D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicked 4, fair effort to still be going. That must be how the Elsternwick player got his blisters.

Can anyone report on the quality of umpiring in the 2's between Ivanhoe & Elsternwick? Apparently it is this reason the hoes got over the line.

Very suprised to read that Elsternwick were complaining about the umpiring in the twos. In a low scoring game, from what I've heard, they got 3 of their goals from controversial umpiring decisions (from their own umpire) which kept them in the game.

He aint a ruckmen. Gives away too many free's in the contest. Best with his heart condition that he plays out of the square.

Disagree Johnny, I know you may have missed the La Trobe game, watching that New Kid, but when he went into the Ruck, along with other moves the game swung dramatically to Monash.

No doubt tho, he does give away many free kicks, but gets a few as well.

Just noticed that P Rawley kicked four for the hoes and got BOG on the weekend. What is that old man still doing running around?

Now that is a name from the past !! Played against him in a final many years ago. He must be about 41?

Gee they must be working on a youth policy down at Ivanhoe;)

Good luck to him.

What's going on down at Elsternwick? Have the wheels fallen off for this pre-season flag favourite? I notice Scott Grace is fronting the tribunal tonight. Will be a big loss if he is rubbed out for the Old Westbourne game.

Reilly, can you fill us in with what's happening?

Reilly can hopefully send us their summary of their match report. I suspect that they are going to blame injury and the umpires for their loss. Unfortunately they don't post their match reports on the web any more I believe. Perhaps the Cmte has spoken to their coach..........

Disagree Johnny, I know you may have missed the La Trobe game, watching that New Kid, but when he went into the Ruck, along with other moves the game swung dramatically to Monash.

No doubt tho, he does give away many free kicks, but gets a few as well.
I saw the Latrobe game close up Ice. And I agree he was a factor in the turn around. In fact the big fella may have polled a vote. But refer to Bromans recent post... .."one good game 10 bad ones"....

Now that is a name from the past !! Played against him in a final many years ago. He must be about 41?

Gee they must be working on a youth policy down at Ivanhoe;)

Good luck to him.

38 years young for memory. Briefly played with him in early 90's and was a gun when the side was cruising in B section.
He was also a tearaway bowler for Rosanna in the HDCA but I think work committments took precedence

38 years young for memory. Briefly played with him in early 90's and was a gun when the side was cruising in B section.
He was also a tearaway bowler for Rosanna in the HDCA but I think work committments took precedence

Worm, you were also a tearaway quick from memory and a gun in your own right on the footy field.

Havent heard from you in a while OMR, a self imposed ban? or coach trying to make sure you didnt get ahead of yourself?

Hi Guys,

New to this Forum, seems to be a decent spread of form between all sides other than the top two. Going to make for an interesting next few weeks to see if Hawthorn and Westbourne can continue their runs. Who can stop them, if anyone? Can the hoe's lick the hawks this week or could Elsternwick rattle Westbourne? Big games ahead. I hear the Hawks are traveling pretty well specially their strong forwards, going to tough to beat. Have Westbourne got any guns or they're a well spread (talent wise) team?
Rose

So whats everyone's end yer ladder predictions now the comp has had few rounds.

OW, Hawthorn and Elsternwick to fight at the top if injuries are limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys,

New to this Forum, seems to be a decent spread of form between all sides other than the top two. Going to make for an interesting next few weeks to see if Hawthorn and Westbourne can continue their runs. Who can stop them, if anyone? Can the hoe's lick the hawks this week or could Elsternwick rattle Westbourne? Big games ahead. I hear the Hawks are traveling pretty well specially their strong forwards, going to tough to beat. Have Westbourne got any guns or they're a well spread (talent wise) team?
Rose

This tribunal result will not help Elsterniwick !! http://vafa.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=105334

Hawks and OW to continue on undefeated this weekend - Hoes and wicks with some pretty big injury concerns I would guess. ....and as stated don't have the depth of OW and Hawks.

So whats everyone's end yer ladder predictions now the comp has had few rounds.

OW, Hawthorn and Elsternwick to fight at the top if injuries are limited.

Swinny and Kew on way to D4, Kew would been my 4th to 6th spot at start season but injuries, new group and seems they have lot of in fighting on the field from what i have seen will ruin any chance of them escaping D4.

If this happens few there better player like Horne, Wiley, Wall, Heslop might be looking for new clubs.

OW, Hawks, the house and E-wick for mind

Monash, Kew - D4

In-fighting at Kew ? that would not be good for Kew at all ( on top of alot of injuries).

This tribunal result will not help Elsterniwick !! http://vafa.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=105334

Hawks and OW to continue on undefeated this weekend - Hoes and wicks with some pretty big injury concerns I would guess. ....and as stated don't have the depth of OW and Hawks.

Looking forward to their match reviews next week....

Now they can blame injuries, umpires AND the tribunal, before considering giving any credit to their opposition :p

Looking forward to their match reviews next week....

Now they can blame injuries, umpires AND the tribunal, before considering giving any credit to their opposition :p

Enough of the S**t hanging on D. Grace, wouldn't it be great for all coaches to be this open and publish there match reports.

By the way, I also wonder sometimes if any of you guys can actually read.

"Despite all this we got in front half-way through the last quarter and that is where we should have won it. Poor decision making processes cost us in the end so there is no excuses."

Enough of the S**t hanging on D. Grace, wouldn't it be great for all coaches to be this open and publish there match reports.

"Despite all this we got in front half-way through the last quarter and that is where we should have won it. Poor decision making processes cost us in the end so there is no excuses."

Looks like the days of the match report are over. Been taken from the website.

any word on how the bloke with blisters is going?

Forget our ability to read. It's the writing that's the issue.
There either is no excuse or there are no excuses!

Sorry for the English lessons... It was going to be worse but I managed to edit myself. :D

OW, Hawks, the house and E-wick for mind

Monash, Kew - D4

In-fighting at Kew ? that would not be good for Kew at all ( on top of alot of injuries).

Champ can say definitely that there is no in fighting at Kew. Looking forward to our must win game against Monash. 2 weeks ago we beat Ivanhoe by 50 and played some good footy, have had a bit of bad luck over the past 2 weeks but will be willing to rectify this on Sat. 3rd Place is on 2 - 2 and 10th is on 1 - 3. Only 1 game seperates 8 sides. A lot to play for, for a lot of sides this Sat.

As for Bomber - for him to post that we had 4 go to hospital early this week he is either the Scribe (which i know he isn't) or someone very close to our club (which is disappointing) as no one else knew this information.

The match reports aren't meant for opposing teams, and therefore don't mention the other team that much. If it did it would read something like this:

"we had problems matching up on #27, and their midfield, ably led by the little bloke with the blonde hair, was really tearing us up".

But those Elsternwick reports are gone now, mainly because the esteemed contributors of this forum talked about them so much, I suspect ...

The match reports aren't meant for opposing teams, and therefore don't mention the other team that much. If it did it would read something like this:

"we had problems matching up on #27, and their midfield, ably led by the little bloke with the blonde hair, was really tearing us up".

But those Elsternwick reports are gone now, mainly because the esteemed contributors of this forum talked about them so much, I suspect ...

If they were written by the coach you would think he would have done a bit of research pre-match to know who #27 & The little bloke with blonde hair are, & therefore be able to mention that in the review, helping to understand his team's match-up issues for future weeks.

If they were written by the coach you would think he would have done a bit of research pre-match to know who #27 & The little bloke with blonde hair are, & therefore be able to mention that in the review, helping to understand his team's match-up issues for future weeks.

You are missing his point

What's going on down at Elsternwick? Have the wheels fallen off for this pre-season flag favourite? I notice Scott Grace is fronting the tribunal tonight. Will be a big loss if he is rubbed out for the Old Westbourne game.

Reilly, can you fill us in with what's happening?

reilly can fill you in. he is not to impressed! thank you Mr Bateman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back