D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

heard the same thing from a source within the club. from what i hear they'll be battling to field 2 sides and may end up in the relegation dogfight

Big call. From last years results they should have been looking at taking a tilt for premiership glory. Would be a big fall to see them at the bottom end of the table.

can anyone tell me how Ivanhoe are looking in '07. Have they lost anyone from last year or picked anyone up. what are the numbers like on the track?

Enough of the Kew and Ivanhoe already.

I'm becoming quite interested in the lack of talk about Westbourne's chances this year.

At this time last year they were spruiking like nobodys business.

What is going on over there?

Enough of the Kew and Ivanhoe already.

I'm becoming quite interested in the lack of talk about Westbourne's chances this year.

At this time last year they were spruiking like nobodys business.

What is going on over there?

There have been faint whispers of a few young guns moving to greener pastures (only greener in that there are more $100 notes lining the ground). Not sure to the extent of the exodus - will be verrrrrrrrry interesting to see how they fare. My tip is if the Pied Piper goes, many will follow

can anyone tell me how Ivanhoe are looking in '07. Have they lost anyone from last year or picked anyone up. what are the numbers like on the track?

Ivanhoe, Powerhouse & Kew are all getting big numbers on the track at the moment, 50+ most nights, but only they know the quality. Agree that the Truganina boys have been very quiet this year compared to last, maybe they don't want to shoot themselves in the foot again by spruiking so early. I'd suggest some beach sessions for all this pre season as the Wicks maybe playing their home games down at Elwood !

Big call. From last years results they should have been looking at taking a tilt for premiership glory. Would be a big fall to see them at the bottom end of the table.

it has happened to a few teams in my time involved in VAFA - a side makes the Prelim final one year, just misses the GF & promotion only to get relegated the following year. Prahran just avoided that in '06 after making the '05 Prelim

Ivanhoe, Powerhouse & Kew are all getting big numbers on the track at the moment, 50+ most nights, but only they know the quality. Agree that the Truganina boys have been very quiet this year compared to last, maybe they don't want to shoot themselves in the foot again by spruiking so early. I'd suggest some beach sessions for all this pre season as the Wicks maybe playing their home games down at Elwood !

Powerhouse & Kew may be getting big numbers, but I can confirm that Ivanhoe are not. I live locally and have played against Ivanhoe recently and can confirm they are on the slide. The coach ( goal kicker ) is gone, took 6 or 7 mates with him, Captain ( Harris ) is at Fitzy reds and likely to take a mate or two, several of their best players have not been seen this year and at best they have had 20 blokes through the place so far. Like mosts teams in the region they have been kicked off their ground ( water restrictions ). They will struggle and previous posts that they will finish as high as 7th may be setting the bar too high. So, I will have a crack and say......

West Brunswick
Kew
La trobe
Elsternwick
OW
Powerhouse
Hawthorn
Monash
Ivanhoe
Swinnie

So how are everyone's grounds holding up??

Is anyone allowed to train on them at the moment?

Does any club have exemptions to be able to water the surface??

Saw West Brunswick running around Princes Park last week - looked pretty fit, but there wasn't 50 there. Their oval is all dead grass at the moment.

Doubt that the 06 league B and F will be playing for Elsterwick as someone sugested. Looked quite at home with WB.

Saw Elsternwick training too - not many around.

Also hear that the Gryphons aren't getting heaps at training - average between 12 and 16.

Powerhouse & Kew may be getting big numbers, but I can confirm that Ivanhoe are not. I live locally and have played against Ivanhoe recently and can confirm they are on the slide. The coach ( goal kicker ) is gone, took 6 or 7 mates with him, Captain ( Harris ) is at Fitzy reds and likely to take a mate or two, several of their best players have not been seen this year and at best they have had 20 blokes through the place so far. Like mosts teams in the region they have been kicked off their ground ( water restrictions ). They will struggle and previous posts that they will finish as high as 7th may be setting the bar too high. So, I will have a crack and say......

Does anyone know if any from Ivanhoe went to West Brunswick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elsternwick rarely has good numbers at training at any stage until Thursday nights during the season so I wouldn't go solely on the number basis for pre-season.

Several players have enjoyed visits O/S, however I'm not aware that any of these guys will miss the season proper.

Saw West Brunswick running around Princes Park last week - looked pretty fit, but there wasn't 50 there. Their oval is all dead grass at the moment.

Doubt that the 06 league B and F will be playing for Elsterwick as someone sugested. Looked quite at home with WB.

Saw Elsternwick training too - not many around.

Also hear that the Gryphons aren't getting heaps at training - average between 12 and 16.

We (WB) never claimed to be getting 50. Any clubs claiming fifties in January as a sign of success in September would be fairly foolish. We've been swinging between about 15 and early 20s, but we've seen about 35 different faces in those numbers. A core of a dozen or so consistent trainers. Many of the Uni boys have made cameos at best and we'd hope to see numbers increasing in coming weeks.

Our oval isn't all dead grass... there's plenty of bare dirt and red-weeds. Having said that the Ransford oval, on which we played last year while McAllister was being repaired, seems to be in marginally better shape.

I won't speak on behalf of the league B&F, but he seems comfortable enough (and is making many of us feel unfit).

No one that I know of, other than those already publicised, has come to WB from Ivanhoe.

Getting 15-20 during January is probablt ok if they're working hard. Numbers should increase over the next month for any team hoping to be competitive. With everyone crying poor it's hard to judge who's genuinely going to struggle and who is trying to creep under the radar.

Having said that I've heard:
Rumours of trouble and depatures now from Wicks, OW, Ivanhoe, and Gryphons.
LaTrobe has either the greatest or poorest (but definately one of the biggest) surfaces in the VAFA.
Powerhouse are getting enough players to fill three teams.
Swinny won't be able to save themselves.
Kew have picked up a group of players who are either sh1tkickers to footballing Gods.
Hawthorn are hated by all.

LaTrobe has either the greatest or poorest (but definately one of the biggest) surfaces in the VAFA.
Kew have picked up a group of players who are either sh1tkickers to footballing Gods.

That's gold :thumbsu: Go Brunnie

We (WB) never claimed to be getting 50. Any clubs claiming fifties in January as a sign of success in September would be fairly foolish. We've been swinging between about 15 and early 20s, but we've seen about 35 different faces in those numbers. A core of a dozen or so consistent trainers. Many of the Uni boys have made cameos at best and we'd hope to see numbers increasing in coming weeks.

Our oval isn't all dead grass... there's plenty of bare dirt and red-weeds. Having said that the Ransford oval, on which we played last year while McAllister was being repaired, seems to be in marginally better shape.

I won't speak on behalf of the league B&F, but he seems comfortable enough (and is making many of us feel unfit).

No one that I know of, other than those already publicised, has come to WB from Ivanhoe.

Getting 15-20 during January is probablt ok if they're working hard. Numbers should increase over the next month for any team hoping to be competitive. With everyone crying poor it's hard to judge who's genuinely going to struggle and who is trying to creep under the radar.

Do you think that Wicks, OW, Ivanhoe and Gryphons could borrow some players from Kew and Powerhouse to make sure D3 has a reserves comp this year ? But will that steal another premiership from Kew ?

La Trobe could rent out half their ground to get the other half fixed up to a palying standard ?

Swinny, why does everyone bag these guys? Does a guy named Murch (?) play.....used to go all right a few years back.

Hawthorn hated by all ? More than OP's ?

Do you think that Wicks, OW, Ivanhoe and Gryphons could borrow some players from Kew and Powerhouse to make sure D3 has a reserves comp this year ? But will that steal another premiership from Kew ?

La Trobe could rent out half their ground to get the other half fixed up to a palying standard ?

Swinny, why does everyone bag these guys? Does a guy named Murch (?) play.....used to go all right a few years back.

Hawthorn hated by all ? More than OP's ?

If Kew have 50 on the track, only 10 of those would be putting their hands up for a senior game based on years gone by.

La Trobe could hold a lightning premiership on their ground - 4 games at once, ten minute halves, have the season decided in one afternoon. At least their bar facilities and capacity to drink match the size of the ground.

Murch is on the long term injury list from all reports - Quiksilver opted to not renew their contract and the surgery to remove their logo from his arm has taken its toll. (Having said that, he has kicked a bag on most decent full backs I know that have had the pleasure).

Hawthorn are very similar to Osteitis Pubis - with particular reference to the locality of the pain.

Word on the street is that Irving is torn between staying with his current club and playing with some mates that are with Kew due to the merger...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Word on the street is that Irving is torn between staying with his current club and playing with some mates that are with Kew due to the merger...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I wish, haven't heard anything about this, however, would welcome him down with open arms. At the moment this rumour is untrue.

West Brunswick
Kew
La trobe
Elsternwick
OW
Powerhouse
Hawthorn
Monash
Ivanhoe
Swinnie

From what I hear it would be a stetch for Coach Hollywood to have taken 6 or 7 mates with him from Ivanhoe. From what I could gather he was last seen leaving arm in arm with his one and only best mate from the club. A man and his shadow walking into the sunset - Man was a Munt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back