D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point dose your loyalty waver chump you Tool

MH - that's a bit harsh ! I would imagine loyalty has waivered on several occassions for many players for several reasons. But I am glad that OMH is backing his team - and as stated he can get a win. I don't think he can, but i have been wrong before;)

Good luck to your team to Harve's .....I thgink you guys will win!!

Today's results:

Old Westbourne by 113pts
Elsternwick by 43pts
Monash by 37pts
Latrobe by 16pts
Hawthorn by 19pts

OW obviously the big winners, confirming what many have said about both OW and Ivanhoe.

Wicks must have been impressive in an easy win against the reigning D4 Premiers. 16 goals and 20 behinds - the margin probably flattered Powerhouse a bit. Write off Elsternwick at your peril.

Monash the surprise winners of the round. Were West Brunswick expecting an easy game? Convincing margin too. Maybe the little-talked-about Gryphons are one to watch this season?

Latrobe and Hawthorn both notching up solid wins in matches many had tipped them to lose. What happened to Kew? I thought they were going to go unbeaten this year?

Also interesting to note the fortunes of two clubs - Monash and Kew - in Round 1 of 2007.

In 2006, both clubs missed out on the finals despite dominating the Reserves and playing off in the Reserves GF. Both clubs were often lambasted for stacking their twos and being uncompetitive where it counts most.

Fast-forward to 2007. Monash Gryphons convincingly win their opener against a side that played finals last year. They also get thrashed in the earlier match.

Kew, on the other hand, lose their opener despite all the preseason talk, influx of new talent, and level of enthusiasm that obviously came with it. But their Reserves side demolishes the team that won the D2 Premiership!

Congratulations Monash for seemingly, and finally, seeing the way selection should take place.

Also interesting to note the fortunes of two clubs - Monash and Kew - in Round 1 of 2007.

In 2006, both clubs missed out on the finals despite dominating the Reserves and playing off in the Reserves GF. Both clubs were often lambasted for stacking their twos and being uncompetitive where it counts most.

Fast-forward to 2007. Monash Gryphons convincingly win their opener against a side that played finals last year. They also get thrashed in the earlier match.

Kew, on the other hand, lose their opener despite all the preseason talk, influx of new talent, and level of enthusiasm that obviously came with it. But their Reserves side demolishes the team that won the D2 Premiership!

Congratulations Monash for seemingly, and finally, seeing the way selection should take place.

Yes,
Kew are very well known for the stacking!

Perhaps they should do the thousand steps again!!

Latrobe and Hawthorn both notching up solid wins in matches many had tipped them to lose. What happened to Kew? I thought they were going to go unbeaten this year?[/quote]

Interesting Observation spuce considering out of the 8 who put in tips. 5 tipped Latrobe. I noticed that the scribe also picked Latrobe. That makes it 6 out of 9. Not really backing up your fact about Latrobe being tipped to lose!!!!

Interesting result in the monash game and as predicted OW were very good. Should have won by more but let Ivanhoe kick easy goals in the last.

Can anyone advise how the Hoes went yesterday, apart from ordinary on the scoreboard? I couldn't make it to the match and was wondering who the best players where other than website listed and if there was any positives to come out of the match? OMR how did you go?

Today's results:

Old Westbourne by 113pts
Elsternwick by 43pts
Monash by 37pts
Latrobe by 16pts
Hawthorn by 19pts

OW obviously the big winners, confirming what many have said about both OW and Ivanhoe.

Wicks must have been impressive in an easy win against the reigning D4 Premiers. 16 goals and 20 behinds - the margin probably flattered Powerhouse a bit. Write off Elsternwick at your peril.

Monash the surprise winners of the round. Were West Brunswick expecting an easy game? Convincing margin too. Maybe the little-talked-about Gryphons are one to watch this season?

Latrobe and Hawthorn both notching up solid wins in matches many had tipped them to lose. What happened to Kew? I thought they were going to go unbeaten this year?

Couple of interesting results. Kew and WB probably the big losers of round 1. Maybe everyone should be careful of the Gryphs. You never know what you might get from the uni teams from season to season.

Elsternwick and OW perhaps the most impressive winners. The question will be answered in coming weeks though as to how good the OW win was. Maybe the Hoes really are that bad. Look forward to OMR's excuses.

My thoughts (and I'm no expert, but want to join in all the fun you're all having). Thank god round 1 is here......

West Bruny
Powerhousey
Swiny
Kewy
Ivanhoey

And of course the West Coke Eagles!!

Can't believe my beginners luck 5 out of 5, so who shall i tip for losses this week?!?!

Stacking the the 2's in round one? Are you serious or just a moron?

Couple of interesting results. Kew and WB probably the big losers of round 1. Maybe everyone should be careful of the Gryphs. You never know what you might get from the uni teams from season to season.

Elsternwick and OW perhaps the most impressive winners. The question will be answered in coming weeks though as to how good the OW win was. Maybe the Hoes really are that bad. Look forward to OMR's excuses.

Spot on Punta - the season has started and the talk is finished. Interesting results with OW and the Wicks clearly jumping out of the blocks to great first up wins. Horror start for the Hoes , with WB being a shock loss.

Had a look at the La trobe V Kew game on the weekend and was of reasonable standard. I felt that the uni fellas were a little better than the end result ON THE DAY, but overall a good tight contest.

P.S. Player Horne? from Kew - can play the lad - all teams beware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stacking the the 2's in round one? Are you serious or just a moron?

Well in theory, when you amalgamate you would normally pick up a handful of useful players. With all the preseason talk coming from Kew, one could be excused from thinking that they'd at least burst out of the blocks. But the Seniors lost to a side that was relegated.

The Reserves on the other hand, demolished the D2 Reserves Premiers of 2006. Surely questions must be asked? Unless it is in fact Latrobe who are no longer stacking their 2's?

Well in theory, when you amalgamate you would normally pick up a handful of useful players. With all the preseason talk coming from Kew, one could be excused from thinking that they'd at least burst out of the blocks. But the Seniors lost to a side that was relegated.

The Reserves on the other hand, demolished the D2 Reserves Premiers of 2006. Surely questions must be asked? Unless it is in fact Latrobe who are no longer stacking their 2's?
I think the issue is that they got a lot of depth from the merger but little top end talent- It will take a few weeks to work out which of those middle level players are in fact seniors and which are twos. Latrobe fielded a very strong side, with several who missed most or all of last year with injury- dont write Kew off, and post Latrobe right up there with OW as favorites.

if you want names.. McMaster,Sheldrick,Ludeman, Burns-wallace-= guns

Unless it is in fact Latrobe who are no longer stacking their 2's?
Now you're thinking out of the box Schproose.
I would have thought that being a uni side their list would change quite a bit given comings and goings of students from year to year? I find it unlikely that they had the same side from the GF 06. It wouldn't be ridiculous to assume the same of the seniors.
You shouldn't be so loose with the allegations moose.

Surely no side has ever stacked their 2's in round 1.....get of the hooch spruce moose

In round 1 what quite often happens is new players to a club can be a bit of an unknown quantity & start in the 2's or players who haven't made the effort to take part in pre season are playing in the early game

what odds will you give me for the wickers 2 finish in the relegation area???? Had the night off training last night so went down to e.park 2 2 watch them train.... my little brothers under 12's side are more impressive

I'll give you odds Huckleberry! Still want to outlay some of your dole cheque?

Surely no side has ever stacked their 2's in round 1.....get of the hooch spruce moose

In round 1 what quite often happens is new players to a club can be a bit of an unknown quantity & start in the 2's or players who haven't made the effort to take part in pre season are playing in the early game

Okay, point taken.

So then by Round 3 or so, these 'unknown quantities' should be known, and we will see the best 22 in the Seniors, and players 23-44 in the Reserves. Correct?

So what everyone is telling me, is that by Round 3 or 4, Kew should be more competitive (if not winning) in the Seniors, and not winning by 100+ in the Reserves. Or am I incorrect in this presumption?

Okay, point taken.

So then by Round 3 or so, these 'unknown quantities' should be known, and we will see the best 22 in the Seniors, and players 23-44 in the Reserves. Correct?

So what everyone is telling me, is that by Round 3 or 4, Kew should be more competitive (if not winning) in the Seniors, and not winning by 100+ in the Reserves. Or am I incorrect in this presumption?

The latrobe 2's were terrible but will improve as the season goes on. As far as Kew stacking their 2's . Give a rest!

Now you're thinking out of the box Schproose.
I would have thought that being a uni side their list would change quite a bit given comings and goings of students from year to year? I find it unlikely that they had the same side from the GF 06. It wouldn't be ridiculous to assume the same of the seniors.
You shouldn't be so loose with the allegations moose.

Spot on. Latrobes reserves had only 6 players remaining from their 06 GF side play against kew. The seniors side was made up of mostly u/19's from 06 and a few of the 06 2's GF players and a couple of recruits, only a few senior players remain from the 06 team.

I noticed that Coach Hollywood helped himself to ten of the best on saturday and throw in another 5 majors from his brother. 2 big losses for the hoes.

OW
Elsternwick
Monash
La Trobe
Hawthorn
Swine Burne
Q
WB:mad:
Powerhouse
Ivanhoe

Bit of an over-reaction isn't it knackers?

All credit to Monash. Better side won the day and we weren't happy with our performance or the result. Monash will be better than many were tipping pre-season and I seriously doubt they'll be in danger of the drop. They've picked up some good new faces and don't seem to have lost many.

Don't write WB off though. We'll fight back from this hiccup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back