D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youve obviously been hiding under a rock most of your life Heoch as its a line of arguement used most frequently by people who cant think their way logically out of a bit of constructive critism and therfore find it easy to insult their way out by using the famous mum jokes.Surely your not trying to tell us youve never heard these types of insults used before because if you are you would be stretching the truth a bit

Thanks for clearing that up Shiva. When you said that you had heard of the "mum jokes" before, I was just worried that you were implying that your mum was something other than the kind, loving, supportive and nurturing person that brought you into this world.

To any mums out there on Big Footy, thanks for being there when we need you....

Ok - I will go early - sounds like my style of love making - this weeks games :

The Students V Hoes - big game - bigger ground. The students did not like the smaller ground last week and will love being back at home and a few players back. The Hoes are playing well and have not 'lost' a game since round 2. Flipping the coin - because it's at the uni - Hoes by 7 points!

WB V OW - will be a little closer than most may orginally think. No doubt OW are the comp dream team - some would say the yard stick. I think this is more like inches than yards, but the away team to keep the perfect record in tact - 22 points.

Hawks V Gryphs - The hawks continue to prosper and all teams must recognise now that they are very much a finals bound team.....like it or not!! Monash have been decimated by injury and without their best list will struggle - as would any side in the comp. The too talls in the ruck, combined with some good mid-field supply will give Lauletta a big opportunity to kick plenty. The big DL to kick 8+ and Hawks in a canter - 58 points.

The House V Kew - very interesting game. If the reports arre true that Eddooooo!! has an injury and does not play - then Kew in with a real chance. Kew - COULD - be getting a few back and this will help them also. Horne looms as a danger match up for the house - but at home - The House by 2 points.

Swinny V E-wicks - this is a cracker. Swinney at their ground are always a little tougher. Mary in some great form up front and could add nicely to that tally this week. The E-wicks still suffering injuries will be very hungry for these 'away' points - in the context of the year - massive game. Mahony v fish in the guts will be interesting, each will play there own game - and not really look to ' man up' on each other - real head to head stuff. Might go the upset here - Swinny by 18 points.

Good luck to all teams.

So you don't play in d3. You reckon everyone who does is crap. You reckon, by implication that D3 is a crap standard of footy. You reckon people who post on here can't play. You're not affiliated with any club in D3.

And how do you spend your time? Posting on a D3 board on bigfooty... The pathos nearly brings a tear to my eye you sad, sad, man:(

Go and get one of these!
totall agree with your thoughts.
I've played D3, and Country footy and must say the speed of the game is quicker in Ammo's than it is in the Country.

Good on you Nicho Magic. You would find if you went through most D3 clubs you would find 9 - 10 blokes who have played A grade or equivilant (Metro - Div 1 / Major country leagues). I have actually witnessed blokes who have played A grade struggle for a game in D3 and those who struggle in D3 play A grade. We all know that A grade is a better standard (hence relegation/promotion) but to say there is no good players is rubbish.

Good on you Nicho Magic. You would find if you went through most D3 clubs you would find 9 - 10 blokes who have played A grade or equivilant (Metro - Div 1 / Major country leagues). I have actually witnessed blokes who have played A grade struggle for a game in D3 and those who struggle in D3 play A grade. We all know that A grade is a better standard (hence relegation/promotion) but to say there is no good players is rubbish.

Ah gday Glory. Great to hear from you. Couldn't agree with you more and could even add that some ex VFL players have played D3 footy and been good contributors but not superstars.

Nicho, you're a fool!!!

Having played up the grades a bit previously I'd go a bit further and suggest the top 4 sides would go okay in C, D1 and D2. They might be in the relegation race but they all play (differing) styles of footy that would see them win games, particularly at home. A and B would be above them due to the speed and skill across the board - noone with deficiences gets carried in A or B.

Can i have another perfect tipping week? Obviously only time will tell if I can add another 5 to my total of 24, but here I go....

Ivanhoe to beat La Trobe by 17 points (bandwagon keeps on rollin)
OW to beat WB by 42 points (a draw to be their only blemish at the half way mark)
Hawks to beat Monash by 39 points (too good on their odd shaped ground)
The House to beat Kew by 34 points (if edwards plays, if he doesn't by 1 point)
Swinny to beat the Wicks by 14 points (bandwagon2 and Higgins keep on rollin)

Good luck all....

Having played up the grades a bit previously I'd go a bit further and suggest the top 4 sides would go okay in C, D1 and D2. They might be in the relegation race but they all play (differing) styles of footy that would see them win games, particularly at home. A and B would be above them due to the speed and skill across the board - noone with deficiences gets carried in A or B.

It's a funny one as Ivanhoe-Assumption were a few kicks from B Grade less than several seasons ago. 1999 / 2000 ?

If you don't have kids coming through how can this be argued ?

No A or B and very few C clubs do not have Under 19's established.

Nor are many teams not school based / affiliated with someone

Surely OW are the side to make d1/c from this ten listed in 2007 ?

Resource wise - how else could a side do it if not be chance alone ?

Not only that, but there is a strong junior side to the club at OW, from Auskick and U9s upward. It has only been going for a comparatively short time but next year, or perhaps 2009, the current crop of U14s will be playing WRFL U16 and the cream of those boys will migrate to the VAFA U19 side. Should the seniors keep doing their bit, in four or five years we should see a very competitive D1 or C grade side with an incredible pipeline of youngsters feeding through.

I don't know how the other old-school sides operate, but OW juniors is more "Truganina and East Hoppers Crossing Districts" with only a minority of kids actually attending the school. I know my two don't! :)

can you guys all stop agreeing with me. its painfull. all you are saying is that each club has 1 and maybe 2 blokes that are above D3 footy. and when i say above, some may slot in to a and b section, however there are many others that would not get a game in such sides. and of course there are pleanty of blokes who did once play higher grades of ammos... these blokes are old now, and are playing D3 for a reason.

as i said d3 is shocking football. sure there are one or two that can really play, and a few around them that are all right, but the rest are hopeless and should get a new hobby.

can you guys all stop agreeing with me. its painfull. all you are saying is that each club has 1 and maybe 2 blokes that are above D3 footy. and when i say above, some may slot in to a and b section, however there are many others that would not get a game in such sides. and of course there are pleanty of blokes who did once play higher grades of ammos... these blokes are old now, and are playing D3 for a reason.

as i said d3 is shocking football. sure there are one or two that can really play, and a few around them that are all right, but the rest are hopeless and should get a new hobby.
after watching powerhouse vs kew today i couldnt agree more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched OW v wb today and clearly OW are a step above. Very, very good team and will win the flag if things continue along the same vein.

BUT

how do they get awy with 3 assistant coaches getting paid? surely this is, very smartly, taking the p iss of the amateur rule of paying ass coaches?

don't worry without the connors boys they would still win the comp - but surely this is something that the VAFA should have recognised?

rumour is that all clubs will have 22 ass coaches next year?

OW are without doubt the best 22 ( pos 32 ) going around - and they will samsh D2 next year. all other clubs are playing for promotion only - not a flag.

Take a closer look idiot.... A link was already made... i was just clarifying this to someone who asked about the original post... You Mate, need to grow up..and go to the local 7-11.. buy yourself some common sense

and infact i will repeat the exact words i said...

"Chris Hudson" Was the guy responsible for the CBD Shootings in Melb.
Now you tell me, where am i wrong?

And to top it off, for more proof that you are greatly misinformed... i was replying to the following post

Sorry If I'm a bit slow Patty, but could you please explain why this is humerous? What was the news this week of which you speak?

Take a closer look idiot.... A link was already made... i was just clarifying this to someone who asked about the original post... You Mate, need to grow up..and go to the local 7-11.. buy yourself some common sense

and infact i will repeat the exact words i said...

"Chris Hudson" Was the guy responsible for the CBD Shootings in Melb.
Now you tell me, where am i wrong?
It doesn't need to be mentioned - show some respect. The dog who should rot in hell should not be even named in the same sentence as Chris. I just find it very immature and inappropriate on your behalf and that of anyone else mentioning it. Fair enough if someone shares a famous persons name but please show some common decency. You may not of started it but you're just as bad as the person who first mentioned it.

It doesn't need to be mentioned - show some respect. The dog who should rot in hell should not be even named in the same sentence as Chris. I just find it very immature and inappropriate on your behalf and that of anyone else mentioning it. Fair enough if someone shares a famous persons name but please show some common decency. You may not of started it but you're just as bad as the person who first mentioned it.

I have no doubts that this youngster you are referring to is a good lad... Someone asked how the name "Chris Hudson" fits in with the "News of the past week" I answered... Thats all there is in it... Get over yourself!

You told me not to "Link" the kid to "the piece of scum" I dont recall making any such connection whatsoever!

give it a rest goalsneak, all he was doing was answering a question someone else asked.

I haven't kept much notice of it all this year, hows Ivanhoe going this year?

Can i have another perfect tipping week? Obviously only time will tell if I can add another 5 to my total of 24, but here I go....

Ivanhoe to beat La Trobe by 17 points (bandwagon keeps on rollin)
OW to beat WB by 42 points (a draw to be their only blemish at the half way mark)
Hawks to beat Monash by 39 points (too good on their odd shaped ground)
The House to beat Kew by 34 points (if edwards plays, if he doesn't by 1 point)
Swinny to beat the Wicks by 14 points (bandwagon2 and Higgins keep on rollin)

Good luck all....
Wow, 5 out of 5, two weeks in a row!! up to 29 out of 45 (was less than 50/50 not long ago)

watched OW v wb today and clearly OW are a step above. Very, very good team and will win the flag if things continue along the same vein.

BUT

how do they get awy with 3 assistant coaches getting paid? surely this is, very smartly, taking the p iss of the amateur rule of paying ass coaches?

don't worry without the connors boys they would still win the comp - but surely this is something that the VAFA should have recognised?

rumour is that all clubs will have 22 ass coaches next year?

OW are without doubt the best 22 ( pos 32 ) going around - and they will samsh D2 next year. all other clubs are playing for promotion only - not a flag.

Can you please name the 3 paid assistant coaches????

I assume by your comment that you think both Connors boys are paid assistants?

Brett doesnt even have a role at the club - other than being the best onballer in the comp!

Back it up or back off! :thumbsdown: (because the rest of your comments were very good and accurate!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back