D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Having watched some B, C and D3 games this year I think it's fair to say the umpiring standard in D3 is no worse (or better) than C or D1-2. The umpires don't neccessarily train together and, like players who don't train together have no consistency in their decision making.

Having watched some B, C and D3 games this year I think it's fair to say the umpiring standard in D3 is no worse (or better) than C or D1-2. The umpires don't neccessarily train together and, like players who don't train together have no consistency in their decision making.

Umpire at OW v Wicks actually said to me during the game when questioned about a decision. "well I'm not calling it like that other guy mate!"

How on earth are you meant to play under that? Have a quick peak at which ump is nearby before applying your tackle or choosing to get rid of the ball or hold it in?!?!??

Consistency is the most important thing.

Many of the decisions on Sat were laughable, with both teams actually laughing with each other and trying to calm each other down as shocking decisions went consistently both ways! THATS NOT THE SORT OF CONSISTENCY WE WERE AFTER!

In terms of the game - Wicks were very hard at it and jumped us early. Play the small ground well and linked up well together. A good unit and a game played in good spirit.

But either way a draw still sucks! :mad:

In response to umpires, i had the pleasure or displeasure to watch the Latrobe v Powerhouse game and have never witnessed such a one sided display from the umpires, the decisions made i failed to find in the rule book, and yes the boundary umpire ( unsure if he was official ) walked off in disgust. Additionally i overhaerd the other boundary umpire ( official ) state he was embarassed to be out there. Not stating that Powerhouse would have won, but 20 odd free kicks in Latrobes forward 50 have too help.

Umpire at OW v Wicks actually said to me during the game when questioned about a decision. "well I'm not calling it like that other guy mate!"

How on earth are you meant to play under that? Have a quick peak at which ump is nearby before applying your tackle or choosing to get rid of the ball or hold it in?!?!??

Spot on Berzerk, sounds like the first couple of minutes of each game need to spent working out which way the umpires are going to call the game and adjust your play from there.

The real problem with this will arise when they change their minds halfway through the last quarter like they did on Saturday at Hoe's v Hawks

Spot on Berzerk, sounds like the first couple of minutes of each game need to spent working out which way the umpires are going to call the game and adjust your play from there.

The real problem with this will arise when they change their minds halfway through the last quarter like they did on Saturday at Hoe's v Hawks

Just a question slow train, you posted a reply asking why Ivanhoe lost the game????????? and now your commenting on the umpiring!!! hhhmmmm did you see the game or not??????

In response to umpires, i had the pleasure or displeasure to watch the Latrobe v Powerhouse game and have never witnessed such a one sided display from the umpires, the decisions made i failed to find in the rule book, and yes the boundary umpire ( unsure if he was official ) walked off in disgust. Additionally i overhaerd the other boundary umpire ( official ) state he was embarassed to be out there. Not stating that Powerhouse would have won, but 20 odd free kicks in Latrobes forward 50 have too help.

Don't know about that mate... Obviously a powerhouse supporter, I saw the game too and would have to agree that the umpiring was shocking, at the start of the game the decisions were bad both ways, if you observed the powerhouse boys began to talk back then the decisions went the other way.... as for 20 free kicks in la trobes fwd 50 that is a massive overstatement they did get a few but the house had a couple too. In fact when standing behind the goals I overheard the house full fwd joking with a la trobe player that he was embarrassed to kick the goal after the decision had gone his way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In response to umpires, i had the pleasure or displeasure to watch the Latrobe v Powerhouse game and have never witnessed such a one sided display from the umpires, the decisions made i failed to find in the rule book, and yes the boundary umpire ( unsure if he was official ) walked off in disgust. Additionally i overhaerd the other boundary umpire ( official ) state he was embarassed to be out there.

Well, don't bitch about it on bigfooty, make sure the hierarchy knows about it. There's direct links on the vafa and umps websites to follow it up. If they don't know about it, they can't fix it.

Dunno how much you know about the Elsternwick Mafia, Tiger -but they do what they want, to who they want. And if you think that any side not playing in A Grade (or even the entire grade in a combined effort) will get a reponse, I fear you're sadly mistaken.

Well not being privy to the Elsternwick Mafia's inner sanctum I can't say if you're right or wrong, but I know an ump or two and the umps hierarchy takes this sort of thing pretty seriously. You may surprise yourself. Even if you don't get the sort of public response you want, wheels will be in motion behind the scenes. Seen it a couple of times, much to my umpiring mate's horror.

I think Ivanhoe ran out of legs - I was asking Shiva what HE thought
It was a combination of running out of legs and also switching off in the 2nd half.Copped a couple of injuries in the 2nd half to some of our prime movers as well but still no excuses as it was a game we should of won regardless considering the lead we had.

How about this weeks Games, some very important clashes......in the wet.

Monash V Swinney - flip of the coin - Swinney by 4 points.

Ivanhoe V The House - House for mind ( apparently more injuries at Ivanhoe?) - house to rebound to the tune of 23points.

La Trobe V West B - La trobe on the big ground in Bundoora by 14 points ( but West are improving after a slow start).

Old West V Hawks - Game of the round - Old West to come to this one with the minds switch on and win at home by 15 points.

Kew V Elsternwick - The wicks for mind - even away from home - Kew still injury riddled - wicks by 26 points

Incorrect assumption, I am not a supporter of either, came down with a couple of mates to watch a player. Yes one of the free kicks to the House full foward was a joke, but that just emphasises the poor quality of umpiring. I also stand by my estimate of the free kicks as a fellow next to me took stats. You are undoubtedly the goal umpire for Latrobe. I believe the house captain queried the umpires on three seperate occassions, to no avail.

How about this weeks Games, some very important clashes......in the wet.

Ok my tips, with no input from my Guru as he is on leave...

Monash just over Swinny by 8 points to make it 2 in a row
Ivanhoe over Chimp's mob by 15 points (how many from your boy Edwards this week Chimp??)
La Trobe over West B by 21 points to stay third
OW easily over Hawks by 35 points (even in second gear)
Wicks over Kew by 17 points because it's south of the Yarra.

Monash over Swinny by 16 points. Quassie will start to get the shakes. And Swinnie will be mesmerised by the quality of the trainers at Monash ;-)
Ivanhoe to beat the house by 30. Pace to kick 5. And finish 2nd in the goal kicking this year.
La Trobe over West Brunswick in a close one. 5 pts
OW to proove the Hawks are pretenders. OW by 40.
Wicks easily over Kew by 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back