D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidewinder,

they may as well already give the hawthorn 2's the points for this weekend if they have there usual tool umpiring. blatant cheat who in a close game will do anything to swing the game in his teams favour. might be a record for 25m penalties paid against the crowd at oval no. 2 tomorrow.

thought i may have a go at the tips this week lads.

Latrobe v Powerhouse

After seeing Latrobe play last week and seeing them fightback the way they did i cant go past them at home. Latrobe by 21pts

Uni V Willy

should be a one sided contest. i have more interest in the ressies and there has been a lil bit of talk about the uni 2's on this thread. cant see them getting close. the ball use of willy 2's is that of a senior side. willy by 10 goals minimum.

Wicks v Hawks

Shaping as a must win for the wickers to remain in touch. having faith in the boys and wanting to see them put in a 4 qtr performance. home team by 4-5 goals.

Swinny v Monash

monash were awesome under lights a few weeks back and have had some stiff opposition since then. produce anything like the elsternwick game they will be big winners. monash by 45 pts

St johns v Eltham

how many turtles will make the decent journey to TCO. might be a bit too heavy for them with their "shells on the backs" and i think the Jocs will get up in a close one. St johns by 9 points

have good footballing weekend everyone and my tip for the queens birthday get on the melbourne to beat collingwood.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gee there's been a lot of trash spoken on this website this week so on to Round 6 review:

Cy's are head and shoulders above the rest as proven by their demolition of Monash in the final quarter last week. There is one other Grand Final spot up for grabs.

Hawthorn beat the poor sides easily, but there are still question marks about their ability to match it with the best (a la Monash).

Swinburne are just as bad as Latrobe! Relegation looks settled even after 6 rounds.

St Johns are very tough to beat at home but inconsistent away from Doveton.

There is precious little between Eltham in 2nd and Elsternwick in 8th, ability wise. Ok, perhaps the wet conditions didn't particularly suit the Turtles. Good news for all clubs aspiring to play finals.

Quasi remains unsurpassed in the tipping stakes on 27/30. Not sure I can guarantee a five this week as three matches are absolute toss ups.

Preview:

Match of the Day 1 - UHS VU vs Powerhouse.
Very easy to say it all depends on the supply to Paul Edwards, but this is a fact. When he fires, Powerhouse are a top 4 side. Still, I think Uni High at home will prevail by 6 points in a dour affair.

Match of the day 2 - Hawthorn vs St Johns
Both clubs pride themselves of being hard at it, however, I believe St Johns have lost some of their lustre in this department over the past few years. Crunch game. Winner set to play finals. Hawks by 4 only because of the Rathmines factor.

Match of the day 3 - Eltham vs Monash Gryphons

Monash have as good a defence as any when Lee Wells play back. His battle on Jono Garrard will be pivotal. The other Leigh, Leigh Dooley, will have to fire if the Gryphons are to win. Turtles by 3, with a kick after the siren hitting the post by Chris Leeton..

Elsternwick vs Latrobe
The Wicks were clearly embarrassed by their efforts against Monash in round 5 and Dennis Grace would've been heartened by a spitried performance againstEltham last week. Still a loss though. Latrobe are ordinary, but might be suited to the small ground at Elst Park #2. Danger game form Elsternwick, but they still should win by 18.

Lock of the Year Williamstown vs Swinburne
If David Lee has a poor game, he'll still manage 8, if he is on song he could rewrite the record books with 16-18 majors. Cy's are $1.01 at TAB Sportsbet and punters are still happy to back them. Willy by 175!

Good luck to all
Quasi

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']4 out of 5 for Quasi (although I did warn that the Wicks had a danger game). 31/35 for the season is still reasonable though...[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Review of Round 6:[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']There are now three teams in the relegation battle as the Wicks continue to struggle with injuries.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Eltham are as highly skilled as anyone, but have many soft players in their best 22, meaning they struggle to put sides away of lesser ability.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The Cy's can play poorly and still win by 15 goals.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Monash can only beat the weak sides.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The Hawks are good, but will not trouble Willy or Eltham.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The House and Uni High are John Mellancamp (ie: Middle of the Road)[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Round 7 Preview[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Another week of tough games:[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Willy[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] to smash UHS-VU by 48pts (Can't believe some punters are giving Uni High a chance)[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']House [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']to beat Latrobe by 5pts (Toss of the coin this one. Not confident when picking Powerhouse. Eddo may kick 12 in a losing side).[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Hawks[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] to smash Wicks by 51pts (If Dan Lauletta is back the margin could be even more)[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Gryphons[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] to beat Swinny by 16pts (These games are always close and Monash are not that good. Just the Razorbacks are so bad this season).[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Eltham[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] to beat St Johns by 15 pts in the match of the day (Just don't think the Jocs are playing good enough footy at the moment. Turtles can expect some fiery opposition both on and off the field.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Good Luck to all.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Quasi[/FONT]

Gents,

Seems a few things have changed since last week.

1. The boys are off the House
2. The boys are on Latrobe
3. Some boys are back on the Wicks.

My tips for this week...

Most scribes are getting on the Latrobe "recovery" Bandwagon and are tipping them to pip the House. A long way to travel for the House but the return of a couple of key players will swing the game in their favour. The House by 22.

UHSOB will get smashed by Williamstown. Even if Willy rest their whole senior team, their Reserves would still beat the Zoo Keepers. Willy by 45.

The Wicks v Hacks game will be a highlght this week. There is no love lost between these two clubs and the Wicks need a win to keep in touch. The Hacks have too much up forward especially on the small ground and will win by 30.

Most of the real interest here will be in the Magoos while the Hacks and Wicks sledgers should take aim at some unpopular players and umpires from both sides.

Swinny to lose at to home to the Indians. Monash have failed every big test so far this season but this will be no test. Indians by 70.

Eltham make the long trip to Doveton to tackle the Druggies. Although the trip is long, the Turtles will win by just 2 points.

I'm Dee Three...that's my take.

28 from 35 so far this yr, not too bad...

this wk i'll take

willy over uni high by 10 goals
powerhouse over latrobe by 3 points
hawthorn over wicks by 8 goals
monash over swinny by 6 goals
eltham over st johns by 2 goals

good luck to all and may the sun be shining!

Total of 3 dogs - actually Jacko might be the best of that rabid bunch!
:thumbsdown:
How many Section B&F awards does he have.. Or are you his Mum? Jacko is the best fair weather player I've seen. Goes hard when they are winning, but goes off with a fatal injury when the chips are down.. Bloody citizens!

Most of the real interest here will be in the Magoos while the Hacks and Wicks sledgers should take aim at some unpopular players and umpires from both sides.

Maybe I'll take my cricket bat down to EP No.2 this week and join the festivities!!! I probably get some quodos from Kew and a legion of amateur clubs as well if I knock a few HAFC knee caps off? Bloody Hawthorn Citizens..
almost everyone knows the club stinks...even people from outside our competition! Go figure.

Gents,

Since you seem to dislike my reviews, I'll try something different to see what banter can be generated on the D3 forum.

Please give me your opinions on the following:-

1. Biggest Ego in D3
2. Most Overweight player in D3
3. Absolute Best player in D3
4. Most Influential Player in D3
5. Best Canteen Food in D3
6. Best Female Trainers in D3
7. Biggest Disappointment so far this season (can be anything or anyone)
8. Prediction for the Competition Best and Fairest in D3.

Over to you guys....

to those looking at injuries to beat Willy, here is the spoiler ... at this moment 10 to 15 of their magoos team are senior players ... this will get closer to 18 after the break ... so it wont be injuries that will cost Willy a game ... will be interesting to see what the 2nd best magoos side can dish out this week ...

so here are my tips:
Willy by 40 pts at UHS for reasons mentioned above
House surely to be La Trobe ... tipping them by less than 2 goals ... if they lose I'll give them up for the year
Wicks to beat Hawks ... Hawks get the biggest advantage from playing at home
Monash wont get pushed by Swinny (nice try Ice) ... 50 pts
Eltham need to win to prove they are a contender ... travelling though, is their achilles heel, and Doveton is a fair drive ... St Johns by 20 pts (stay clear of the used up needles from the night before)

to Those Looking At Injuries To Beat Willy, Here Is The Spoiler ... At This Moment 10 To 15 Of Their Magoos Team Are Senior Players ... This Will Get Closer To 18 After The Break ... So It Wont Be Injuries That Will Cost Willy A Game ... Will Be Interesting To See What The 2nd Best Magoos Side Can Dish Out This Week ...

So Here Are My Tips:
Willy By 40 Pts At Uhs For Reasons Mentioned Above
House Surely To Be La Trobe ... Tipping Them By Less Than 2 Goals ... If They Lose I'll Give Them Up For The Year
Wicks To Beat Hawks ... Hawks Get The Biggest Advantage From Playing At Home
Monash Wont Get Pushed By Swinny (nice Try Ice) ... 50 Pts
Eltham Need To Win To Prove They Are A Contender ... Travelling Though, Is Their Achilles Heel, And Doveton Is A Fair Drive ... St Johns By 20 Pts (stay Clear Of The Used Up Needles From The Night Before)
Went Out To Latrobe Today To Support Powerhouse And Im Afraid I Have To Agree With Everyone On This Site When They Say No Edwards No Powerhouse.he Kicked 6 Goals Out Of 8 Playing On 3 Blokes.funny Thing Is Couldnt Make It In To Their Best? Go Figure

Had some work to do out that way today, so called in and watched the UHS-Willy game. Quite a good game and in the end CYMS only won by 14. Most of the last quarter was spent in the Uni attacking half, but every time they scored a major it went straight back on the rebound.

Probably the difference between the teams was ball handling skills, there were a lot of needless turnovers from Uni in the midfield in the second and third quarters that wound up costing them.

Congratulations to Waz on his (fourth) 100 today, it was nice chatting to him after the game.

Wandered down to Oval #2 for the much anticipated early game yesterday, and have a couple of points to make:

1) Hope all is well today for the Hawthorn player involved in the unfortunate incident right on the 3/4 time siren.

2) For all the talk about the Hawthorn umpire being their 19th man on the field, he stood out as being rather fair and capable.

3) For all the mouthing off on this site about Whelan from E'wick, he was taken out of the game whilst doing something that not one Hawthorn player could do - putting his head over the ball. Cowardly act from a cowardly football club.

4) Speaking of cowards. Jacko. What a poor excuse for a human being. About as hungry for goals as he is for donuts. Takes a real hero to cannon into blokes with eyes only for the ball. The going got tough, and Jacko went missing. Normal transmission resumed.

It seems like Wheels was on the receiving end for a change. Isn't he usually the one who is sniping blokes? Karma does come back to get you

No, not correct. He is hard at the ball! Does play for the high tackle a lot but only has eyes for the ball. His last trip to hospital was when a coward dropped both knees into his spleen area whils Whelan was lying on the ground!

The Hawthorn player had an epileptic fit on the oval. No contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

uni put up a good fight in the ones, great game to watch. pity the 2s only decided to play the second half or it would have been a close game. good physical contest and finals will be very interesting if they meet each other. the willy boys are pretty damn funny and it was good that we could sit with them to watch the ones and shitcan both sides, particularly that bloke in the gold boots!

Those golden boots were good value! Must agree with windaaa68 it was great that supporters of both clubs were at the same end in the final quarter and carry on with their banter in great spirit! Good bunch of blokes down at UHS-VU look forward to actually being on the park against them in the return game! :thumbsu:

uni put up a good fight in the ones, great game to watch. pity the 2s only decided to play the second half or it would have been a close game. good physical contest and finals will be very interesting if they meet each other. the willy boys are pretty damn funny and it was good that we could sit with them to watch the ones and shitcan both sides, particularly that bloke in the gold boots!

Im thinking the man with the golden boots will be back in the 2s for the nxt 1. But i will look foward to reading the willi website this week, But as mentioned all was in good spirits and well done to all the guys that hung around from both sides

The man with the Golden Boots, Matty Lichman? Wont play 2's. he has been our most consistant player this year. Got tagged for the game and still played well. If you are talking about Golden Shoes, he wears red boots (similar colour to his hair), cant see him getting dropped just yet. Kicked one of the goals of the day when we were down by a point in the last.
Uni High played a pretty good style of football and had a couple of handy players across all lines. Played in good spirits and looking forward to the return bout at the Fearon.

The man with the Golden Boots, Matty Lichman? Wont play 2's. he has been our most consistant player this year. Got tagged for the game and still played well. If you are talking about Golden Shoes, he wears red boots (similar colour to his hair), cant see him getting dropped just yet. Kicked one of the goals of the day when we were down by a point in the last.
Uni High played a pretty good style of football and had a couple of handy players across all lines. Played in good spirits and looking forward to the return bout at the Fearon.

Nah sorry was talking about the one from uni high

lads,

want to start this post by eating my words. watched my boys at oval no 2 satday and want to congratulate the hawthorn magoo's umpire for one of the more consistent performances i have seen this yr. prob better than a few of the senior umpires we have had ths yr. well done

i agree with spruce moose about 2 things in his post. matt whelan has copped more than his fair load of crap on this forum but he was seriously injured saturday and taken to hospital with a reasonably serious neck injury. hope he is better soon. also to the young hawk player who suffered a fit in the third i wish him all the best for a very speedy recovery.

and for my other point with spruce. jacko.....learn how to play the ball son not the man and what u did after the halftime bell was nothing more than cowardly dog act. cannoning into a bloke near half your weight and age. i know its a mans game but at least look at the ball. worry bout the ball first. i have to congraulate him though apparently the wickers canteen returned a record day profit on satday thanks to jacko and his 15 hot dogs 10 dim sims and 6 soft drinks. superb effort.

in the seniors a great effort by ogge who finished with at least 12 i think and has a superb pair of hands.

that is all

I must admit, Uni are a better side then i initially expected. They played the game with a lot of passion and didn't drop off all day. I think their first half of the season doesn't reflect the sort of game they played on the weekend and if they can keep up some consistent footy their second half will surprise a few. Definitely a better side then a few of the teams that have beat them. Good bunch of blokes as well. I enjoyed the battle on the field, but they were good off the field as well. Unlike a few teams going round.
So how is everybody going leading into the break? I know this will give us a good opportunity to give some tired bodies a rest and get ready for a big second half. Not taking anything away from Uni but some very vital players missing from Willy's line-up on the weekend and they will make a massive difference once back and firing. We have a good test round 10 aginst Eltham away and this is what we will be focusing on!

Wandered down to Oval #2 for the much anticipated early game yesterday, and have a couple of points to make:

1) Hope all is well today for the Hawthorn player involved in the unfortunate incident right on the 3/4 time siren.

2) For all the talk about the Hawthorn umpire being their 19th man on the field, he stood out as being rather fair and capable.

3) For all the mouthing off on this site about Whelan from E'wick, he was taken out of the game whilst doing something that not one Hawthorn player could do - putting his head over the ball. Cowardly act from a cowardly football club.

4) Speaking of cowards. Jacko. What a poor excuse for a human being. About as hungry for goals as he is for donuts. Takes a real hero to cannon into blokes with eyes only for the ball. The going got tough, and Jacko went missing. Normal transmission resumed.
Replying to your points
1. Thanks for your concern on the hawks player he is recovering well...
2. It was a fair bump on Wheels as none of his teamates reminstrated I figure it was legal...
3. Umpiring is a prick of a job the Hawthorn club ump does it to the best of his ability..
4. Jacko maybe goal hungry and love a donut but he has more skill and character than most blokes in the 2's and would have him in my side anyday....Football is tough if you don't like it play table tennis I will gladly give you a few pointers ....
Thanks Forest Gump

Damo so you think a head high hit on a player with his head over ball is fair game???? u have got to be kidding. and to factor not one of your blokes in 2's did it all day. how you are top 4 at the moment has got me stuffed. just to let you know whelan is still in the alfred with several fractures to his neck. a fair hit.....never heard so much bollicks in all my life.

jacko maybe a character and who knows maybe a half decent person. i dont know dont know the bloke and would prefer to keep it that way. i have no probs with his bump but what i do have was the bell had rung which mean end of quarter. hes just a tool.

Damo so you think a head high hit on a player with his head over ball is fair game???? u have got to be kidding. and to factor not one of your blokes in 2's did it all day. how you are top 4 at the moment has got me stuffed. just to let you know whelan is still in the alfred with several fractures to his neck. a fair hit.....never heard so much bollicks in all my life.

jacko maybe a character and who knows maybe a half decent person. i dont know dont know the bloke and would prefer to keep it that way. i have no probs with his bump but what i do have was the bell had rung which mean end of quarter. hes just a tool.

Lets put it to the vote shall we...

Who is the bigger tool??? Jacko or Wheels?

I'm pretty sure Wheels bit me during a tackle once, then again i'm not certain that Jacko wouldnt bite me either if given half the chance.

My vote: Jacko.

Can't compare them. One is a mouth who antagonises the opposition while the other is too old to be playing and gets frustrated so goes around hitting blokes. He put a Kew player in hospital last year with a king hit so what goes around, comes around. Call it Karma!!

gee ... a bit must have gone on between the Wicks & Hawks ...

at the Zoo, both games were played tough but in great spirtis ... I'm another Willy boy who is going to take my hat off to UHS-VU for putting up a fight ... their ones were dogged all day and proved they can beat most sides on their day ... and their magoos provided a challenge, particularly in the second half, and breathed some much needed life in D3 magoos ... good blokes and great set up down at the zoo ... well done to Wazza too

ps - good to see the peanut gallery assemble behind the goals in the last quarter alongside with the USH boys ... and I think some of the UHS boys were taking notes ... as for the UHS player wearing the witches hats as boots, I took a snap of them, and he will be definitely one who will be getting a mention on the peanut perspective tomorrow on our website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back