer the same humiliation in 2017. It would put them in C Grade.

Depth will be an issue, looking at results St Johns 2's look beyond ordinary.

Well done to Preston, an amazing story really, in Vafa for 4 years, 3 flags. With u/19's as well could be set for higher honour sin years to come.

Would love to here from any St. John's supporters....

i was at the game, was a bit surprised to see way more preston supporters there despite Preston having to travel over an hour compared to St Johns who werent more than half an hour away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back