D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they still have that little Brunswick Social Club there in the forward pocket. They serve a decent brew there.

Hope they still have that little Brunswick Social Club there in the forward pocket. They serve a decent brew there.
It is there but not a social club anymore... :(

Used to have a great time playing N.O.B's after the ressies. Blind by the time the 1's were finished!

In my opinion

Eltham looked like a D4 side on the weekend, certainly not like a D3 side ready to make a serious contest in finals.

Going into the game on the weekend we had heard they'd be a tough side to beat on their home ground due to the run they have from their half backs and on ballers. we didn't see any of it and they looked like they were relying on too few.
They wont worry anyone in the finals.

It'll be a Hawthorn Williamstown final and should be a good football match.

fair call we put in a shocker on the wkend! some big injuries in the previous wks and two injuries in the first quarter really didnt help us on saturday, but no excuses hawthorn gave us a football lesson. they were harder and more determined and played better as a team.

hpefully we can regroup and get a bit of form in the next few wks. is the north old boys ground the ground where finals were played a few yrs back when hawthorn and powerhouse came up to d3 (think it was the first wk of finals)

this was on your "non" designated driver day i hope, gunn... ;)
Of course mate! My housemate drove that day, it was his turn. I worked it well... Good few can drive home too from Ormond to Brunswick.

It is a rock of a ground, even in winter. The middle gets boggy but the rest of the ground can hurt when you hit it.

Tips for the weekend ahead

monash vs eltham, turtles are walking wounded but may still get up by 10pts
la trobe vs uhs, uni will have their measure, kirk will kick 7, uni by 35pts
wickers vs swinburne, wickers should get home by a couple, 20pts
power vs hawthorn, with out edwards the house will have no answer, hawks by 35pts
st johns vs willi, williamstown will get back on the winners list in a big way 50pts

tips For The Weekend Ahead

Monash Vs Eltham, Turtles Are Walking Wounded But May Still Get Up By 10pts
La Trobe Vs Uhs, Uni Will Have Their Measure, Kirk Will Kick 7, Uni By 35pts
Wickers Vs Swinburne, Wickers Should Get Home By A Couple, 20pts
Power Vs Hawthorn, With Out Edwards The House Will Have No Answer, Hawks By 35pts
St Johns Vs Willi, Williamstown Will Get Back On The Winners List In A Big Way 50pts
Ive Heard A Rumour From Some Of The House Players That Edwards Was Training Last Night With A Brace On His Hand And Could Be A Inclussion For This Week, Is This True Vegemite?

Ive Heard A Rumour From Some Of The House Players That Edwards Was Training Last Night With A Brace On His Hand And Could Be A Inclussion For This Week, Is This True Vegemite?

You really are obsessed with Eddo aren't you VAFA Rules. If you call jogging a few laps with the boys training because he loves the place and can't keep away, then I suppose he was training then.

Sorry I didn't post last w/end. Would've picked a 3, missing on Monash and the House.

Round 15 Review:

Even though the four is all but settled we may yet have three legitimate premiership chances as Cy's are looking shaky and Powerhouse & The Hawks in season best form. From all accounts the House/Cy's match was a bruising affair and even if Powerhouse employed a few dirty tricks their ability to win the contested ball is arguably superior to all in D3. Hawthorn's ability to kick winning scores has to give them every chance of a flag in September. Their win against The Turtles was possibly their best all season and the form of spearhead Richard Ogge continues to inspire.
Relegation has been settled for ages and even though The Wicks are playing finals type football, they have left their run too late and can only hope to pass The Gryphons as the best team out of the four.

Round 16 Preview
Eltham over Monash by 15 (The Gryphs form at home this year has been surprisingly poor. Turtles have too much to play for)
Latrobe over Uni High by 12 (UHS-VU were lucky not to lose by 8 goals plus last week and are already looking forward to their EOST).
Wicks by 123 over Razorbacks (Elsternwick are playing as good a footy as anyone at the minute and have the best player D3 has seen in years, in David Smith at the helm. Smith could boot 15!)
The House over the Hawks by 6 in a thriller (Clear match of the day. If Powerhouse can beat CY's, they can beat anyone. Should be a cracker though. Best defence in the league against the best forward line?)
Willy over Joc's by 31 (Must have been a tough week on the track at Fearon and can't see them letting this slip)

Good luck to all

Quasi

Of course mate! My housemate drove that day, it was his turn. I worked it well... Good few can drive home too from Ormond to Brunswick.

It is a rock of a ground, even in winter. The middle gets boggy but the rest of the ground can hurt when you hit it.

i can attest to this as i played at north old boys from 1989-1995 before moving on. i can also remember the scoreboard being electronic. is this still the case?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I didn't post last w/end. Would've picked a 3, missing on Monash and the House.

Round 15 Review:

Even though the four is all but settled we may yet have three legitimate premiership chances as Cy's are looking shaky and Powerhouse & The Hawks in season best form. From all accounts the House/Cy's match was a bruising affair and even if Powerhouse employed a few dirty tricks their ability to win the contested ball is arguably superior to all in D3. Hawthorn's ability to kick winning scores has to give them every chance of a flag in September. Their win against The Turtles was possibly their best all season and the form of spearhead Richard Ogge continues to inspire.
Relegation has been settled for ages and even though The Wicks are playing finals type football, they have left their run too late and can only hope to pass The Gryphons as the best team out of the four.

Round 16 Preview
Eltham over Monash by 15 (The Gryphs form at home this year has been surprisingly poor. Turtles have too much to play for)
Latrobe over Uni High by 12 (UHS-VU were lucky not to lose by 8 goals plus last week and are already looking forward to their EOST).
Wicks by 123 over Razorbacks (Elsternwick are playing as good a footy as anyone at the minute and have the best player D3 has seen in years, in David Smith at the helm. Smith could boot 15!)
The House over the Hawks by 6 in a thriller (Clear match of the day. If Powerhouse can beat CY's, they can beat anyone. Should be a cracker though. Best defence in the league against the best forward line?)
Willy over Joc's by 31 (Must have been a tough week on the track at Fearon and can't see them letting this slip)

Good luck to all

Quasi

D. Smith Under or Over 10 Goals? $1.90 each

What's happened at Eltham, Coach?
Performed so well against Willy at the Fearon earlier in the season, I thought big things were in store for the Turtles. Is it injuries to key players or a loss of form?

What's happened at Eltham, Coach?
Performed so well against Willy at the Fearon earlier in the season, I thought big things were in store for the Turtles. Is it injuries to key players or a loss of form?
The wheels have fallen off. Very undisciplined side. Are they riddled with injuries?
Simply not good enough to be playing finals. From what I saw both grades will go out in straight sets.

The wheels have fallen off. Very undisciplined side. Are they riddled with injuries?
Simply not good enough to be playing finals. From what I saw both grades will go out in straight sets.

i agree with you there johnny,
they'll be out classed come finals.

in fairness though, rumor has it they have 8 players from their regular ones side out with injury, a couple of key on ballers a backman and 2 big forwards.
it may well be a different side come finals, but i think they might still struggle
did anyone see there game on saturday?

hawthorn did a great job of downing the house, edwards making a cameo, but with big Dan Lauletta finding some form they were just run over

should be a good final willi vs hawthorn

afternoon lads,

ventured out to alec gillion oval y'day to watch my best mate play in a clubbies final.

after reading what was said bout this ground i could understand why. yesterday though it was in perfect condition. a green flat even playing surface with just a little "give" in it. a bit of rain of in the next couple of weeks should have it cherry ripe for finals.

interested by the results on the weekend. with monash and wicks winning is their still time for eltham and power house to fall out. the house's win over willy might be their saving grace but eltham look very shaky. with monash playing willy and the wicks away at hawthorn the final four could be decided by the weekend.....

Where is Stephen Staunton from La Trobe? A sure match winner! I'd give a B&F next season in D4 right now.Play the whole season and would kick 100+ goals. Sure the Bundooora Beer Barons have missed him.

afternoon lads,

ventured out to alec gillion oval y'day to watch my best mate play in a clubbies final.

after reading what was said bout this ground i could understand why. yesterday though it was in perfect condition. a green flat even playing surface with just a little "give" in it. a bit of rain of in the next couple of weeks should have it cherry ripe for finals.

interested by the results on the weekend. with monash and wicks winning is their still time for eltham and power house to fall out. the house's win over willy might be their saving grace but eltham look very shaky. with monash playing willy and the wicks away at hawthorn the final four could be decided by the weekend.....

reckon you could be on to something here, texyboy - monash gryphons winning has still given them a glimmer as it has with elsternwick. percentage not much between 3 & 6. reckon all these sides will be "straightening" up more often in the last 2 rounds to give their clubs every opportunity to remain or enter at the 11th hour.

its going to be d3 football at its best in the next 2 weeks!!

Gas,
Yeah struggling with Injuries at present but can't use that as a excuse for playing complacent football on the weekend and Monash were the better team on the day. Still happy with 6/8 wins at home and 3 wins away with Swinburne this week and UHS at home last round we're still expecting to play finals, which was our goal at the start of the season so nothing to worry about at the moment! 8-10 players back over the next 2 weeks also, so looking forward to this weekend!!!

As for finals talk, Powerhouse have La Trobe this week & then Elsternwick and 1 win will guarantee them finals and we have Swinburne & UHS.
Monash & Elsternwick would have to win both or hope for Either of us to lose both and they play Hawthorn & Willy away this week so I'd suggest we need some major upsets for the 4 to change in my opinion! Let's see what happens this weekend and good luck to all..:thumbsu:

Gas,
Yeah struggling with Injuries at present but can't use that as a excuse for playing complacent football on the weekend and Monash were the better team on the day. Still happy with 6/8 wins at home and 3 wins away with Swinburne this week and UHS at home last round we're still expecting to play finals, which was our goal at the start of the season so nothing to worry about at the moment! 8-10 players back over the next 2 weeks also, so looking forward to this weekend!!!

As for finals talk, Powerhouse have La Trobe this week & then Elsternwick and 1 win will guarantee them finals and we have Swinburne & UHS.
Monash & Elsternwick would have to win both or hope for Either of us to lose both and they play Hawthorn & Willy away this week so I'd suggest we need some major upsets for the 4 to change in my opinion! Let's see what happens this weekend and good luck to all..:thumbsu:

Being a first year player in D3, I have read and been quite amused by this forum but it has become a bit boring in the last few weeks probably for three reasons:
1. A couple of teams being out of the finals race
2. The Hawks being genuine contenders which wouldn't sit well with most of you - and yes I play at Hawthorn
3. Most of the contributors don't actually know what they are talking about and have realised this. (I can't wait to get replies on this one!!)

There has been much talk about different players and how good they are (with most not living up to hype) so I thought I would try and spark a bit of debate on the genuine top 10 players that we have played in D3 this year.
Here are mine:
1. L. Piccolo (Haw)
2. J. Wong (Willy)
3. R. Ogge (Haw)
4. D. Lee (Willy)
5. D. Burnside (PHouse)
6. Rutherford (Monash)
7. Gorringe (UHS)
8. B. Mahony (E'Wick) I think its "B"
9. D Pritchard (Haw)
10. P Edwards (PHouse)

Your thoughts please gentlemen.

being A First Year Player In D3, I Have Read And Been Quite Amused By This Forum But It Has Become A Bit Boring In The Last Few Weeks Probably For Three Reasons:
1. A Couple Of Teams Being Out Of The Finals Race
2. The Hawks Being Genuine Contenders Which Wouldn't Sit Well With Most Of You - And Yes I Play At Hawthorn
3. Most Of The Contributors Don't Actually Know What They Are Talking About And Have Realised This. (i Can't Wait To Get Replies On This One!!)

There Has Been Much Talk About Different Players And How Good They Are (with Most Not Living Up To Hype) So I Thought I Would Try And Spark A Bit Of Debate On The Genuine Top 10 Players That We Have Played In D3 This Year.
Here Are Mine:
1. L. Piccolo (haw)
2. J. Wong (willy)
3. R. Ogge (haw)
4. D. Lee (willy)
5. D. Burnside (phouse)
6. Rutherford (monash)
7. Gorringe (uhs)
8. B. Mahony (e'wick) I Think Its "b"
9. D Pritchard (haw)
10. P Edwards (phouse)

Your Thoughts Please Gentlemen.
Well Number 10 Edwards Sure Did The Job On Number 3 Ogge On Saturday. Ogge Had To Move Into The Middle To Get A Kick At Half Time!

Well Number 10 Edwards Sure Did The Job On Number 3 Ogge On Saturday. Ogge Had To Move Into The Middle To Get A Kick At Half Time!

I think you will find that move was called by one of our onballers who was being tagged and wanted to isolate his man in the goal square....
You don't have to kick goals to be a dangerous forward....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back