D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Sand Shoes would like to reconsider his last post.

I can only assume that he is one of the many Willi blokes to not get near the ball on Saturday. Perhaps if he spent some time visualising himself near it he might get one, rather than using his imagination to come up with the fanciful crap he just posted.

What happens if Sandshoe's post is a quote from a Powerhouse player?
Does he need a lawyer for not properly attributing the quote to someone other than himself? Or will he face the global internet disciplinary board for plagiarism?

Only people from one team witnessing a questionable incident, elbows on throats, shirtfronts off the ball, spectators jumping fences, an upset result of considerable proportions, people happy to let the VAFA TRIBUNAL deliver justice... sounds like the crew from Soleil are back in town.

Mate, im not one to make things up. That was told to us via one of your players....

If a team mate of anyone breaks a jaw via a late and intentional flying elbow, they are going to remonstrate. It shows that we are a passionate club and protect and stand up for each other.

I am the first to admit that the better team on the day won. We are terribly disappointed in our performance and in no way are we blaming what happened on the loss. Id say our top 10 players had their worse game of the year and that wont happen again, so we are glad its out of our system before we head into the finals series. Id say St. Johns next week will feel the full force of the CY's as we ramp it up

Yep, that alcopop tax has definitely turned things around for the better. Get real as they say. I hope that it was VB you were talking about. This week ain't the GF.

Seems big Alan Foster from Powerhouse got 4weeks! If i'm not mistaken, it would mean that Powerhouse would have to make 2nd week of the finals for him to play again in 2008. Thats a shame for his team because he is quite a good player. Its not a shame for him cause he's a knob*.

*Alan Foster is a knob in my opinion. I am in no way stating what i believe to be a fact, nor am i spreading unsubstaniated rumours. His status as a knob is purely a belief i hold and dont wish to influence the thoughts or opinions of others.

afternoon lads

all been a lil quiet on here since the twoing and froing about the cy's house game on the weekend. was interested to read on vafa that foster received 4 weeks for striking. now, i dont know the bloke but is it a reasonable sentence or was he harshly treated or again does he have a previous clean slate over "X" amount of games he has played.

would be interested to hear anyone elses opinion.....especially those whe were at the game

Seems big Alan Foster from Powerhouse got 4weeks! If i'm not mistaken, it would mean that Powerhouse would have to make 2nd week of the finals for him to play again in 2008. Thats a shame for his team because he is quite a good player. Its not a shame for him cause he's a knob*.

*Alan Foster is a knob in my opinion. I am in no way stating what i believe to be a fact, nor am i spreading unsubstaniated rumours. His status as a knob is purely a belief i hold and dont wish to influence the thoughts or opinions of others.

Very funny Gomma.

No issues with you having an opinion. You know like I that this is very different to what Sand Shoes wrote.

Very funny Gomma.

No issues with you having an opinion. You know like I that this is very different to what Sand Shoes wrote.

I agree mate. I seriously doubt that any coach would encourage hospitalizing opponents. Seems like more of a plot for Neighbours than reality.

so has justice been served here? from all the talk that ive seen during the week about the powerhouse/williamstown cyms game, it mustve been an ugly incident (for those present) to witness.

gomma, youre correct in saying that foster will be available 2nd week providing the pirahnas hold onto third... the turtles are closing in though!!

Yeah intersting week with lots of action happening. I don't think it will matter Stewie as the top 4 looks set based on the ladder and and fixture ahead so whether the House or us finish 3rd, we'll still play each other 1st week of the finals, but the interesting thing is that if House won that final and Willy lost the other final then Foster will be right to play again and it will be against Willy in a Prelim Final :eek: now that would be a so called "thriller in manilla" as someone stupidly called the build up to a match a few weeks ago.

Hawkner, obviously you stopped the 3 players you had too on the weekend to win as you said you had too? Did you play or were you just watching? and I doubt you would want to say on a forum that you want to return a few cheap ones, maybe rethink that one mate and stop whingeing just play it tough or change sports as tackles and bumps are part of the game!!

Thanks coach hollywood but there's no need for me to re-think anything.

I'm past playing, and when i used to it was played in the spirit of the game.
There was just good hard contests, instead of the cheap stuff you've obviously introduced down at the turtles.

you wont get far in finals playing the game that way.

Having said that it looks like the final 4 are set and will all be planning their first weeks of the finals, should be interseting to see the two thugs of the competition come up against eachother first week i'd pencil in a few to be down at the tribunal after eltham meet power house

Yeah intersting week with lots of action happening. I don't think it will matter Stewie as the top 4 looks set based on the ladder and and fixture ahead so whether the House or us finish 3rd, we'll still play each other 1st week of the finals, but the interesting thing is that if House won that final and Willy lost the other final then Foster will be right to play again and it will be against Willy in a Prelim Final :eek: now that would be a so called "thriller in manilla" as someone stupidly called the build up to a match a few weeks ago.

Hawkner, obviously you stopped the 3 players you had too on the weekend to win as you said you had too? Did you play or were you just watching? and I doubt you would want to say on a forum that you want to return a few cheap ones, maybe rethink that one mate and stop whingeing just play it tough or change sports as tackles and bumps are part of the game!!

of course! i was thinking d3 was a final 5 as well as d4!! it seems that the 1st semi-final is already set.

monash gryphons any chance to replace eltham in the 4?

Well it seems the smoke as cleared and the dust has settled. In the game that is football that is to be played, in my opinion, hard tough and fair, some players do at times overstep the line.

Funny how it is the losing teams that more often cry victim.

I'm am lucky enough to have contacts at several clubs in D3 and other grades.

I got word that there was a rather nasty incident in the ressies, powerhouse v Willy. One that was not reported nor mentioned by any of the losing team (Willy). Would this be because it was their own player that offended. Maybe none of their team were aware of it because the winning team (house) may have just got on with their business - who knows?

ah well winners are grinners i suppose. Losers - well some cop it on the chin - others just make excuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to some fall out from the Hawks vs Eltham game? Can anyone tell me if the college is a chance this year? Hawthorn seem to have there measure?

Also....

Everyone has to realise that footy is a hard/tuff game. Sometimes people take it too far and do things that are out of character or a brain snap. It has always happened and always will. I don’t condone it and seeing people hurt is not a nice thing.

But

We sometimes see an incident from a very one eyed opinion, I didn’t see any games on the weekend so not commenting on any one incident. In just about every game you will see players from both sides doing questionable things. If you don’t want to get hit don’t play football.

I think hitting someone behind play is dirty and people doing it should be punished that’s what we have a tribunal for.

We all need to harden up and stop winging.

Also....

Everyone has to realise that footy is a hard/tuff game. Sometimes people take it too far and do things that are out of character or a brain snap. It has always happened and always will. I don’t condone it and seeing people hurt is not a nice thing.

But

We sometimes see an incident from a very one eyed opinion, I didn’t see any games on the weekend so not commenting on any one incident. In just about every game you will see players from both sides doing questionable things. If you don’t want to get hit don’t play football.

I think hitting someone behind play is dirty and people doing it should be punished that’s what we have a tribunal for.

We all need to harden up and stop winging.

I agree whole heartedly with you Jumpin, however at the end of the day people playing Ammo football in all grades are playing for fun, to enjoy the game of football and to engage in some healthy cathartic competition.

Every one who plays football knows and accepts the chance that they will be injured as a part of normal play; in a tackle or in a bump.

Yet everyone who plays ammo football also has to rock up to work on a monday and get on with the rest of their non-football lives. When people step outside of the rules and do things which are illegal in our game, that may cause injury or duress then they should be dealt with properly. And from what i saw on the weekend the powerhouse player is lucky to have a potential chance to play again this season. A fitting punishment however will be if he trains for the rest of the year and then the house get done in the first final - then justice will be done.

I agree whole heartedly with you Jumpin, however at the end of the day people playing Ammo football in all grades are playing for fun, to enjoy the game of football and to engage in some healthy cathartic competition.

Every one who plays football knows and accepts the chance that they will be injured as a part of normal play; in a tackle or in a bump.

Yet everyone who plays ammo football also has to rock up to work on a monday and get on with the rest of their non-football lives. When people step outside of the rules and do things which are illegal in our game, that may cause injury or duress then they should be dealt with properly. And from what i saw on the weekend the powerhouse player is lucky to have a potential chance to play again this season. A fitting punishment however will be if he trains for the rest of the year and then the house get done in the first final - then justice will be done.

Were you a witness at the tribunal?

Seems to some fall out from the Hawks vs Eltham game? Can anyone tell me if the college is a chance this year? Hawthorn seem to have there measure?

In my opinion

Eltham looked like a D4 side on the weekend, certainly not like a D3 side ready to make a serious contest in finals.

Going into the game on the weekend we had heard they'd be a tough side to beat on their home ground due to the run they have from their half backs and on ballers. we didn't see any of it and they looked like they were relying on too few.
They wont worry anyone in the finals.

It'll be a Hawthorn Williamstown final and should be a good football match.

Thanks coach hollywood but there's no need for me to re-think anything.

I'm past playing, and when i used to it was played in the spirit of the game.
There was just good hard contests, instead of the cheap stuff you've obviously introduced down at the turtles.

you wont get far in finals playing the game that way.

Having said that it looks like the final 4 are set and will all be planning their first weeks of the finals, should be interseting to see the two thugs of the competition come up against eachother first week i'd pencil in a few to be down at the tribunal after eltham meet power house

Interesting you refer to Powerhouse as thugs as a result of one player's actions. I guess Hawthorn must be as well seeing as Lauletta was outed for belting the smallest bloke in the competition a couple of weeks ago...

In my opinion

Eltham looked like a D4 side on the weekend, certainly not like a D3 side ready to make a serious contest in finals.

Going into the game on the weekend we had heard they'd be a tough side to beat on their home ground due to the run they have from their half backs and on ballers. we didn't see any of it and they looked like they were relying on too few.

How did big H.Dillon play for Eltham? - man mountain and very underrated in my book.

In my opinion

Dont count on it Hawker. It was around this time last year that Hawthorn were chanting about how they were going to beat Westbourne in the Grand Final. Anything can happen come finals time.

D3 finals this year will be played at Alec Gillon Oval (where's that?) with the Granny to be played at Coburg City Oval.

Dont count on it Hawker. It was around this time last year that Hawthorn were chanting about how they were going to beat Westbourne in the Grand Final. Anything can happen come finals time.

D3 finals this year will be played at Alec Gillon Oval (where's that?) with the Granny to be played at Coburg City Oval.

North Old Boys Ground - ex Brunswick VFA Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back