D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all loving dancing on the tables to a bit of johnny's you're the voice down at ivanhoe

OMR did Ivanhoe have anyone of note missing from last week's loss. i heard your ruckman was out? Do you think next time round you will give OW a shake up or would you concede they are a much better side even with your full list. Be interested to get the point of view from someone who has actually played against OW rather than their own posts!

OMR did Ivanhoe have anyone of note missing from last week's loss. i heard your ruckman was out? Do you think next time round you will give OW a shake up or would you concede they are a much better side even with your full list. Be interested to get the point of view from someone who has actually played against OW rather than their own posts!

That's an easy answer OW are a much better side than every team in the comp

Disappointing i couldn't get a straight answer from you boys. genuinely wanted a response from OMR or someone from ivanhoe to gauge if all the talk from OW is anywhere near the mark. Obviously the abuse of big footy last year ruined any chance of a decent chat about them :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I heard that Ivanhoe were missing their captain, vice captain and one of their deputy's. Having said that, unless their names are Judd, Cox and Kerr, they may not have gotten over the line against OW anyway (you reckon!).

Also heard (yes i have big ears) that OW were instructed only to use their non-preffered foot for the last quarter.....is that true????

Disappointing i couldn't get a straight answer from you boys. genuinely wanted a response from OMR or someone from ivanhoe to gauge if all the talk from OW is anywhere near the mark. Obviously the abuse of big footy last year ruined any chance of a decent chat about them :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

agreed Patty O - would be great to hear some info first hand from OMR about OW. Come on 'river' ...what do you think of OW?

Also, OMR feels that this week may be a better showing - maybe they did have a few out? maybe OW had a few out and that's why it was only 20 goals ???

So many questions ........

I heard that Ivanhoe were missing their captain, vice captain and one of their deputy's. Having said that, unless their names are Judd, Cox and Kerr, they may not have gotten over the line against OW anyway (you reckon!).

Also heard (yes i have big ears) that OW were instructed only to use their non-preffered foot for the last quarter.....is that true????

ETE - this is interesting..........I was told it was the second half !!

we were missing several players amongst them our captain, vice captain (ruckman), CHF, FB and a few mid sized running players. They were very handy team who played very well on the day. I think they are the yard stick of the comp, however beatable.

Patty, I'm not sure which club you are from so could you please let me know where I can send this huge box of tissues I bought for you.

we were missing several players amongst them our captain, vice captain (ruckman), CHF, FB and a few mid sized running players. They were very handy team who played very well on the day. I think they are the yard stick of the comp, however beatable.

Come on Old Man, dont play down the OW express (no one else is). They are quick, strong and skillful (as evident using their opposite side in the last on saturday). They are just great.

News update: Elsternwick's request to join the VFL has been knocked back by football victoria. Apparently the major stumbling block was their Sh%t ground. They are now considering their options which include being the 17th team in the AFL and relocating to the Gold Coast. Stay tuned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why dont you answer your own question Patty. After all you do play there. Were you hoping that OMR mentioned you as one of the their better players? I tell you what, send me a private message telling me what number you wear and I'll give you a plug.

Why dont you answer your own question Patty. After all you do play there.

I reckon you are on the money there, Lions Den. Too many posts from the OW angle to not be connected somehow. Possibly an accomplice of the great Gavahn Flower, or even yet another pseudonym for the former scribe?

One game against what has been widely regarded as mediocre opposition (either through absences or just generally low quality) is hardly a decent yard stick to measure up against.

Why dont you answer your own question Patty. After all you do play there. Were you hoping that OMR mentioned you as one of the their better players? I tell you what, send me a private message telling me what number you wear and I'll give you a plug.

The purpose of the post was to see what an ivanhoe person (OMR) thought about the game so i could get an unbiased opinion of both OW and Ivanhoe. As it is my first year in this comp and i haven't seen any other team play i thought it would be a better indication of what standard to expect for the rest of the year by asking someone outside my club.
I'm generally interested in how all the teams will shape up. If OMR was to tell me they were full strength and are around the mark in D3 then it would paint the picture. Seeing as they had some of their more experienced players out then i can take less from the outcome.

didn't mean to cause such a stir fella's!:confused:

It's very hard to gauge the standard of the league, and as you all point out so often, I cant listen to any OW posters so i went to the next best thing... The opposition

I reckon you are on the money there, Lions Den. Too many posts from the OW angle to not be connected somehow. Possibly an accomplice of the great Gavahn Flower, or even yet another pseudonym for the former scribe?

One game against what has been widely regarded as mediocre opposition (either through absences or just generally low quality) is hardly a decent yard stick to measure up against.

Ouch! Take that OMR!

Seems you're a bit full of yourself after your weekend performance knackers!

but how long is a yard stick?

Kew over Ivanhoe by 25 pts
La trobe over Monash by 38pts
Elsternwick over Westies by 60pts
Powerhouse over Hawthorn by 16pts
Old Westbourne over Swinny by 85pts

My tips for this week.

Ivanhoe over Kew by 10 points - a close one, but with some players back for Ivanhoe and playing at home should give them the edge.

La Trobe over Monash by 12 points - the home advantage giving the edge.

West Brunswick over Wicks by 3 points - WB to bounce back after a shock first round loss.

Hawthorn over Powerhouse by 22 points - this is just a guess.

Westbourne over Swinburne by 8 points - closer than most people think. The smaller ground is played well to the advantage of Swinburne.

My tips for this week.

Ivanhoe over Kew by 10 points - a close one, but with some players back for Ivanhoe and playing at home should give them the edge.

How many are back Dave? I hope its quiet a few! How'd you all train last night?

Hope your 2's are strong, remember Kew have 100 equally good players and are having to pull names out of a hat to decide who plays the early game and who plays the late game. Good luck bud

My tips for this week.

How many are back Dave? I hope its quiet a few! How'd you all train last night?

Hope your 2's are strong, remember Kew have 100 equally good players and are having to pull names out of a hat to decide who plays the early game and who plays the late game. Good luck bud

I hope they got about 18 back ETE !!! - any update Dave?

Don't really think it will matter who playes in what game for Kew - their first 4 points ( ones ) for the year by 5.00pm Saturday !!:eek:

P.S. Oldtimer and OMR to share a fluffy duck after the game and discuss how to go into damage control when playing OW and the Wicks !!

Kew over Ivanhoe by 25 pts
La trobe over Monash by 38pts
Elsternwick over Westies by 60pts
Powerhouse over Hawthorn by 16pts
Old Westbourne over Swinny by 85pts

happy to give you 85 points in on Swinbourne, i think you'll find history says the razorbacks arn't without a chance at home against the stinkers, no matter what the ladder postion is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back