D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Nbl, to afl standard footballer to play at elsternwick D3 ammos. Good career move.

There have been many high class players to play the lower rungs of the ammos, generally they to play to have a kick with their mates. Ex-AFL premiership players, 300 games and 4 or 5 other AFL players in the last 10 years.

There have been many high class players to play the lower rungs of the ammos, generally they to play to have a kick with their mates. Ex-AFL premiership players, 300 games and 4 or 5 other AFL players in the last 10 years.

Yeah true. We have a bloke who is excellent at darts.

Agree and my source tells me he is out for the season, Wicks will be happy as Edawrds played on the Giant in the second half of their game and restricted him to two kicks

Agree and my source tells me he is out for the season, Wicks will be happy as Edawrds played on the Giant in the second half of their game and restricted him to two kicks

Why wouldn't they have played Edwards on him in the first half also ?

Krusty Ill take $100 at $50-1. You think the House will beat Hawthorn in 2 weeks time? Come on.
The percentage is an issue.. But the House will get thumped by Willy this week.
100 point combined losses to the house and 100 point combined win to the Wicks is whats required. And Wicks have Latrobe and Swinny to come.
I agree its a tough ask, but I dont think its as far fetched as you think Krust..
Ill take the $50's
$100 down the drain Johnny? Nice bet.

The only way the house could beat willy is by taking out two of their best players. 1. By a sniper hit behind play by breaking his jaw, and 2. By riding a player into the ground and dislocating his shoulder. Willy were very undermaned, if they were to play house in finals willy would surely come out on top! And for the bloke that broke cocksy's jaw i hope they press charges against you cos you are a snipering dog!!!!!

As someone who was at this game, I would have thought it had more to do with 6 goal to 1 first quarter. While I didn't see the incident you refer to I am sure it was posted on this site that the Powerhouse lost the best player in the comp in Edwards during the week, sounds like you are sore loser to me....

I also went down to watch some of the Powerhouse/Willi game as i was in the area. Got to the ground at quarter time and was surprised with the scoreline. Williamstown started to play some better football and were right back in the game. What followed were two of the most embarrasing moments i have seen in Ammmo Football.

1/ After #16 for house was beaten in a 2 in 1 contest and the ball had moved on he attacked #1 from Williamstown from behind and forced him awkwardly to the ground hurting his shoulder, he then continued to attack the injured choking him with a forearm to the throat.

The second incident by the same player (#16) was about one minute later on the other player that was involved in beating him in the earlier contest. The ball ran out of play, everyone had clearly stopped and he took him out with forearm/elbow to the head/jaw.

Both incidents were out of the play and intended to harm. These were not the actions of a footballer but of a violent and unstable man. How powerhouse let someone like him play in their football side is disgraceful.

From what i saw i hope that he is kicked out of the league. Ammo football has risks but at the end of the day what happens to the league as a whole when, due to "non-football" incidents people are forced to miss work and miss football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your undoubtedly from Willy as I also watched the game as the Hoes had a easy one, the first incident you quoted was a simple tackle and fall to the ground, the second I didn't get a clear view of, although I did witness supporters jumping the fence and players from the willy bench, getting in involved in the ensueing fracas. You would not think this is good for their image, they abused the umpires all day ( including their very vocal coach) so much for umpires day. But wrapping up the day I would say that Powerhouses' relentless pressure wore down Willy, massive win without the God of the House Eddo, also heard one of the house boys stating that still four quality players to return to the line up. Willy appeared to not enjoy the pressure which I am told was set by example of the reserves in the earlier game. Houses' onballers smashed them all day and worked hard out of the square, back line were ferocious, wouldn't give grandma a cent for xmas, and the strange thing is they have other goal kickers apart from Eddo, some similarities to the Hoes I would think.

Your undoubtedly from Willy as I also watched the game as the Hoes had a easy one, the first incident you quoted was a simple tackle and fall to the ground, the second I didn't get a clear view of, although I did witness supporters jumping the fence and players from the willy bench, getting in involved in the ensueing fracas. You would not think this is good for their image, they abused the umpires all day ( including their very vocal coach) so much for umpires day. But wrapping up the day I would say that Powerhouses' relentless pressure wore down Willy, massive win without the God of the House Eddo, also heard one of the house boys stating that still four quality players to return to the line up. Willy appeared to not enjoy the pressure which I am told was set by example of the reserves in the earlier game. Houses' onballers smashed them all day and worked hard out of the square, back line were ferocious, wouldn't give grandma a cent for xmas, and the strange thing is they have other goal kickers apart from Eddo, some similarities to the Hoes I would think.

Hoedown, nice to hear some perspective from an impartial view. And for those of you who don't think he's impartial, check out his other posts - clearly associated with Ivanhoe (and has paid out on House performances in the past). I think you summed it up well.

The words 'sore losers' do spring to mind and this, I'm sure, helps provide extra motivation leading up to the finals. House had their injuries and the send off to cope with as well. It was a good, tough and high quality game and the best side on the day won it. Full stop.

I'm guessing #16 for powerhouse would still be alan foster unless there was a jumper change, probably has a target on his head for the finals.

similar targets on a couple of eltham players with love from hawthorn after this weekend, a great win over the turtles, its a shame #17 wenbourne couldn't get back on the ground to get what he deserved after a couple of cheap hits in tackles and bomber is as dirty as they come.

The top 4 look pretty well set, should be a good match this week with the mighty hawks taking on the powerful house, could be a good gauge to see where the house are really at.

if you want a impartial view on the game, read a post from before. If not, here it is:

""What followed were two of the most embarrasing moments i have seen in Ammmo Football.

1/ After #16 for house was beaten in a 2 in 1 contest and the ball had moved on he attacked #1 from Williamstown from behind and forced him awkwardly to the ground hurting his shoulder, he then continued to attack the injured choking him with a forearm to the throat.

The second incident by the same player (#16) was about one minute later on the other player that was involved in beating him in the earlier contest. The ball ran out of play, everyone had clearly stopped and he took him out with forearm/elbow to the head/jaw.

Both incidents were out of the play and intended to harm. These were not the actions of a footballer but of a violent and unstable man. How powerhouse let someone like him play in their football side is disgraceful.

From what i saw i hope that he is kicked out of the league. Ammo football has risks but at the end of the day what happens to the league as a whole when, due to "non-football" incidents people are forced to miss work and miss football.""

The other guy didnt even see the incident. CY's wont use it as an excuse, but king hits like that are unacceptable in any type of sport.

What makes matters worse (and typical of Powerhouse) is the coach telling the players "If you put anyone in hospital, you win a slab". That is absolutely pathetic and the committee within Powerhouse should not allow that type of behaviour from their coach.

We can not wait to play them in the finals, and if there was one team we want to play against, it is Powerhouse.

if you want a impartial view on the game, read a post from before. If not, here it is:

""What followed were two of the most embarrasing moments i have seen in Ammmo Football.

From what i saw i hope that he is kicked out of the league. Ammo football has risks but at the end of the day what happens to the league as a whole when, due to "non-football" incidents people are forced to miss work and miss football.""

The other guy didnt even see the incident. CY's wont use it as an excuse, but king hits like that are unacceptable in any type of sport.

What makes matters worse (and typical of Powerhouse) is the coach telling the players "If you put anyone in hospital, you win a slab". That is absolutely pathetic and the committee within Powerhouse should not allow that type of behaviour from their coach.

We can not wait to play them in the finals, and if there was one team we want to play against, it is Powerhouse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OK Sand Shoes. Now you are making stuff up.

I am both a senior player who played on Saturday and committee member. Don't go making false accusations about what our coach does and says. There is no way that Power House go out to deliberately injure the opposition. I was at every address. There is no way way that the line "If you put anyone in hospital, you win a slab" was stated or even implied. All our coach was concerned about was winning the footy and playing to our own fair game plan - as he does every week.

Power House have a reputation for playing hard but fair. We have always been a welcoming club who plays by the rules. There has been an incident (which I did not see) but let the tribunal make the decisions. Don't try bringing Power House' name through the mud due to the perceived actions of one individual (guilty or not guilty).

Keep the made up slander to yourself, and lets not forget your club's actions following the incident. Maybe a statement admitting that the better side won on the day, that it was a great game of footy, etc might give you back some credibility.

Announcements in Forum : VAFA Board
post_new.gif
23rd July 2008 until 23rd August 2008 Chief
BigFooty Admin

Carlton

Protect yourself: check your own facts.
BigFooty.com is a service provided by Big Internet Group LLC where people can register and post their own material.

BigFooty moderators are not responsible for checking facts. They are not responsible for judging the truthfulness of your posts or, inversely, protecting anyone's reputation.

If you post a rumour that is particularly hurtful or catastrophically damaging get yourself a good lawyer, you just may need one.

Opinions are fine and you have a right to express yours, but if we receive proper notification that something you have posted is defamatory your account may be suspended or blocked permanently, depending on how much of our time it wastes.

Most of all protect yourself by acting responsibly when posting. Protect yourself. Don't post opinions as if they were facts. Recognise that other people are allowed to post an opinion that you don't agree with.

Maybe Sand Shoes would like to reconsider his last post.

I can only assume that he is one of the many Willi blokes to not get near the ball on Saturday. Perhaps if he spent some time visualising himself near it he might get one, rather than using his imagination to come up with the fanciful crap he just posted.

Mate, im not one to make things up. That was told to us via one of your players....

If a team mate of anyone breaks a jaw via a late and intentional flying elbow, they are going to remonstrate. It shows that we are a passionate club and protect and stand up for each other.

I am the first to admit that the better team on the day won. We are terribly disappointed in our performance and in no way are we blaming what happened on the loss. Id say our top 10 players had their worse game of the year and that wont happen again, so we are glad its out of our system before we head into the finals series. Id say St. Johns next week will feel the full force of the CY's as we ramp it up

I'm a house player who played in the Senior game on the weekend.
No one likes to see someone get injured, in any way.
I'm backing vegemite 100% and can say honestly that at no stage did the coach say anthing even resembling the crap that Sand Shoes made up.

I was at the other end of the ground when the 'incident' took place and I can honestly say I didn't see it. Let the tribunal sort it out and don't drag the name of the Powerhouse club and all of it's players through the mud.

The rest of the game was played in a fair and good standard by both clubs. So don't start rubbish rumours to fuel an already sensitive situation.

Mate, im not one to make things up. That was told to us via one of your players....

If a team mate of anyone breaks a jaw via a late and intentional flying elbow, they are going to remonstrate. It shows that we are a passionate club and protect and stand up for each other.

I am the first to admit that the better team on the day won. We are terribly disappointed in our performance and in no way are we blaming what happened on the loss. Id say our top 10 players had their worse game of the year and that wont happen again, so we are glad its out of our system before we head into the finals series. Id say St. Johns next week will feel the full force of the CY's as we ramp it up

OK Sandy, that's a bit better. If one of our players said that, he was just trying to get under someone's skin. The coach would not have said that and the player would not have played like that.

Interesting that none of the powerhouse players saw the incident where the Cys player was hurt. Sun glair??

Sandy got to be careful mate....Would want some proof before making a claim like that bud.

Thanks for the wrap Vege, I think that some times people make unjustified comments in the still simmering heat of the argument and I agree with what appears to be the regulators comment. King Hits were always described as a fist from behind to the head with no visible expectation of being hit. I believe there was only one incident on Saturday that may warrant a look and that was the second incident, but at best and by all accounts it may have been a shirt front or side on with a possible raised arm, which certainly does not lay claim to a king hit. Sour grapes, who knows, but if the umpires ran true to form, a number of Willy players should have been sent off for disputing decisions and swearing, so fellas get over it , you were beaten.

hey lads, sounded like an interesting game to be at between the house and cy's. maybe be interesting again come finals time.

i see the wicks had 100pt win as expected against latrobe. anyword on how many smith kicked or how grace went???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back